Goff/Wash Post: Some MLS salaries leaked. EJ and Donovan top list

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Sanguine, Jul 6, 2005.

1. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    He scored 3 of his run-of-play goals in his first 3 games, where everyone felt he was out to prove something. (coming fresh off the transfer, etc.) Since then, he scored only 1 run-of-play goal (in ~ 700 minutes), took no shots on goal off the run-of-play during his last 3 matches and saw Galaxy being shut out 3 times during that streak, as I recall.

So, you have a typical Landon inconsistency - very good for one game, absent for another two or three.

And, yes, Stan, I would have taken a chance that he would reject $400-500K. If so, then I would have moved on without him. But I am fairly confident that he'd not be going elsewhere ... and I would not have paid $1M to Leverkusen either. They could have held onto him as a 3rd stringer or dumped him off in the summer for peanuts. Peanuts I'd have paid.

2. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    This is a fascinating thread all over again in terms of how the season came out.

Alors, bump.

3. Revs007

Revs007 Member

Nov 11, 2000
    Boston
    Yes. Your right!

Who is Eddie Johnson and why is he one of the highest paid players in MLS? :D

4. Scoobs

Scoobs New Member

Aug 18, 2005
    In terms of productivity only LD and Wolf merited the bucks
    among the top ten.

5. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    And to think Wolff was the whipping boy for his contract when the season started.