Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    You are right. We should blame his "elite first step acceleration and turning".

yoanaidarov repped this.
  2. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Feel sorry for Bale. BUT this team always played better without him. that's a fact.

kime777 repped this.
  3. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, fck us. Fck us for getting pissed that the 100M player on the 2nd highest wages in the team misses 60+ % of the season and gets injured doing nothing.

We're just fickle fans, we should instead appreciate how Bale returns from injury and slots into the team out of form & fitness while in-form players like Asensio and Isco get the bench.
    It's just tough luck,it's definitely not a pattern that he gets injured more often than the rest of the squad combined.

Oh and we should love how we're married to the 4-3-3 because of a player that's at full fitness for literally 10-20 % of the season. Even tho players like Kroos have come out and said that he prefers the 4-4-2 and it's more balanced. And fck our 7 quality middlefielders for wanting the 4-4-2.

surgeon, yoanaidarov, Halycon and 2 others repped this.
  4. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Fckin hater! Love Trumps hate!

Animo Bale!

5. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid

You know that (a) I also get pissed at all of these things; and (b) literally none of them are the player's fault, right?

Like I'm sure he doesn't want to be injured and finds it infinitely frustrating?

I get wanting him sold (I do too), I just don't get the venom toward the player himself.

rrrrrafik, S1na, Shay Z and 4 others repped this.
  6. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Go to the Cr7 thread and take a look at the shit people were throwing at a club legend when he went through a "rough" patch.

What is being spewed at Bale right now is nothing in all honesty.

yoanaidarov and Arcticmandaly repped this.
  7. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    a) He once went begging to Florentino to tell Carlo not to play him "out of position" which is childish,spoiled and he places himself before then team
    b) He pressured Zidane into starting him vs Barcelona when he clearly wasn't fit and he cost us a valuable sub that game after like 30 mins at most. Zidane said after the game that Bale told him he was 100 % ready to play
    c) He's using his name instead of actions to carry the weight. Isco and Asensio were in-form and playing amazing so many times yet Bale got to start over them. Even tho he was terribly unfit and just back from injury.

ahnaf, Arcticmandaly and Deep Pal repped this.
  8. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh man so sorry.

HZinho repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You take yourself way too serious.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You're acting like a baby.

11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Huh wut? No one pressured anyone. Bale said he was ready, but the final decision was down to Zidane and only Zidane. To blame Bale for that is ridiculous.

S1na, Eddie, Shay Z and 4 others repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He should have told him that we almost gave up on a starting lineup midfield player because of Carlo while he's at it.

That's what players do. Diego Costa told Atletico he was ready to play after going to see a "miracle worker". There's countless examples of players saying "A OK" doc and being completely out of it.

13. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    James starting during Benitez time, Bale starting in this Clasico - both the things were on the coaches only ??

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even if you take the blame away from there, it just shows that they were chumps for being pushovers despite being respected football experts, while a rookie gets on the job and brings on Asensio instead of James and doesn't even care.

15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    For someone who has gotten Ronaldo to rest more than he ever has, benched James and made massive decisions throughout his 1.5 years here, yes, I can comfortably say that there is 0 outside influence on Zidane.

libertao and Eddie repped this.
  16. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Not when it comes to Bale or Benzema. James never got the kind of protection/ cover that a Bale or a Benzema has got over the years.

ahnaf and robnycus repped this.
  17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    So we pick and choose based on what your opinion of the player? If you like him, Zidane benched him. If you don't, he forced his way into the lineup. That's nonsense. If he has that much influence to get Ronaldo to sit, he pretty much can do what he pleases.

AriGold and libertao repped this.
  18. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Didn't people say that orders came from the top for James to start in the Clasico under Benitez?

I can comfortably say that Bale/Benz starting is solely due to Zidane, no other influencers at all.

19. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    While Bale is acting like a rust bucket from local junk yard instead like premium sports in which RM invested heavily.

Either he finds his mojo - at least in terms of staying healthy through out the season, or he finds nearest 747 back to England. Is that fair enough?

20. jgun07

jgun07 Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Illadelph
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You're starting to remind me of demogorgon or whatever his name was....

I get that people are frustrated with Bale, his availability, and his performances the past year when he has been available, but shit I'm pretty sure the dude isn't doing it all on purpose.

I think he has to go, although I still highly highly doubt it will be this year. People mention the pressure that would be put on Mbappe if he comes, but I gotta be honest, I think there's more pressure on Bale every time he steps on the pitch for us, and quite frankly it seems to have taken its toll.

It's definitely time to move on, unfortunately it's probably not going to happen this year, so the BEST we can hope for is that Bale finds some form, plays well enough when he is available that we can move him somewhere next year for a decent fee. I don't understand the need for everyone to keep beating this dead horse. I don't think there is a big difference in what people think about the situation, fit, and results of Bale at Madrid at this point, it's just a matter of perspective as to WHY those things are the way they are, and for me, it's hard to blame all of that on Bale.

Shay Z and 9Qui repped this.
  21. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You'd be surprised at how wrong you are.

22. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MARCA reporting Bale will still be able to play tomorrow.

No worries.

trts and Anon. repped this.
  23. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I for one am not frustrated with Gareth's performances, about the right level that I thought they'd be at during his time at Madrid, barring injury, he's doing the best he can, with the skills he has and I'm sure he does not want to be injured, that does not make any sense

Zidane05 repped this.
  24. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

25. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Is that a compliment? I mean, lolz. o_O

Secondly, who said anything about Bale doing it on purpose? What is observable is frustration from posters / fans of RM, including me. The latter is completely justifiable considering that we are not talking about fringe player, but a player who was presented as CR7 successor and was / is payed massively for services which he does not provide.

As i said, either produce services for which you are fantastically payed or simply leave. I am not willing to spend another season "chasing" Bale nor Benzema at that matter, especially not at the expense of players who unlike those two have been performing through out the season. Mainly Isco and Asensio.