Global Development Partners/East Village Stadium

Discussion in 'Oklahoma' started by USRufnex, Dec 21, 2005.

1. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    From TulsaNow:
    Out of state developers are working hard to place a ‘Major-League Soccer’ (‘MLS’) stadium in Downtown Tulsa’s East Village, the 115-acre, Downtown tract within 7th St., I244, Detroit and Highway 75. The developer also plans a 40-acre development of homes and stores nearby.

And here they are:
    http://www.globalepartners.com/affiliates.php

The same group developing the DC and Milwaukee stadiums...
    http://www.milwaukeeprosoccer.com/news.asp?id=20

Global Equity Partners is in the early stages of development in the following markets:
    Washington, DC
    Tulsa, OK
    North Carolina
    Milwaukee, WI

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are also assisting RSL with their stadium plans.

3. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rock on!!! :D

North Carolina??? :confused:

4. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My Google search offered no clear proof, but here's what I think the North Caroline bit is about. GDP has a healthcare subsidiary. There is a North Carolina World Trade Association, and GDP has someone on their board.

Here's my guess...this isn't about stadium developement, as is the Tulsa and Milwaukee efforts for soccer, or the Richmond for baseball. It's about healthcare research property development in the Research Triangle area of North Carolina.

There's some serious oil money associated with Global Deveopment Partners, from Kuwait.

I'm just praying that their efforts in DC pay off, since they own my DC United and we really do need that new stadium.

If they can make a buck developing MLS stadiums in Tulsa and Milwaukee, more power to them.

They are apparently in a bit of a pickle in their Richmond baseball proposal, due to the proposed development's encroachment on an historic slave trading location.

Just amazing what one can learn from Google.

Oh, and here's what the RSL proposals look like. Of course, my guess is that Tulsa doesn't have the mountains, but you can dream about the stadium and attached hotel:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    Fat lady in Tulsa sings... "take me out to the ballgame"

Global ain't building an MLS stadium in this new proposal...

http://www.globaldevelopmentpartners.com/EastEnd.html

http://www.globaldevelopmentpartners.com/Flyers/east_end_property_brochure.pdf

The double-A minor league Drillers OWE the soccer people in Tulsa a big-azzz... THANK YOU... "hey, lookie what dropped into our lap"... a new baseball stadium...

(oh, and a big thanks to Peter Wilt for pointing out the new Global Equity Partners website)

6. olderandwiser

olderandwiser New Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Re: Fat lady in Tulsa sings... "take me out to the ballgame"

SO will GEP end up developing a retail/housing development in Milwaukee with a related soccer or basketball stadium!?

7. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    Guess you can try to find the answer to that in the Milwaukee thread... the Tulsa deal appears to have been sidetracked months ago... the brochure link is actually from back in May... so I wonder if Tulsa just didn't have the kind of BIG BUCKS the league was looking for in a strong ownership group???

Who knows.

8. midwestsurfer

midwestsurfer New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Honolulu~Tulsa
    Asking around it does sound like they dropped the idea of a soccer stadium a long time ago. Although why they are proceeding with a baseball stadium is unknown to me.

Can't use it for more than just baseball, and the city still has a good looking baseball stadium.

From what I hear people aren't all to thrilled after seeing the new plans.