News: Goff exclusive: DC United vs. Real Madrid, Sunday Aug. 9

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by TOTC, May 28, 2009.

1. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    I understand that you misunderstand the power of centralized organizations compared to the agility and speed of distributed organizations. There was a recent OR white paper on this very subject. While TF and SC weren't used in the paper, their organizations were analogous of the case studies. I'll dig up the white paper.

Beside your misconceptions of organization theory, your argument about speed being a push, is wishful thinking at best. SC needs a conveyance to cart his fat ass around. TF runs. On this point, we'll just have to agree that you are wrong.

Additionally, TF carrying coins based upon her body weight is equivalent to SC carrying a sack of toys (from his sleigh) to the tree.

TF works every night. SC works 1 day a year (lazy pud).

Lastly, Mrs. SC may be a slut (not that there's anything wrong with that), TF is more flexible, creative and better in the sack. But this is irrelevant to the original discussion.

TF > SC

1 person likes this.
  2. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (set up)

And how would make a unicorn cry???

3. MattMathai

MattMathai BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    Duh, same way you make doves cry. Play them sappy Prince songs.

4. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    the easterbunny is real

5. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    Either way, this is a good deal for United's visibility and likely a good take for the owners. If its inconvenient or bad football, oh well.

We hardcores are going to have to lump it, and yes, deal with the huge number of europoseurs that will show up to watch RM and -- mostly having never seen a DCU game -- complain about the poor quality of the US league. I can hear it starting already.

I liked the comment that this is like opera. Tickets are for people with more money than sense. The seats are uncomfortable. You'll need opera glasses to see the ball given the shitty stadium. Still, if I can I'll go cause its my team. And like opera, dress in black.

When we win it will make page 32 of El Pais. And maybe the Post.

More importantly, I am assuming either TF or Santa would beat Real Madrid.

6. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you scare it.

you know how to scare a unicorn?

wait for it .........

U-nique up on it :D

7. MattMathai

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    And, just because I felt compelled to do this, how do you catch a tame unicorn?

YOU wait for it....

Tame way. Unique up on it.

8. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    I'll take Hanukkah Harry FTW.

9. merrybee

merrybee Member+

DC United
    United States
    Nov 8, 2005
    Mayor, Simpleton
    You make a compelling argument, JSF. However, the TF doesn't run, she flies.

10. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How are tickets working for the supporter groups? Are they doing the same deal as they are regular season ticket planholders? Also, does anyone know if they have released prices for upper bowl tickets or when they will do so?

11. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    Per the Goff article in today's Post, no upper deck pricing info or sales until the lower bowl is almost sold out.

Per the latest Barra email, tix are in sections 133 and 134 @ FedEx (heh), and are $50 for full-plan holders, $55 for members, and $60 for non-members. I expect the Eagles will have similar options.

12. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Because of cost containment, TF has been compelled to fly coach and with the increased security scrutiny, she takes the bus more often.

13. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    Hell, I seen her yesterday, she was standin' on a corner,
    Leaning up against a post
    She said "But I'm tired, I've been walkin' all day."
    I said "That don't confront me,
    Long as I get my money next Friday"
    Now that Friday's come I didn't get the rent,
    And out the door she went.

14. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which makes the TF a more seasoned traveler, able to deal with delays, missed connections, and smelly old ladies that travel with their yappy dogs and chatter incessantly about their hemorroids. SC is soft. He has his own private coach that sticks to a precise schedule and is tracked by NORAD.

15. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Even if it's just a friendly, it still sounds like it might be fun!

Here's hoping United can do well, at least - though I would be especially happy if they win!

(Not just because I don't much care for RM, to put it one way...)

EDIT: Plus, it would be a good experience to have going into the CCL - if RM show up to really give the game a go, it would indicate the kind of effort that United would need to at least try to keep up with when teams like Cruz Azul and Saprissa show up... again.

16. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    Yeah, you get all types here. Myself, as an econ major, I feel almost physically compelled to answer any argument that prices will rise without supply falling or demand rising. I've also seen SSSes get built before that did not result in increased prices.

17. BigKris

BigKris Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Academic. :rolleyes:

I went from being an econ major to working in a corporation. For business majors. Who went on to become executives. Pray for me.

This idea that prices only rise because there's a shortage of demand is only true when you're talking about a commodity product. Whenever you have something unique (or anything that can conceivably be marketed, branded, or pitched to management as being unique) you price it up, on the arrogant assumption that you have pricing power and can demand such things of your customers. Sure, perhaps later it will turn out that market effects take hold and it will be shown that the optimal pricing of the product was down near a lower price-point, but by then the executive has already gotten his bonus and moved on to another department/division/company.

So, take it from me, prices will go up, whether economic theory says they ought to or not.

18. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was a theatre major so I just like watching all the drama unfold in the threads. :D

19. skippy

skippy Member

Nov 17, 1999
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Psych major.

Pig.
    In.
    Slop.

;)

21. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Re: Goff exclusive: DC United vs. Real Madrid, Aug. 8

Looks like DCU looking to turn big profit...............also banking on the hope that by the summer C.Ronaldo and/or Kaka will be running up and down the field in the white shirts.

22. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    They will also undoubtedly have to pay Real Madrid a lot of money for this exhibition game - After Real Madrid and FedEx costs are paid, the rest is profit - Yep there looking for a profit, but they also have some high expenses

Don't some of the ticket packages include a "tailgate" inside the stadium hours before the game - Suddenly that's not such a bad deal

23. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty sure that's an extra $30.

24. MattMathai

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    It is.

25. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah, and still a cash bar :)

For $30 (and no booze), they better be serving lobster at the tailgate. Or at least making the burgers with a black truffle oil or some yuppy crap like that :)