Gm #22: Chicago v Kansas City - 14 August, 7:30 PM CDT [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by GoHawks4, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Swampgas United

Dec 24, 1999
    Boros
    Team PTS
    SJ 38
    FIRE 31
    DAL 34
    LA 33
    COL 33
    KC 32
    CLB 31
    NY 29
    NE 22
    DC 22

2. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    My dad, who was at the game, said the attendance was 15,916. How did they fit everyone in there?

3. viperdiablo21

viperdiablo21 Member

Jul 20, 2002
    hey they are still gonna run the game on FSN after the sox game right? i hope so although it's the bottom of the 8th and freakin rangers decided to rally. AAAAAAHH. i am ok now but this game i gotta see.

4. Mattinho

Mattinho Member

Jan 27, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oi, Where did you hear this?

5. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Woh, the old man was right for once! :)

http://www.mlsnet.com/games/02/0814kcchi.html

It's amazing what kind of attendance you can get on a weekday when a stadium is actually accessible.

6. viperdiablo21

viperdiablo21 Member

Jul 20, 2002
    i believe it was and earlier thread unless i am completely out of it

7. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow, is meola gonna set the record for yellow/red cards in one season for a goalie?

any word if wolff was hurt bad?

8. Mattinho

Mattinho Member

Jan 27, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this the largest Wednesday crowd ever?

9. boots15

boots15 New Member

Sep 19, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    The game was absolutely awesome. Full house, we all fit. The barnburners kicked ass. After the game the players came over and clapped and sang with them. Everyone played awesome. Still kind of frustrated with Wolff's play. Hristo's little play around Meola was just unbelievable. Watching Meola get kicked out was hilarious, he was playing with the crowd. We are finally coming back together as a team. All we need is Peter! Diego got a warm welcome. Dema had a much needed solid performance. Very encouraging game.

10. boots15

boots15 New Member

Sep 19, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    This game will be televised? I would love to see it again.

11. viperdiablo21

viperdiablo21 Member

Jul 20, 2002
    thought i read something about it being after the sox game but then again i have been going crazy lately soooo i am not that reliable of a source

12. cusoccer82

cusoccer82 Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Bigtime performance against what i believe is the worst team in the league. Hristo and beasley had great games and the crowd was awesome. A fun game to be at and quite possibly the greatest wednesday night game ever. Always great to see fatty meola angry too!

13. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Great game, great night!

Just got back from the stadium, the weather was beautiful and man it was a nice crowd for a Wednesday.

A lot of new (young) faces in Section 8. Good to see some new blood, just need to participate a little more.

Best of all, we won! nice stop on defense mid-way thru the second half by Bocanegra. Out of nowhere his head comes in and BOOM, knocks the ball out of the goal.

Also good to see Hristo score.

Go Fire!!

14. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    Was there as well. All I have to say is, it's about fricken time. Great game.

15. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great game if they could always find the net like they did tonight. Great saves by zach.

16. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    awesome

i was unable to even listen to the game as i had to do some stuff with a friend of the family... sounds great

hristo started... damn

hristo going like this is great news... let's pray he doesn't get injured and pray that wolff's was nothing too serious (maybe a slight aggravation of his all-star ailment)

17. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    no, not on Fox Sports Chicago

Sunday's game is the one on at 9pm, or after the Sox game.

18. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    anyone know anything about Josh's injury?

all I heard was that he immediately asked to come off.

anyone got anything?

19. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    That was by far the best game at Cardinal stadium. Great win, section 8 was great, and even the crowd was starting to sing and chant.

20. El Capitan

El Capitan New Member

Jan 13, 2000
    Libertyville, IL
    What's up with the attendance. We rarely had that at Soldier Field. Was there a special promotion/attendance event?

21. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    some kind of Naperville promotion for friends/neighbors of the stadium

22. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    It was worth watching. Great crowd, loud and colorful. Fire were incredible and probably would have beaten anyone badly tonight. I think it's safe to say Chicago has figured out how to play on their own field. You have to think the toughest places to play are CHI and SJ now, and it isn't even close.

KC didn't have anything to offer...a half step slow and no first touch. KC had the will, but except for Preki, nothing to back it up, looked dead in the second half, less skilled, unprepared for the smaller field, and generally like they need their own pillow and a week off.

23. ibasso

ibasso Member

May 26, 2001
    Chicago
    Josh's Injury

You'd a thunk someone died in the Fire locker room by Bradley's demeanor in the post game press conference...everyone was very somber about Wolff...nobody committed to any information...Razov thought that it might be his same ACL, but also said that he really didn't know...Kovalenko was hoping that it was just a "tweak"...ice high on the leg in the locker room - standing up and walking around though...

Despite being glad getting three points, there definetely was not a celebratory mood...

Ivaldo

24. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    aw, jeez. i come back all buzzed from a great game and have to read that. well, i still had the most fun i'd had at a game all season. what a blast. the team is finally starting to come together, we're making a lot more chances now.

if anyone saw me in section 8 (manU hat, team scarf and ultras scarf, jersey, tall kid) please feel free to say hi next time. i was a little dissapointed in the participation until towards the end of the game.

i dont really know what to say other than that, great game. though josh's knee is definetely a dark cloud over it.

...almost forgot...what a blast to heckle meola. that fatass got what he deserved with the red. hi-larious.