Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No animosity here, one of my favourite players to watch for us when he was fit and on his game. We don't win 4 CLs without him and his historic goals along the way. Bale was absolutely worth his transfer fee.

Physically I don't think he has it anymore, he will need to adapt his game to more of an inside forward, but I'm not convinced Mourinho will realize that.

Bale is done here, worst comes to worse Madrid cover some wages for next season and he's loaned out again. I wouldn't expect a transfer fee.

Anon. and Bear Crotch repped this.
  2. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Seems like the right take. No one is blameless in this ordeal. I never understood the people who blamed the player for getting hurt as if it was his fault. But he and especially his agent also didn’t handle things optimally.

So long and thanks for the memories.

BjornH, RMSocrates, 2Magia2 and 2 others repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think the accurate reflection is that the club gave him the "you're our guy now" extension, but at the moment he coulnd't live up to it which was about 2 years after he got it, we pulled the status from him and he didn't understand it or know how to deal with it. Eventually he made several mistakes there, so if you're looking for where this went wrong, this is where it goes to hell in three crucial factors.

A. Lack of communication : He feels like he's untouchable, Benzema/Kroos/Ramos status, club thinks otherwise. He doesn't understand why he isn't, club thinks that should be obvious.
    B. Lack of self crisis management from his agent. Trying to get a player on the field by going at the guy who's making that decision is like trying to fit into pants 4 sizes too small. You'll eventually get to it, but by then you'll have destroyed any purpose of actually doing so. It will be a terrible fit.
    C. When Zidane publically wanted him gone today more than tomorrow, the China thing should have been signed even if he was the last human on earth.

The press found a feast with him and attacked attacked attacked a guy for having private interests, he doubled down to the point where it seemed like he didn't care about anything else when he's actually been tip top in his job. Always trained, always on time, etc.

J-Mezzy and Deep Pal repped this.
  4. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Bale injured till October.
    Same old same old.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His spot as perma crocked "star" has been more than adequately replaced in Madrid.

Deep Pal repped this.
  6. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    Jonathan Barnett, Bale’s Agent: “Real Madrid should kiss the ground that Bale walks on”
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Deep Pal, Lyra and yoanaidarov repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #5957 4x4s, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Yeah, pretty shocking stuff from somebody that says:

"He's probably the most successful footballer Britain has ever produced, and there's lots of things he still wants to do with his life, so we'll have to wait and see."

What the agent of a former player say doesn't bother me at all. A lot of players leave bitter, Ronaldo quickly found out that sending darts at the club will only harm his legacy in the big picture, better keep quiet and keep taking those pics with Florentino, you never know when you'll need him.

To be honest, i don't know when the last time was that i watched a Tottenham match, or even highlights of.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  8. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think it's safe to say that no player whoever wants to come to Madrid should get an agent who yaps as much as Bale's agent does. 99.99% of the time the guy sounds like a bumbling idiot. He's bitter that we don't kiss Bale's butt while his client only focuses on staying fit and playing for Wales rather than the ones who're making him rich for doing nothing.

He should just say thank you very much for the money and stfu.

Deep Pal and Lyra repped this.
  9. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let me get this straight. Up until 2 years ago I admired and supported this player through thick and thin because I felt he was a humble guy who kept his head down and worked hard for the club he loved.

Then his real nature got revealed. His interviews moaning all day about how we treat him and his agent's constant barbs about the club just had me sick of him. It's sad when James Rodriguez seems like a classier person (who was arguably treated worse than him) in comparison to the person who gets paid 600k euros a week for doing nada.

I would rather remember the 2014-2017 Gareth Bale. After that, the rest is forgettable and it's best he just shuts up and moves on. We found him a place to keep playing, and we're still paying him more money than anyone makes in our team. Show a little gratitude and move the hell on.

Nathanial Essex and Deep Pal repped this.
  10. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid

"The player who has impressed me the most is... Bale" - Zinedine Zidane praises Gareth Bale

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Deep Pal, BjornH and ImadEdd repped this.
  11. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I mean there was a period of years here where people complained that Bale was an untouchable starter with Benzema and Cristiano....

It's not like Zidane never liked the guy, dude just lost "it".

Anon., Deep Pal, Halycon and 1 other person repped this.
  12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Injuries and complacency did him in.

Deep Pal, BjornH, Saeta Rubia and 2 others repped this.
  13. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Lol. When was this interview?

Deep Pal repped this.
  14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    2012-13 when Bale was having his best season with Spurs. ZZ even watched him play vs Lyon at the stadium in Europa League and rumours that RM will sign him that summer strengthened after these comments. Remember ZZ was working in player recruitment side then after coming in as presidential adviser in 2009. Had already played a key role in signing Varane and it was reported that he called Isco when he was close to joining City in 2013.

Deep Pal repped this.
  15. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Thanks. Doesn't look like he's aged one bit

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    People are going to be surprised when he benches Benzema as well. Zidane seems practical.

It's just that so many don't appreciate the fact tjat Benzema isn't perfect but he's one of the best players in the world.

Only an idiot wouldn't rely on him with this roster.

Anon., Deep Pal, BjornH and 2 others repped this.
  17. BjornH

BjornH Member

AC Milan
    Norway
    Mar 25, 2019
    Norway
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Not many have a flying start in this season - it is special without a proper pre season.

Deep Pal repped this.
  18. BjornH

BjornH Member

AC Milan
    Norway
    Mar 25, 2019
    Norway
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    About Bale I think Marca is too hard on some Real players in the past especially if they are struggle with injuries.

19. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nah
    That will take something really special, or maybe in 2-3 years

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  20. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Modric should feel sad for everyone including himself because every single one of them gets that.

Zidane is the best manager in Madrid's history and he is mocked as if he is Vanderlei Luxemburgo.

Deep Pal repped this.
  22. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Cadena SER: Bale was the only Real Madrid player who refused to take a pay cut during the coronavirus lockdown when the rest of his teammates agreed to a 10% reduction and forfeit their bonuses.

23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Golfing isn't a cheap hobby

Whiteboard, Shay Z, Kroosinator and 3 others repped this.
  24. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Insensitive SOB

Whiteboard, RMrules and Deep Pal repped this.
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kroos refused to pay them as well and was publically bullied into doing so.

Ramos has been going aggressively t the government about all those wage cuts and measures and how they are somehow supposed to help in some way when the money isn't clearly being rovided to those in need.

Not saying that Bale is in the right, but if anything, Özil proved that this isn't a black/white issue.