Gm #21: Dallas v Chicago - 10 August, 3:00 PM CDT [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by GoHawks4, Aug 3, 2002.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No seriously, YOU MORON, it was us making more noise. Are you insane, did you really think you made more noise than us? ESPN kisses your ass, they probably put more shots of that small section of Fire fans than the whole stadium of Burn fans. Just like Ty saying you controlled the game, please. We had less attendance because IT WAS RAINING, it poored all morning. I'm not gonna argue with you because it's a million to one :) unfortunetly for me. As for the hand ball, I believe my dad it prolly happened, but I'm sure he didn't mean to, you know Stoichkov dove on your free kick or it would have been 3-0, so I think the calls evened out even though that ref was a moron. I'm not trying to troll, I just can't stand when you think you made more noise than us like we're some kind of quiet bunch on the General Admission side, we had drums, we had chants, every time you tried a "C-H-I-C-A-G-O FIRE" chant we follwed up with "sucks", so come on don't lie to everyone, it's bad enough ESPN 2 does it.

2. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As for the game:

The score was a bit flattering to the Burn, but they took advantage of their opportunities and the Fire didn't.

On Stoitchkov's free kick: Frankly, it was mostly due to horrible positioning of the Burn defensive wall. From The Inferno, we had a pretty good view of the free kick and while there was some bend on the ball, it wasn't necessary, since there was about three feet of space between the left side of the wall and the goal post. Still, the old man put the ball where he needed to.

The ref sucked pretty mightily but for both teams. He missed a handball in the box, but he gave the Fire some pretty undeserved free kicks, including the one that Stoitchkov put in the net. He simply wasn't a good ref and was too inconsistent and out-of-position.

3. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your head cheerleader was interviewed by Paysee in the 60th minute holding the Brimstone Cup, and he was nice enough to give her a Dallas Burn shirt.
    There were no close-ups of the Fire Fans and the announcers didn't even mention it. Yet, you could still hear the Fire fans chanting. Your kiddieland group was non-exsistent except for the time the guy was interviewed.

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, before anyone interprets my statement as dogging the Fire fans, don't get me wrong. Props to them for coming down, and yeah, they did support their team pretty well.

Jambon put it best. The traveling Fire fans supported their team and spurred the rest of us into doing a better job than usual. But it's not like they were the only ones in the joint making any noise and it's not like they were doing it for 90 minutes either.

Those of you 1000 miles away can dispute that account, based solely on the tiny window that the TV provides for you, but it's not like you're going to convince those of us who were actually in the stadium.

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    well put El Jefe, thanx, I was about to go insane.

6. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Don't let anyone here hold you back.

7. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Uhhh ...........

(thinking)

(still thinking)

Damn. I give up.

8. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You should ask your dad if it's okay first.

9. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    i bet the guy who's idea it was to do that will go down in dallas burn history as a genious. because boy. that's a great idea. following a cheer with "sucks" just like highschool football!

10. Alex Sanz

Alex Sanz New Member

Apr 6, 2000
    TX
    alll you guys crack me up ...

11. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Very creative. Reminds me when we went up to Milwaukee and some of the little kids did that too.

12. Jay_Rob

Jay_Rob New Member

On the Deering's look-a- O'Brien handball...

At what time of the match did this happened???

13. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    Suarez did have two hands out on Stoitchkov's back on the foul, and lord knows we've been called for that a million times (see Graziani, Ariel), so turnabout is fair play. If a defender is hand-checking like that, it's sort of the attacking player's obligation to fall down (again, see Graziani, Ariel), because the defender winds up looking like he's got his hands in the cookie jar. Again, it happens to us all the time (did I mention Ariel Graziani?), and it's the exact same play that St. Silva didn't call against San Jose (which actually had nothing to do with Graziani!) a couple of weeks back, also on Stoitchkov, but with a LOT more contact.

Later,
    COZ

14. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    It must be so embarrassing to have your city on ESPN and have the fan atmosphere provided by fans for the other team 1000 miles away. Also embarrassing to have the ref get in perfect position and head the winning goal out of harm's way. But Dallas needed that defensive play on the part of the ref to win. That saved the winning goal.
    The ref should have worn a Burn jersey based on the game he called. OK, Dallas gets the win, but it sure looked like a rigged game. The announcers said that Deering should have been red carded AND the PK called. They should just amend the rulebook to say that the hand ball rule is suspended if you play Chicago. The refs have let 5 or 6 obvious goal-preventing hand balls go this year.
    Stoichkov was clearly fouled with the two handed push. The Burn should have gotten a yellow card for having the gall to argue such an obvious foul. I would have also carded Stoiichkov for exaggerating his fall. But it was still a foul.
    Just my opinions. The MLS is getting more and more like professional wrestling every day. Except the refs are better in pro wrestling.

15. I started tuning out the NBA when it started getting as predictable as the WWF. MLS is heading in the same direction with referees that are ignorant, impotent patsies.

16. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A Burn fan From New Jersey?

17. Burn20

Burn20 New Member

Jul 29, 2000
    NJ
    Of course, just because I'm from NJ, doesn't mean I can't root for the best team in the league!

18. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, are you guys serious about the ref heading the ball away? Can yuo post a clip?

Did anybody tape the game and is willing to mail it to me?

19. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The ref deflected it with his head. I find it very hard to believe that a ref would purposely do something like that. Nevertheless, I find the refing very frustrating and inconsistant.

10,500 Fans at the game. The TV made it look like 2000.

I thought the game was fairly evenly played. If we could finish the outcome wouldn't have been in question.

20. Burn20

Burn20 New Member

Jul 29, 2000
    NJ
    Is Graz still on our team? Or are you guys just so used to crying that you're going to cry about last year too?

And the only thing worse than old man Stiochy being a faking diver, is that he is a dirty fouler (see Suarez, Ryan; elbow to face) and then trying to kiss and make up. I wish Suarez had cold cocked him right on the field, but I guess it was better to stay in the game and beat your sorry a$$es instead.

21. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Years of out classing your opponents have taught Hristo how to defend himself against inferior players. Suarez was close enough to take a beating because he was fouling in the first place. If he's in a legal position Hristo can swing his elbows all day long and doesn't touch anyone. Get off his back if you don't want to get hurt.

22. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    Man, I am SO glad I didn't waste another hour and a half of my finite life in this world watching yet another MLS ref embarrass the sport of soccer and insult the intelligence of every soccer fan in America by wrecking yet another game with his idiocy.

You guys missed a very nice WUSA match. Must win situation, play-off contention drama, a few hot chicks - and no STUPID FUCKING PARK DISTRICT LEAGUE REJECT WITH A WHISTLE RUINING THE GAME.

23. dburn157

dburn157 New Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Well spoken Burn20. We're proud to have you on our side.

24. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? Bandwaggon ************s.

25. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    Graz being on your team isn't the issue, and I apologize if I made it look that way. He's just the best example of taking that particular dive. CJ Brown got victimized by that a lot, and one game against the Burn stands out in my mind.

Yeah, the Stoitchkov elbow was pretty vicious. No argument there. I wouldn't be surprised to see midweek disciplinary action on that play. And I guess he's got to be on your team in order to find the post-altercation hugging so hilarious.

Later,
    COZ