Glazer Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United News' started by BWMcTell, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Alfiesdodgyknee

Alfiesdodgyknee New Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Glazer's Pocket
    The reason we hate glazer is because
    1)he don't give a shit about the club
    and he plunged the richest club in the world into millions and millions of debt -end of

2. holytoledo

holytoledo New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    get out of his pocket then.
    :)

3. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From The Sunday World

I'm not scared, I'm sure he has a "business plan" to deal with this. :rolleyes:

4. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ahhhh 600m in debt and counting ! No big deal ! :rolleyes:

5. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure he has a plan to get us out of the debt. Now, if only he can communicate it properly to his spawn while being spoonfed cream of wheat by a nurse...

6. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the MEN:

It's ok everybody, just continue to ignore all of this... :rolleyes:

7. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    20%??? You have got to be kidding me... :mad: :mad: :mad:

8. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ******** you Glazer! You have destroyed the club you fat leprecaun.

9. holytoledo

holytoledo New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    that is even worse then my credit card interest rate. off with his head.:mad:

10. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    If that is true it's good news - at least a hell of a lot better than it was. If they can fold both loans into a 500 million pound loan at 6% - 30 million a year interest repayments - then that's a big improvement.

Two things worry me:

1) the club will have to succeed for the next 25 years without fail (though it probably has to do that as things stand anway)

2) to convince the banks to offer such a loan they may be doing everything they can currently to bolster Utd's current financial position. That could mean no new players for the moment and explain the silence which currently roars from OT.

But replacing the current horrendous loan conditions with the hedge funds at 20% interest with a more traditional 6%, 25 year mortgage is a big improvement on our present situation.

If they succeed it would bring a huge sigh of relief from me. 30 million interest is probably less than what a 750 miilion pound PLC would normally pay out in dividends.

11. PacMan

PacMan Member

May 18, 2004
    I've constantly heard ManU was one of the best managed "financially" clubs in the world before Glazer took ownership.How did ManU get into such debt,i thought they were the richest club amongst the G14.

12. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

Glazer borrowed money to finance the purchase.. Once he took control of the club he placed all the debt on the clubs books..

:mad: :mad:

********ing twat he is....

13. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    http://www.joinmust.org/thefacts/theirdebt.php

The Glazer Family paid a total of £921 million to buy United.They borrowed at least £650 million* of that sum, some at 20% compound interest. The terms of the debt, which has now been shifted onto the club, means that if it is not paid off it increases to £938 million within 5 years. That means the debt is growing at more than £300,000 per day.*

:( :( :( :( ******** me that makes me sad everytime i see that

14. MtP07

Jan 3, 2005
  15. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

16. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Looks like the MEC is back :D

17. MtP07

Jan 3, 2005
    We'll get them sooner or later...

18. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    I read that Guardian article about Glazer. Umm... What is the big deal? MUFC has some of the best players in the world and they won last year's FA Cup and finished second behind the ridiculous Chelski -- whose multi-billionaire financed roster is impossible to defeat. The Glazers don't seem to have hurt MUFC a bit, so why all the anger? Why are people trying to murder them because they bought MUFC? Is it only because they are American? It boggles the mind.

19. holytoledo

holytoledo New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    We won the League Cup, not the FA Cup, quite a difference there. It's maybe easier for some of us to take then others but the Glazer's are **********. Plain and simple. Here to make a profit and thats it. If United win trophies, then great, that will net them some more cash but their bottom line is always the dollar. The thought of a leeds scenario happening is very scary and very real. The debt will hang over this club until it is paid, and that could be a fairly lengthy time.
    I'm sure the fact that they are American has something to do with it, but I'm American and I still hate them.

I'm sure NM will have something to add to this as well. :D :D

20. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

Yep we hate Americans.. Those bastards are trying to take over the world... First it was the god fearing nation of Afghanistan.. Then it was the peace loving nation of Iraq.. Next it was Manchester United.. When is it enough for you people???

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

21. MtP07

Jan 3, 2005
  22. holytoledo

holytoledo New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    ROFL. I hope Uncle Glazer is liking his applesauce. :D

23. WorldCup_Fanatic

Oct 30, 2006
    I heart MtP07.

24. Leedarby610

Leedarby610 New Member

May 13, 2005
    South Florida
    Apparently....

GLAZER'S TRASH THEIR RENTAL...(from Palm Beach Post 1/24)
    He allegedly found the property so trashed it looked like a rock band had lived there. Only there was no band. The tenants: the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers VP Joel Glazer and his model-material wife, Angela.

The couple lived at the North County Road manse for just six weeks. Some of the damages, according to homeowner Guy Henderson's spokesman, include large gashes and holes drilled in floors and walls because the Glazers installed a giant safe — which they took with them when they left.

It cost Henderson, who once co-owned a Wall Street firm, nearly $100,000 to fix the home and two weeks to clean it. To add insult to expense, the Glazers supposedly left without notifying anyone and haven't paid the remaining five months on the October-through-March rental. Henderson thinks they disappeared in mid-November.

"Mr. Henderson still has a hard time believing the extent of the damage done in such a short period of time," said Mike Powers, Henderson's spokesman. "At first, he didn't want to rent the place out. He's upset he let himself be talked into it."

Through his lawyer, Justus Reid, Henderson is now suing the Glazers in a Palm Beach County court. He wants the $300,000 back rent plus damages. Those also included: the removal and improper storage of 14 rare Oriental rugs and wall-to-wall carpeting; breaking of every window screen on the first floor; permanent opening of windows for two weeks at a time during the rainy season; removal of $30,000, 14-foot draperies and storage in cardboard boxes; drilling of holes throughout the home for DIRECTV installation; removal of landscaping; and repainting of walls in colors that didn't match.

Joel Glazer didn't return calls for comment. But records show he and Angela sold their home on North Lake Way for $12.9 million at the time they moved into Henderson's place. They're now renting a more modest 4,000-square-foot house on Gulfstream Road.

"It's disturbing," said that home's owner, Nancy Davis.

Powers said Henderson received several complaints from Angela concerning air quality. She claimed there was mold throughout the house and dog hair in the rugs, even though Henderson spent $8,000 on sanitizing before the Glazers moved in.

"She complained a lot about the Henderson dog because she spotted it while touring the house," Powers said. "But we're talking about a 6-pound Maltese named Bling-Bling, and he's hypoallergenic."