Godfrey Tenoff kicked off the Team

Discussion in 'Cleveland' started by Cleveland City, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Cleveland City

Cleveland City New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Last Thursdays game against Miami at home, Godfrey Tenoff was taken out of the game in the early first half. Apparently Head coach Rod Underwood was shouting instructions at Godfrey, but Godfrey did not like what the head coach was saying and started shouting back at him.

So Rod Underwood pulled Godfrey Tenoff out of the game. Godfrey was coming of the field and really got into it with the head coach on the side line. He was officially kicked off the team, Godfrey Tenoff was not even dressed for last night game.

Of course the team has not come out with a official announcement, but with the team playing so poorly I can see why. I see he is still listed on the teams web site along with the ex general manger.

2. budfrog532

budfrog532 New Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    You sure about this story?
    I thought that I saw Tenoff limping a bit when he came off the field Thursday, so I didn't think twice about it, appeared to be an injury.

3. Cleveland City

Apr 11, 2007
    Thats what I thought at first. I was told officialy yesterday Hes gone.

4. budfrog532

budfrog532 New Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Wow, that seems incredibly harsh.

I have heard at least 3 or 4 times "through the grapevine" this year that Underwood is harsh with players and doesn't listen well, but I always just brushed it off to typical team grumbling when things aren't going well on the pitch.

This seems really over the top, especially with a class guy like Tenoff.

5. Cleveland City

Apr 11, 2007
    Godfrey Tenoff was a good guy, always stoped to talk to me. I hop we canget him back.

6. Rich P

Rich P Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Cleveland, OH
    Underwood is a lousy coach. Ever watch the guy during the game? He just sits there with that "bad ass" Mr. T look on his face. I've heard also from a few players that he can't communicate worth a damn. He has to go.

7. Lightning_Striker

Lightning_Striker New Member

Apr 22, 2009
    sorry to hear about the situation at the CSS ... losing a player like Godfrey is not what a team needs when near the bottom of the table.

8. LordRobin

LordRobin Member+

Sep 1, 2006
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The "situation" has gotten to the point where I've just about given up. It's not the losing. I wouldn't mind the losing if I got the feeling that there was actually a rebuilding process going on. But I've seen no evidence that the FO gives a sh*t about the results at all. I mean, Underwood still has his job. There's no roster overhauls, except those going THE WRONG WAY (i.e. cutting Tenoff). There's no communication on the website or anywhere else about the situation. It's like they just don't care.

Please, if you have evidence to the contrary, I really need to hear it. I want to support my team, but I just can't justify spending money on another game that leaves me angry and feeling ripped off and taken advantage of.

Jesus, what the hell happened to this team? How did they go from playoffs in their first year, champions in their second, to THIS?!? Usually a collapse this complete only happens when there's a changing of the guard up top, but there hasn't been, has there? What the f*** happened?!?

I've been to six games this year, but I just can't do it anymore. F*** these assh*les. Like I said, I don't need wins to turn me around. I just need something, anything. Fire Underwood, overhaul the team, talk to the supporters, ANYTHING. But this blatent, crippling incompetence week in and week out... Jesus. I've just had it.

Sorry for the rant, but I had to blow this off. I've been holding it since Friday.

------RM

9. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I doubt anybody from the FO even bothers to come here anymore. I know that Geissbauer used to keep tabs on BS. He's got an account here. But he's not part of the team anymore.

10. LordRobin

LordRobin Member+

Sep 1, 2006
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't mean someone needs to post on BigSoccer. They could just as easily post on GreenArmy.info, or their own website, or hell, call a few of the stalwart Army members on the phone.

------RM

11. Kryler Dassen

Kryler Dassen New Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    I think that the front office is well aware of the thoughts of the green army and the fans that post on greenarmy.info and here at big soccer.

I've noticed a few changes during game days lately and it seems like they are geared towards the fans.

Has anybody else noticed the "pirate" PA announcer is gone. Or that there is no more music played during games? That the "Lawnmower Dance" is gone before games? Or the dramatic reduction in PA announcements read during games...

12. Kryler Dassen

Kryler Dassen New Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    I've been to most games the past two years and I'm upset about the state of the franchise and the play on the field as well.

I do disagree with you that there hasn't been any attempt at change. Guys like Guillaume, Gibson, Valentin, Hayden and Sesay have all been brought in since the beginning of the season and are/were mainstays in the lineup. Hayden was called back to Houston and Valentin broke his foot. If not for that, almost half of our normal starting 11 would have been added to the roster after the beginning of the season.

That's not even mentioning the situation that is keeping Musa out of Cleveland. You don't think our defense would be different with big number 2 in the back line?

13. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha, I see what you mean. But it's not going to happen.

Pretty much the "you don't know what you're talking about" from the team pastor is the only thing we'll hear from the club. I'd wager he doesn't know what he's talking about either.

Edit: Well, it looks like one of them poked their heads out here. I was hoping we could lure one out to comment.

Kryler... is that Tyler in disguise? :p

I can't say that I've noticed most of that. Didn't they do the lawnmower dance last game? If not then, I know they did it the game before, so maybe they have stopped. That's fun for the kids anyway, hardly that annoying. And those things you point out are little insignificant things. You seriously want us to jump for joy over that crap?

If they cut back on the music, I give you that. And the PA announcements, too. I didn't really notice it, but that's probably because of the AIS guys. And that's probably why they did it. I expect the music to be back fullforce now that those guys are gone.

14. Rich P

Rich P Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Cleveland, OH
    Bottom line is....The FO has no clue what to do...even if they read what's on here, it's not like they know how to fix it...this whole operation needs a clean sweep...let's start over again...bring in PROFESSIONALS who know how to run a soccer team and how to put on a professional soccer match...I think this season shows that having a boatload of interns who are working for free just to get college credit is not working...CCS is the headless horseman right now.

Don't even get me started on the product on the field.

15. Kryler Dassen

Kryler Dassen New Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    And the AISL was a well run organization?

http://www.aisl.org/staff.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Indoor_Soccer_League

16. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are you taking personal shots at him? You obviously know who he is, since you mentioned indoor. That's really classless. And it just shows and proves what we've been saying about how this team is run. Btw, Rich, I'd like a copy of your book. I watched the Force and Crunch as a kid.

The AISL has nothing to do with our current conversation. Granted, Rich has been harsh in his criticism of you guys. But attack the argument, not the person. Never did he say that he could do the job better or that he wanted the job.

Pretty damn low.

PS - since you know him, and I'll happily let you know who I am if you like. Why don't you tell us who you are?

First off, I'm a VIP season ticket holder and I went to nearly every home game in the first season and over a dozen in the second, paying for tickets every time. I'm your customer. One of the reasons I picked the VIP package over the cheaper package is I wanted to support the team. So, I bought the most expensive one. I didn't really need the extra shirts because I already have some. My daughter likes the new scarf though. So, I basically gave you money to support the team for no other reason than that. I'm one of the older guys in the Green Army, the one with the beard and Marine Corps tattoo on my forearm. My name isn't really important in the soccer world at all so that's why I haven't told you that, it wouldn't mean anything to you. I'm just a dedicated fan. So, I'll ask you again. Who are ya? And if you're not here, professionally, to act as the team's spokesperson, then well, you're just like the rest of us.

17. Rich P

Rich P Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Cleveland, OH
    Well, let me tell you a little story there, sunshine...The AISL had it's issues, there is no doubt about that. However, we had teams that actually were designed to WIN games, not to make sure we're all going to heaven.

When I was with the AISL, we had guys running teams that had never run professional soccer teams before. I brought some experience in, and made some headway into building something.

What held back the AISL was a lack of experience and financial werewithal to be able to absorb losses. Our owners were guys who held 9 to 5 jobs who financed their teams out of their own pockets. We even had one owner who mortgaged his home to have enough money to start his operation. It might not have been the smartest move in the world, but it was one man's dedication, and I will support that.

I have worked for teams in the MISL (the REAL one, not the cheap imitation), the NPSL, and a couple of outdoor teams in the old APSL. I've seen what success looks like, and I've seen what poorly run operations look like.

Don't be a sockpuppet, sunshine. If you have the nerve, don't hide behind a made up name.

18. Rich P

Rich P Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Cleveland, OH
    Dave...Thanks for the backup. I'll bring a copy with me on Sunday.

19. budfrog532

budfrog532 New Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
  20. tdaly

tdaly New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes I went to the game on July 3 and I did notice that those things are gone. Maybe I wil go to

21. tdaly

tdaly New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes I went to the game on July 3 and I did notice that those things are gone. Maybe I will go to the game on Sunday.

22. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may not be there. Sundays I have other commitments. So, don't worry about bringing it this time. I'll try to make the game, but it's looking about 80% likely that I won't.