Gm #27: Chicago vs. Los Angeles, 4 October, 7.30pm [Pregame]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by NotAbbott, Oct 3, 2003.

1. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    Have at it.

I'm guessing the same starting lineup as Wednesday, unless Mapp is healthy. Rumors abound that we may see Bolaños, which I say only because I still remember how to add the tilde to his name.

And Eric Wynalda thinks the Galaxy sucks.

Later,
    COZ

2. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Dear Evan Whitfield;

Please be gentle with me this weekend.

Your loving bitch,

Chrissie Albright

3. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    The Sun-Times is saying Mapp and Brown should be back, but with regard to C.J., that seems to contradict earlier information, doesn't it? Wasn't he supposed to take the rest of this week off?

Later,
    COZ

4. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    This would be the sweetest win of the year (so far), being thats its the last game in Naperville, the fact we would sweep LA in the season series as well as virtually lock up the East. Lets make it happen.

5. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    If CJ was healthy, would he automatically take Gray's spot?

6. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Depending on formation, yes. In the 3-5-2, I hope he would, so that Gray can take Perez's spot...

We are going to have some tired guys out there, but we always seem to rebound against LA. Make the last memory of Naperville a good 'un, boys!

7. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    CJ is listed as doubtful. I wouldn't expect to see him back. Frankly, he may not be back for several more games. Achilles injuries are notoriously slow to heal. Luckily Kelly Gray has played pretty decent the last few games back there. I hope Justin is back and we can make an adjustment to possibly replace Orlando in the starting lineup.
    Beasley had one of his best games of the season largely playing in the middle of the field instead of the wing at the Open Cup match against LA. Maybe he will reprise that roll on Saturday.

8. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
  9. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My prediction.

2-1 Fire win.

Playing LA so often recently has nurtured a real dislike for the Galaxy...is that bad? Especially Ruiz!

10. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Re: My prediction.

not in my book

11. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000

After what Luis did to Nowak, that team deserves all the hate I can muster. The organization is crooked if they won't even suspend their own player. And even if they did they should have kicked him off the team.

12. Fuhrer

Fuhrer New Member

May 25, 2003
    Elmwood Park, IL
    I just hope perez doens't play, I can't stand him.

13. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I've hated LA since the first time I heard about them. The best part of the season has been beating them. I hope we do it again.