Goalkeeper Gloves - Advice

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by trex, Aug 23, 2006.

1. trex

trex New Member

Aug 20, 2006
    I don't know where else to post this, and I know this has probably been covered already but here we go.

My club are giving me £20 towards a new pair of gloves and I can't make up my mind, since playing in goal I've had a pair of reusch flat palms (the grip went v.quick), sells adhesion wraps (can't get the sizing right) and now a pair of puma king sl - roll finger.

I was thinking about getting either puma king exec's negative cut - never had a pair of nc gloves before though. Or Selsport Wrappa - Never had selsport gloves or know anyone who has.

I tend to stay away from gloves with finger protection as when i tried a pair of the old adidas fingersaves I found it hard to move my fingers. What are people's experiences of puma's system? What gloves have people had that last a reasonable amount of time?

Any views, opinions or feedback on what glove to get would be much appreciated.

2. Old US Keeper

Old US Keeper New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Chandler, AZ
    Hi trex,

Gave you a good option in a PM over on KZ with the HO Titan Pro Roll SMU in size 7.5.

Just wanted to let you know I am everywhere, luv! ;)

3. Kbulldog3

Kbulldog3 New Member

May 2, 2006
    New Jersey
    i would suggest the puma v-kats. they have great grip and fingersaves as well as being fairly cheap.

4. Old US Keeper

Old US Keeper New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Chandler, AZ
    The V-Kat is a great glove, except the spines move around because there is no velcro to keep them in place. Also, the spines on the V-Kat have had a notorious problem for snapping very fast.

5. iamtomas

iamtomas Member

May 2, 2004

I've sold hundreds of v-Kat and v-Konsturkts gloves and have had zero in return issues with snapping spines as you say.

6. Mini Shay

Mini Shay New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    England
    Been an issue that Ive heard lots here in UK. I love Puma gloves and was going to get a pair of V-Kat's for my indoor season, but decided against it after reading lots of other people describing the snapping and loose spines.

7. Old US Keeper

Old US Keeper New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Chandler, AZ
    The problem seems to be only with the V-Kat & not with the V-Konstrukt, according to those that are having issues. Don't get me wrong, I think Puma is doing a fantastic job with their goalkeeper gloves. This seems to be more of a QC issue, and may be limited to a certain batch.

Here are a few links referring to the problem from other forums:
    http://theglovebag.com/forums/thread/371.aspx
    http://www.goalkeeperzone.com/kzforums/viewtopic.php?t=7129&highlight=spines+snap

iamtomas, do you work for Puma, a large retail company or own your own shop? Just curious.

8. iamtomas

iamtomas Member

May 2, 2004

One of the three, and thanks for the links I will pass this info on. It is always helpful to hear these things. And most of my sales were in the v-Konstrukt.

Thanks again

Tomas

9. Mini Shay

Mini Shay New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    England
    I wanted to order some roll finger V-Cats for when my indoor season kicks off next week. I placed the order with www.great-save.com and they rang to inform me they have no stock due to the problems mentioned above about spines breaking. Ended up getting a pair of sells durasoft guards instead!

I did get the impression that it was just one batch of gloves and that they will soon have more in stock. But i wouldnt quote me on that as gospel truth.