Glazer/United Continued Again

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by sarabella, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedBlueDevil

RedBlueDevil Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Your ability to communicate without expletives is impressive, canuck.

Personally, I'm not in debt. MUFC as a going concern was not fine before Glazer, unless mediocrity is all you aspire to. The club has been lapped off the field by Chelski. It has been lapped on the pitch by Chelski, Arsenal, and Liverpool.

2. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    You know this how exactly???? :confused:

I bought shares as soon as I was out of school and had money.....What do you mean by someone smarter???? like an invetor ???? because this is not and never would be abig money making investment for a fan...

Please do they could use more idiots like you telling the world how great Landon and Freddy are....

Spoken like a true long term United lover...... :rolleyes:

3. RedBlueDevil

RedBlueDevil Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Dallas, Texas

4. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you have to ask yourself, what's more important: the possibility of success on the field with the looming threat of asset liquidation and eventual administration, or following a business model that has consistently been successful in both on-field results as well as financially?

5. listen_up_fergie

listen_up_fergie New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Montreal
    Your ignorance about the whole reason why fans are against the Glazer takeover is even more impressive.
    By the way, I'm not Canadian. :rolleyes:

Riiight...so being against Glazer is aspiring for mediocrity...sure, and Glazer is the second coming of the Messiah. :rolleyes:

6. McTide

McTide New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Pine Level Alabama
    When I saw the antics of the "fans" at OT, I was sickened. I thought I was watching Milwell or Leeds fans, because the behavior of the "fans" certainly more mirrored them than fans of MUFC. These antics do nothing to rid MUFC of the Glazers and only furhter those who assert the "anti-American" argument.

7. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's see, I'm employed, so that's strike one. I have been fairly busy over the past week, less so the previous month, though I was swamped the previous two months, so you're pretty much on strike two. No idea your definition of "social misfit", but I'm almost sure I get out more than you, and saw the new Star Wars movie about a week after it opened, so there's strike three.

Oh, but keep going with the personal insults now that I've refuted your "arguments". They hurt ever so much coming from someone so big and important as yourself. :rolleyes:

8. RedBlueDevil

RedBlueDevil Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Leverage is a fact of life in business-you may not agree with his business plan (assuming that any of us know what that is). You may disagree with the amount of debt he has burdened the club with (it worries me, as well). However, there is no excuse for violence, death threats, or any of the other embarassing behavior demonstrated yesterday in Manchester, or on these boards.

If you are afraid of a Leeds situation, note the differences. Leeds was a poorly run concern, with no brand recognition outside of England. Signing Park alone may sell 1,000,000 shirts. Opening the American market further may sell 5,000,000 long term, as well as other benefits to the bottom line.

9. listen_up_fergie

Mar 3, 2005
    Montreal
    While I would not condone any acts of violence against the Glazers, I think a protest was still warranted. Till now the Glazers have never experienced the fans' discontent first hand. Staging a protest right before their eyes is far more effective than sending hate mail, or having a protest broadcast on the BBC.

10. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, and you're learning. How joyous.

Who is excusing death threats or any other forms of violence? It's mostly been denounced in this forum at least.

The Manchester United brand name, however, is fairly saturated outside the US, whereas Leeds were making a push to increase revenue by increasing brand recognition in Asia. They had room for growth there. Signing Park may sell many shirts, though how many of them will be fakes is left to be seen. As for selling 5,000,000 Manchester United shirts in the US? The sport would have to increase its popularity tenfold to reach anything even remotely in that category. You'd be lucky to find 5 million people here who had heard of Manchester United to begin with.

But you're right, our situation is vastly different from Leeds'. Our debt is estimated to turn out around £650m--over six times the amount which sent Leeds spiralling.

11. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Just asking but how lucky is Motterman to be away when all the freaks are coming out this week...................... ;)

12. JB41504

JB41504 New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Detroit
    Um, underemployed means that, for example, you have an accounting degree but are working for minimum wage at fast food joint.

13. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have an engineering degree and I'm working... as an engineer. Oh well.

14. JB41504

JB41504 New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Detroit
    That's cool. I'm proud of you. I'm just pointing out that when he said you were underemployed he didn't mean "not busy". That's all buddy.

For what its worth I don't understand how I am considered a flamer on this board. You may not have liked or agreed with my other posts but my opinion and thoughts were the ones being flamed. And still are. I guess the regulars on this board do not like contrary opinions and do not respect them either.

In any event, I hope for your sake that Glazer will bring the club up to the high standards set by Aresenal and Chelsea over the last couple of years.

15. listen_up_fergie

Mar 3, 2005
    Montreal
    Glazer won't be the one doing it - in the end it'll be through the effort of the manager and the players. Considering that the transfer funds available to us are the same, if not less, than we've been accustomed to in previous years, Glazer doesn't have much influence on what happens on the pitch - unless he begins to interfere with that.

16. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he did. He implied I had nothing better to do than post here all day. *shrug*, Guess I'm just good at using the free time I get.

The problem is that your opinions insinuated that the sole reason for any anti-Gl*zer attitudes was because he is American. It just doesn't have much to do with that. You then proceeded to say that the debt was his, not the club's, which again is wrong. You're free to post your opinion, assuming you have facts to base it off of.

I'm sure every single person on this forum feels that way too. I hope we keep winning trophies (after our massive one season without one) and that Gl*zer knows of some way to pay off this debt. It's just very difficult to be optimistic if you've looked into this from an economic viewpoint.

17. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hah! He hasn't even been gone a week and this place feels like its going to hell. Sara is probably stoned out of her mind about now (;)) and Rick may or may not be with Gus...

18. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I'm no man u fan infact i hate you but....... i hate to see this happening to you club its just plain wrong. people like charlton going against everything he believes in just so he can still have his voice on the board. nothing good can come of this. it will just show to other people that the fa (bunch of usless pointless people) and uefa will do nothing to oppose people whos only interest is money.

The whole affair should have never happened. its just wrong on all levels

FIGHT THE POWER!

also doesn't avi glazer look like the love child of bobby charlton and glazer?

19. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lets clear up some things...

1. We as United fans are against Glazer's purchase of the club, that much is pretty clear, but I will reiterate it for those who missed it.

2. We are against it, not because he is American, but rather, because when he purchased the club, we went from being the richest club in the world, bar Chelsea and StateOwned/Sponsored Real Madrid, to being the poorest club in the world.

3. Prior to Glazer, profits would go to Shareholders, the more money they got, the more the board would feel comfortable with spending on transfers and upgrades that the team needed. Now, annual profits go to pay of interest on the debt and a small chunk of money would likely also go to paying off the debt itself. Worse, if we had a bad year in the past, the shareholders got less money, now a bad year means we slip further into debt.

4. By transfering the debt over to United Glazer is taking no risk - if we fail, we fail... he'll be fine regardless, sure he looks better if we win some trophies - but what happened to Tampa after they won the superbowl?

5. In Summary... ITS THE DEBT STUPID!

20. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No wonder you have so much time to post! ;) :D

(I'm a PE here in Texas and Florida BTW!)

21. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Secret's out. ;)

Yeah I should get away from the computer while stuff is running in the background, but... meh. :p

22. JB41504

JB41504 New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Detroit

The problem with your thought is that I'm sure Glazer has personally guaranteed at least a large portion of the debt. SO for you to assume that he has no personal stake in it is ridiculous.

23. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Love the honesty...... :D

And its good to see others who get the point after some of the lunacy being posted here.....

24. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

You are an idiot go away now!!!!!!! :mad:

It is well documented that he is able and willing to put all the debt on the clubs books.........

Please go study up on this before posting..... :mad:

25. Ronaldo07

Ronaldo07 New Member

Mar 2, 2005
    looks like they went from manchester to portugal to meet sir alex and carlos..

Link

gill best to have been there to tie up the ronaldo deal..