Gm #20: Chicago v DC United - 31 July, 7:30 PM CDT [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by GoHawks4, Jul 28, 2002.

1. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    man, dc fans are now more depressing that rev fans

SixKick repped this.
  2. quarterUltra

quarterUltra Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Stillwater, OK
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Naperville NIght

They are encouraging the neighborhood of Naperville to come to this match for like $3 off ticket if they can prove napervielle residency.

i.e. There will be more locals (maybe) at this match and their mayor, etc than usual.

I would strongly suggest nixing the Move YOur ASS wave chant. If you insist, let's use a word like butt instead. ???

Just a warning. If there was ever a time for the security and Fire FO to crack down on this one, it would be tomorrow night.

3. JTorres

JTorres New Member

Mar 2, 2000
    The Globe-Chicago
    Re: Naperville NIght

Guess that means that Gazza won't bring along any fake plastic breasts to show America how happy he is to be among us.

4. IJS

IJS Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Naperville
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Naperville NIght

Can I ask for a $3 refund, I already have season tickets !!

A Mayor at a Fire game. That would be one more time than Daley ever did (no don't correct me if I am wrong, at least not in this thread).

Actually I strongly suggest nixing the wave . But this is Naperville so it is "Move your Bottom, there's a good chap".

5. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI
    DC United will be doing a webcast of the game in English http://www.dcunited.com

Click on LIVE WEB CAST box on right of home page

K

6. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Just wait until after the match. Then you'll see the true depths of our depression. Alas ...

:(

SixKick repped this.
  7. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Will Pope play forward again?

8. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Anyone going to Features before the game tonight? I'll be the one sitting at the bar in the hat and red/blue polo shirt. Stop by, introduce yourself and you might get a free beverage.

Zach

9. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Re: Re: Naperville NIght

He was at the Municipal game too. Stood with Section 8 for a brief period, no less.

Didn't like the Assh ole usage but had a sense of humor about it.

Zach from the Cheeselands: Is that offer of a drink redeemable come October? :D

10. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Just found out why it's not on TV...Comcast in DC felt that the Freedom-Beat game would be better programming. Ugh, that's depressing.

I'm not blaming the local programming, as, ala Wirtz, it's been MLS's philosophy to limit home TV broadcasts to boost attendance. I don't necessarily have a problem with that, but that's probably a whole other thread.

11. FFan

FFan New Member

Oct 27, 1999
    Naperville, IL
    Can I use my unused tickets from my 18 game plan for this game?

12. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Sure, why not! Sucks being a little under doesn't it? We can still get you one though, no one gots to know about it. When in the b-day, before or after the cup in 'boro?

Cheesehead Zach

13. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Before. Boton is going to be a solid week of perpetual drunkenness, rest assured. Even better if we're not in the final so I can do something stupid to a team like Metro or Dallas and not feel too guilty about it.

They won't be in the final though. We will. I guess.

Yeah, I'll take that beer. Better on a roadtrip than a Naperville AA meeting...I mean, Fire game.

14. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    W! E! R-T-Z! Billllll Wertz!

Is there anyway we can con DollaBill into buying El Burn? Ooh, that'd be sweet.

15. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Is there still tix people are trying to sell tonight? Otherwise I got to buy one at the stadium.

Cheesehead Zach

**I think that this is how I am going to sign my name in the Fire form so I don't get mixed up with Springfield boy.

16. IJS

IJS Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Naperville
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Isn't he in Mexico on a North American tour. Oh wrong Pope (the Cathelic wife will kill me for that)

17. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    That Pope would probably still be more effective in putting the ball in the net than what DCU has now.

Cheesehead Zach

18. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    I wouldn't even wish that on Burn fans.

19. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Well, I don't know....it could be fun for a little bit.

I AM TASTING THE BEER ALREADY FOR TONIGHT. I hate sitting at work waiting for a game.

Cheesehead Zach

20. Yes, I still have plenty of extras. In front of Jimmy's beginning from 6:00 PM until 7:15 PM

21. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Thanks, I'll try to find you.

CH Zach

22. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    DC United vs Chicago Fire

Chat: Play by Play & During Match Discussion

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/digichat.php

Everyone should have access to that chatroom without regard to cards or membership type.

Webcast

Information and links from DCUnited.com

http://www.dcunited.com/index.cfm?section=main&cont_id=116150

Direct Links

Real Audio:
    http://idirector.mediaxtranet.net/okc2rmv101/v2/onstage/igni001/073102a_ts/073102a_ts_28k.ram

Windows Media Player:
    http://idirector.media.ibeam.com/netshow/v2/onstage/dcun001/072002a_ts_28k.asx

23. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i don't know about the others that can't make it... but my dial up doesn't like the BS chat and a web cast... aim is less of a load on it... so if anyone cares, i'll be on that

-jim

24. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    room name is "DCU at Fire"

IM me if you have any problems

25. dearprudence

dearprudence Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Chi-town
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone care to share the score etc for those of us here in the dark?! It has to be nearing the end of the match!!