Gm #20: Chicago v DC United - 31 July, 7:30 PM CDT [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by GoHawks4, Jul 28, 2002.

1. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm expecting 3.

2. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm eager to see the new kid on DC. As well as Orlando Perez tear up his old teammates. Hey, maybe Gazza will be in uniform...

3. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    something to celebrate, a night game!

I doubt Gazza will suit up but he should be with the team. who knows for sure though

4. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    The earliest Paul Gascoigne would play for DC is the 10 August match in DC. That isn't to say he might not travel with the team to Chicago. I don't know that.

5. I'm scheduled to bring people from as far away as Austria & Bangladesh. Well, my friend from Bangladesh lived in Liverpool for 5 years and is a US citizen & has been to FIRE games b4, but not this year.

6. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    no english radio or Chicago TV for this match. spanish and polish radio only.

not sure if this match is available on the MLS shootout package

7. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Be there unless you're dead or in jail, and if you're in jail, break out.

9. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And if you're dead, re-animate yourself for Wednesday night. I will be there!

10. boots15

boots15 New Member

Sep 19, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    I will be out of town, I really wish it was on MLS shootout, are we sure about it not being televised at all?

11. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't look like it unless there is a last minute change.

12. I have quite a few tickets for this game, either in Section 8, or in other sections behind goals. If anybody is interested, please contact me. I will be at the Jimmy's (?) bar (or right in front of it) on the NW corner of Washington and Chicago in Naperville at least 1.5 hours before the game. Obviously, the tickets are deeply discounted.

Marcin

13. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Walk the walk

I'll be in attendance again. And as I've done for the past 3 games, I'll be bringing some friends.

I've exposed friends from work and from my neighborhood to MLS. So far, I have gotten three of them who want to come back. They all love the spirit and level of passion.

As for Section 8, we really need to come out in force. Firstly, it's a night game! Secondly, even though we were well received by the media for the MetroStars game, I think we've done better in previous matches. Let's see if we can reach that same level of spirit we had for the Morelia game. Except this time WE'LL be the home team.

Let's GO FIRE!!!!!!

14. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    man, I need to re-think the practice schedule I set out for my high school team for next summer.

This will be the 3rd Wednesday game this month that I could have gone too but I'll be missing.

And this one has discounted tickets to boot! :)

15. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Walk the walk

We don't need to hear about this sort of thing here, eh? :)

16. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    How deep?

I need 2 maybe 4.

My cell is 773-406-6445. I'll meet you at Jimmy's. I'll be taking the train, probably the 5:22.

17. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    Me too how deep? In a bit of a financial pinch at the moment but for cheapo ticks can make the run into town.

PM or call cell at 563-580-0907

18. Also, don't forget that I have the new design Fire Ultras scarves for sale at games. If I make any money on these, it will be spent towards stuff for nice Section 8 presentations at the end of the season (baloons, streamers, etc.). In fact, I already have baloons at home; they are just waiting for that nice cooler Saturday evening game night.

19. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    where exactly are these scarves for sale at?

20. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Re: Re: Walk the walk

You're right, my bad. I'll keep it cleaner on a go forward basis. I forgot this is a family-friendly message board.

Adios,
    See you guys in Secion 8!!

21. In front of Jimmy's before the game (see the directions above) or in Section 8 during the game. I am a guy with really fair hair (and people don't believe me that it is natural and it is) that leads the cheers sometimes.

22. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    What he's really trying to say is that he's the bleach-blonde guy with the ultra scarve.

23. John Steed

John Steed New Member

Jul 3, 2002
    Indianapolis
    The only game listed on the Shootout package for July 31 is the Crew at Metrostars.

Whoopee........

24. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    in case others can't make it like myself, there is a radio webcast through the dc website

25. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    Kansas City at Dallas is also on the Shootout package..

Absolutely no TV coverage of this game..

English language webcast available on dcunited.com

As for the game itself, this should be an easy 3 points for Chicago as much as I hate to say it..

United is in a ridiculous scoring slump and have zero confidence at the moment.. When they go down by a goal, the game most assuredly will be over..

Avert your eyes if don't want to cringe when you see the proposed starting 11 against Chicago..

------------------- Rimando ---------------------

Namoff ------ Prideaux ----- Nelsen --- McKinley

Alegria ------ Williams ------ Etch ------- Convey

------------- Lassiter----- Quintanilla ------------

Reyes, Quaranta, Villegas all out due to injury..

Only saving grace for United is that Pope is near full fitness and Ben Olsen should see about 30 minutes of action..

Chicago 4 (Wolff 2, Razov 2)

United 0 (again - extending scoreless streak to now ridiculous 421 minutes)