Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadridistaElComanche

Sep 17, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He's all in Real and wants to have his best season now... I like it. Give this guy another shot.

Get Mbappe and we're set ;)

Excape Goat repped this.
  2. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Has he not been all in before? There's a sudden sense of optimism about Bale that I'm not buying. What has changed, his body is the exact same fragile glass as last year. The funniest part is when people post an image of his legs while shooting and go "omg look how ripped - clearly CR7 level fitness."

If giving him another shot means dumping Isco back on the bench that is completely unfair. Isco earned his position in this team while Bale has simply been anointed by Flo/Zidane.

Kroosinator, kime777 and MaxY repped this.
  3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For me this is the most interesting thing about the new season that I am looking forward to seeing what ZZ does, Isco wants to play ( has he signed that new contract as yet) it has been a sticking point,

he certainly deserves to play and IMO this team is a more balanced team when he plays with Kroos Modric and Casemiro, rather than BBC, and it's proven to be pretty effective, playing football most like to see from a team of our stature

lots of people talking about bringing in new exciting names ( understandable at this time) but this basic issue with quality players that we already have here has not been solved as yet as far as I am concerned, I wait with bated breath

4. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Just play Bale and Isco behind Ronaldo

5. MadridistaElComanche

Sep 17, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, Isco should start easily. Im just trying to be optimistic about him staying.

6. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Bale will play for FC Sanitas.

Tobias19 repped this.
  7. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    How easily?
    I think the preseason can determine that. He has to play very very well for Zidane to bench one of the BBC in the opening match of the season.

8. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lol

if he is fit after 2 months then Zidane headache will come back because Isco won't wait that long before starting he wants to leave in the winter.
    With Bale fit Isco will get benched, as simple as that.

9. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You know what's really F'ed up?

I was hardcore riding the hype train (my ass was glued to its seat) when we were about to purchase Gareth Bale. Reigning PFA player and young player of the year in the PREMIER LEAGUE. One of the top scorers for a top 4 English premier league team. The dude ripped the reigning Champions league winners (Inter Milan at that period) to shreds and sent Maicon into retirement.

...Yet people said 110 ME was too much! What. The. Actual. FUDGE!

Then they go and pay 180 ME for the french league player of the year and nobody bats an eyelid. . FFS!

Smh, this market is insane.

10. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rumours circulating that Bale to United is a real possibility, and then we can wrap up the Mbappe deal as we need the funds from the Bale transfer.

11. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    BS. we already have 100 from Morata, Danilo,James. pretty sure Flo can find another 50-60 without any problems.

Saeta Rubia and saadomar repped this.
  12. SymbolHazard

SymbolHazard Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Well JL Sanchez said we were monitoring Dembele as well, maybe the sales of those guys were for him. Would be a direct replacement for Bale as well

13. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Monitoring means looking. just like Flo looking others players, especially with sucha hugge potential. doubt Real will make a move.

14. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    José was actually talking about his injury problems, he said "I can't buy you because you can't walk".

sneakking, meringues, Doni and 4 others repped this.
  15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You should have been Berlusconi's lawyer.

RaMaaa, MaxY and 9Qui repped this.
  16. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think it's only about money - I think it's about roles. Both Bale/Benz can't be backups if Zidane is truly sticking to the 4-3-1-2 (which it looks like he's doing keeping 8 MF's). Zidane learned from James that if you're not going to use a player, get rid of him instead of creating drama throughout the year. And if you're going to get rid of one, get rid of the injury prone crock on €30M/year gross who can still fetch a €100M fee. We dont need to sell Bale to fund Mbappe, but it looks like Zidane thinks there's only room for one.

17. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sell him and focus on keeping Isco, playing Mbappe, making sure Asensio is getting enough minutes to keep developing. I know they aren't playing the same position but we know Zidane is flexible in his lineups and as attackers, getting rid of Bale gives all 3 more time to play and contribute.

I was a huge fan of Gareth but he really let us down this season. The El Clasico sub esp still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Digital, Kroosinator, S1na and 1 other person repped this.
  18. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Please let's cash in on Bale while the market is inflated...Isco/Asensio are just as good or better than him .

19. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Glass dragon breathing hot air again .

yoanaidarov, ahnaf and Kroosinator repped this.
  20. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    in one word: Embarrassing

Kroosinator and kime777 repped this.
  21. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He'd better get himself together and start attacking defenses. Can't be a passenger.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  22. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Puff the magic dragon.

23. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Again the proof how he lacks technical abilities.. i mean pretty muct every Barca players and Real doing better in tight spaces, 1 vs 1 o 2. and Bale just looks lost out there..

24. kime777

kime777 Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This guy being a starter is a disgrace.

Kroosinator, RaMaaa and yoanaidarov repped this.
  25. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    What worries me is that his agent came out and said he is not going anywhere on top of that there is no pressure from inside the club, zidane just said the other day that he is happy with the players that he has now and that he does not need anyone else.