Gm #25, BC #2: Dallas v Chicago, 20 September, 07.30pm [Pregame]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by HalaMadrid, Sep 15, 2003.

1. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    http://chicago-fire.com/pressbox/nextgame.asp?chkid=9/20

Also: Short of a 4-goal loss, we've wrapped up the Brimstone Cup this season.

Let's clinch our first hardware of the year in style and get our taste for silver going.

2. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Uhh, Liam I think you're forgetting something.

DALLAS SUCKS!

3. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    No I didn't. I gave THAT its own thread :)

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not so fast.

Any Burn win = Burn keeps the cup one more year. There's been no tiebreaker established, whether total goals or whatever.

5. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Re: Re: Gm #25, BC #2: Dallas v Chicago, 20 September, 07.30pm [Pregame]

Didn't we agree on total goals a couple of years ago? The original charter wasn't updated to reflect it, but I don't think it was supposed to...it was going to be on a seperate page or something.

Of course, if there are no documents to reflect it, I have no proof.

6. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Segroves, are you going? Is there a way for us to send you the Fire fans banner and have you present the cup to the team after the game should results permit? :D

7. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    For anyone interested, ATA has a fare deal this week:

Oh, and Delta does you one better:

8. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Gm #25, BC #2: Dallas v Chicago, 20 September, 07.30pm [Pregame]

I remember discussions a long time ago regarding tiebreakers.

I'm sorry, but if Dallas beats the Fire by anything less than 4-1 and retains the cup, then it will have lost all meaning for me whatsoever. It will have rendered itself useless.

I will then champion a committee, since you all seem to like them so much, for the elimination of the Brimstone Cup completely, and you can keep it forever.

By the way... on the main page, someone needs to update the current cup standings. We've got 3 points.

Man, you guys are desperate to win something this year, no matter how you get it. Why don't you start with a couple games... then you can work your way up to cups.

Sad... sad... sad...

9. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Re: Re: Re: Gm #25, BC #2: Dallas v Chicago, 20 September, 07.30pm [Pregame]

Well, personally, if we don't get points off of Big D, we don't deserve it. But I do remember there being some tiebreakers established. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that.

And, FWIW, the Brimstone committee and rulesheet is getting a bit of an overhaul this offseason so this doesn't happen anymore.

10. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I dunno yet, but I'll see what I can do.

11. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Gm #25, BC #2: Dallas v Chicago, 20 September, 07.30pm [Pregame]

Quit your insufferable whining already. Liam and I have had a discussion about this today. He remembers the six of us agreeing on tiebreakers, I don't. I'll be looking at my old e-mails tonight. Maybe he's right. In any case, we'll be fixing this for sure this coming offseason.

Besides, you schmucks can render the whole thing moot by at least eking out a draw on Saturday night. If you can't do that against a 4-16-4 team, then that's just -- uh, how did you put it? -- "sad... sad... sad."

12. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Gm #25, BC #2: Dallas v Chicago, 20 September, 07.30pm [Pregame]

No offense, but I think that might be the same number of people who care.

;)

13. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gm #25, BC #2: Dallas v Chicago, 20 September, 07.30pm [Pregame]

No, it's not. I know you're trying to make a joke out of this but if you're slighting the effort put into making this competition a reality, you're slighting me and a lot of other Fire fans that do care, not just the Dall*#*#*#*#*#*#*#s ;)

Just recognise at least that much. The rivalry has seen better days but that doesn't mean you just toss it in the bin and say 'start over'.

Don't get me wrong...I hate LA and Metros too. I think all three are justified primary rivals. But most of our history, and going the furthest back, is entwined with Dallas (LA too) and that's not something you can just discount now that Dallas is garbage this year.

We'll be garbage again at some point (hopefully far off) down the line, and Dallas will be having everything come up daises. It's inevitable. Are you saying you won't be bothered by that when that day comes? That it wouldn't please you immensely even if we make nothing out of our season, just to sabotage theirs?

Taht's what this is all about folks. It's not us stopming all over Dallas at every turn. That's what we have Columbus for. If you need a reminder, just look at our all time record against Big D and how they've played the spoiler for us.

14. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Do't look now, but Jeffries has been fired.

Film at 11.

15. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    This is like the 95-96 Bulls against the Raptors, who was one of their 10 losses. Well, maybe not that much of a gap but I still pray that we dont let up in this one.

16. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Gm #25, BC #2: Dallas v Chicago, 20 September, 07.30pm [Pregame]

If I had known there would be Burn fans regularly reading the Fire list, I might have curbed my insufferable whining. I know you've had enough of your own this season.

17. robviii

robviii Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Chicago
    You guys are going down!

18. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I still hate Dallas. Remember Ariel Graziani? 'Nuff said...

19. RodneyMunch

RodneyMunch New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Attn: Mike

Are you making the trip to Sucklake for the game this weekend? Please stop by the Inferno tailgate so we can donkeypunch you for old times sake. I will also arrange a cavity search for you at the airport Wing Commander Wang.

20. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Re: Attn: Mike

Is this guy a Topper sock puppet?

21. RodneyMunch

RodneyMunch New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Good question

If Dustin vouches for you, I guess you will be okay. At least no beer showers. Sucklake doesn't allow alcohol sales. If the Burn pull an upset though, you have to be subjected to hot anal from the Decker Dog.

22. RodneyMunch

RodneyMunch New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Please, feel free to sodomize the Decker Dog at any time. He's a hated corporate sponsor at the games. During a recent halftime event, several Inferno members ignored the contest and went after the Decker Dog instead, hoping to put him out of his misery.

23. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gm #25, BC #2: Dallas v Chicago, 20 September, 07.30pm [Prega

EEEAAAAAASSSYYYYYY!!!!

It was just a joke, and I wasn't slighting anyone. There was a back and forth between a couple of people without the general Fire/Burn population getting involved. So when Dustin made reference to "six people", I made a little joke.

I appreciate the efforts of everyone who does work above and beyond buying a ticket and showing up. I also disapprove of the Dallas Burn ;)

24. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was sorry to see Dallas get rid jefferies right now as teams always play harder for the new coach, the first game. I hope the Fire don't take the Burn lightly because of their record.

25. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I would agree with this, and add that teams usually play freer. They will break it down to simple elements -- "you four stay back and organized" "you (DM) play in front of them" "the rest of you go nuts -- we've got nothing to lose."