Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That would be good if they could make that happen

madridista_hr repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rumor is we'll pay him his final contract year and cut him.

3. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    That’s pretty much the only way unfortunately. We messed up not selling him to China when we could. At this point, Just excise the tumor and move on.

Kroosinator, Aensensen, Chinky24 and 4 others repped this.
  4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Do we think that we can get another loan deal (half or more salary) next season? I don't think Tottenham will fall for it again.

5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I doubt that

6. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I dont think so, however, to be honest at this point, IF I had to pick one loan, I pick Hazard over Bale in a heartbeat! I take Bale here and Hazard out next season without hesitation.
    Of course, best for Madrid is, both gone!

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    From what i've heard, we would have ended up losing money on that one as well since not long after the organisation ended up being no more. Bale isn't even the main problem that summer, we had a 50 mil. offer for James and ended up freezing it up only to gift him to Everton out of fear of making Atleti better.

Which we eventually did with Llorente anyway. :D

Glide84, J-Mezzy, PigBenis and 1 other person repped this.
  8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Facts

9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    temesgen, PigBenis, lukita and 3 others repped this.
  10. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    How, we would have offloaded bale's wages. We never got any money for him, so I'm not sure it would have mattered from our perspective.

11. DoughB

DoughB Member

Real Madrid
    Oct 26, 2020
    I've changed my mind, if we go into the season with the same attack, we could use some of Bale's selfishness upfront. You've got LV & Rodry if he stinks the place up.

12. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    prediction - Bale comes back and has a decent season

MerlinRM, Baltor, PigBenis and 4 others repped this.
  13. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What squad number will he have?

14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If he is motivated and Ancelotti can put what he did past him, then yeah he will be productive.

For me Hazard is non-existent.

If PSG refuse to sell things will be dependent on our Brazilian kids growth during the season, Benzema continuing his form and Bale chipping in decently.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's good enough to contribute a decent amount if he wants to.

16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Belief in Gareth and that he can contribute, but none in Rafa, odd IMO, a human thing i imagine

Lyra and J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I'm not getting my hopes up

ahnaf, Digital and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Comparing apples and oranges. Bale doesn't want to leave and has no offers. Might as well keep him rather than pay his wages to play elsewhere. Afterall, Casemiro was our second top scorer last season. Rafa doesn't wanna renew and wanted to leave in 2019. Throwing a lot of money to keep an unmotivated player and commit high wages for 5 more years is totally different.

PigBenis, Shay Z, 2Magia2 and 1 other person repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Both have been on the downslope with one year remaining... one however still has value and would expect to be a starter and sign a five-year contract for huge wages. The other us just playing out his contract.

Shocker we would sell the first? Yeah no.

PigBenis, Shay Z, 4x4s and 1 other person repped this.
  20. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    Lyra, Baltor and Anon. repped this.
  21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #6021 Digital, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    Correct re apples and oranges as far as your response goes, as i'm not alluding to leaving offers, wages, if he wants to leave or stay, or any such thing, just the recent outlook that Rafa is no longer good enough for this club but many now believe the many times ineffective on the pitch before he left Gareth is, my point was solely about the quality of the player for this club

I won't even get into the "unmotivated player" comment as i know you are an ardent supporter of all things Madrid and follow just as much as i do (maybe more) and had a good look at Gareths' "motivation" to play for us (on high wages) before his stint back at Spurs, as i said, a human thing, no big thing, just making an observation

22. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bale was a player that wanted to leave who now has zero offers and is only motivated to milk every last euro out of his contract.

To avoid repeating that mistake it makes sense to sell Varane, even if Bale has a good season it would make little sense to hold on to Varane in the hopes he will have 1 good season 4 years from now.

23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    All the more reason for club not to renew players until 33-34 giving 5 year deals when they have fitness issues or motivation issues. Isco and Marcelo were given 5 year deals at their peak in 2017 and club got just one good season out of them after that.

It's understandable that they are cautious with doing the same for Varane who has 10 ME+ offer from Utd. Club got an experienced leader to replace Ramos in Alaba and has one of the best young defenders in the world right now in Militao to take Varane's starting role. Nacho is 3rd CB but could easily start for some big clubs. Got Mendy/Miguel at LB so covered there as well so to renew Varane with big offer to have a CB rotation of Alaba, Militao, Varane and Nacho would be a ridiculous luxury.

arcane, PigBenis, Doni and 3 others repped this.
  24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Well said.

25. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As far as i know the club was very comfortable to renew Rafa, the only problem was wages, so it was not about quality, fitness or motivation, Rafa wanted to leave as far as i know and now he has, so, i guess all good?, and moot point,

let's see how we get on as we move on, i have to state clearly though i am not in favour of changing both experienced CB's at the same time for an untested untried combo, partnerships take time, however i am hoping it all works out well and the transition is smooth.