Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    There are no fans to boo him. Stadium is as quiet as a golf course. No excuses. Still holding out a glimmer of hope that he'll turn up for the remaining 10 games somehow and help us win this title, would kind of ease the some of this pain.

2. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He isn’t gonna do sh*t, it’s best for him to ride the bench and not be involved

Prit Javier repped this.
  3. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That maybe true but he will play again, all things considered he’s been given more than a fair chance to showcase any remaining ability with the minutes he keeps being given which he doesn’t deserve.

Whilst players like Brahim Díaz who has looked very lively sit it out.

4. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Fair enough, but what has he done wrong? He always plays on the right wing and he simply does not have the ability to play there any more. All he does is turn back on his left foot and out in a cross. The club made the decision to extend his contract when he was obviously on the decline, thinking that a Premier League team will be stupid enough to make a major bid for him, and we've been trying to get him out since.

He's won all that needs to be won and scored significant goals doing so. He has no motivation to move on or prove himself to a club that has not been kind to him. As mentioned previously, he's to blame also but the club definitely should have managed the situation better.

Prit Javier and dooda repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

We extended his contract in 2016, and won two CL trophies after his extention. People have this mental image of us giving him a new contract after the Liverpool CL final, but the season after we extended his contract was his best one in a Real Madrid shirt in terms of scoring.

Also, maybe he did lobby for a transfer after the CL final, but as always, there's always the possibility that he would be bluffing and he had no intention to leave, and that upon seeing that Ronaldo has practically already left (since Ronaldo said he had agreed with Juve during the season break), he wouldn't have left anyway.

Prit Javier repped this.
  6. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
  7. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid hasn’t been kind to him!?

What in gods name are you talking about!? Nonsense!!!

8. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Its not about the site, Jorge Valdano was discussing him on Spanish TV, not sure if you get this in the states or asia?

10. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    Just give him for free to some english team or pay off his contract and release him.
    It is a disgrace that he is still playing for Real Madrid in 2020.

Prit Javier, hector_br and MaxY repped this.
  11. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Send this guy to China please.

RMrules repped this.
  12. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Gareth Bale against Mallorca made more recoveries -7- than Ramos,Mendy and Carvajal.

MiamiNative0722 and Eddie repped this.
  13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I kept saying in the match thread that he did well in defense. Offensively he just isn't clicking with the team.

Lyra, Hsain85 and Bear Crotch repped this.
  14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Certainly did not look like it

hector_br repped this.
  15. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Bale has more red cards than Ramos this season.

hector_br repped this.
  16. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Bale's case goes beyond any numbers. It's crystal clear how disconnected he is from the team/matches. Time to move on.

17. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    This shows how stupid statistics are sometimes.

Halycon repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He seems to be getting along with the players just fine, laughing and joking, but on the pitch it's a lost cause.

Prit Javier repped this.
  19. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Yeah, he seems like an OK dude, but I was talking about his on-pitch business.

20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    How many of those recoveries did he hand right back to Mallorca on his next touch or pass?

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  21. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    I kind of am curious to see how he would do up top in the middle and give Benz some rest. Maybe Vini or Hazard on the left and Asensio on the right? Physically Bale is strong enough to compete with any defence, maybe he would perform better there? Benzema needs rest too and I'd go with Bale over Mariano possibly in the middle of the attack.

22. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    There was a time where I was curious if we should try that.

Not anymore though. He's completely checked out from playing, and not just for this team.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Please no experimenting anymore. Either tolerate him for a year and terminate his contract or find a situation he can move into.

Contrary to popular belief, I think he's a decent person, but trying anything out right now is like me trying to hold on to my baseball jacket with the ripped up leather sleeves. It was awesome for a while, then it became my number 1, but at some point I looked at my self in the mirror wearing it to pick up groceries and said "man I have all these new jackets and I'm wearing this one right here with the dried up leather just out of habit" and I ended up throwing it away the same night.

Either tolerate him for a year and terminate the contract, or find him a new situation. Thanks for the good years and great moments, and wish we could forget about the past 2-3 years or so. Ideally he scores some kind of big goal that puts him in the headlines and lets him leave on a high note but yeah, that story has been told to its conclusion.

J-Mezzy and Prit Javier repped this.
  24. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    The problem is he don't want to leave no matter what even after Zidane insulted him to ******** off last year. The only thing we can do is not pick him on match day squads, it costs money but oh well. We gain nothing whenever he plays, in fact its almost like playing with 10 men.

25. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He pisses me off at times but I think the fans have no reason to be mean to him anymore. All cards are on the table, he's not interested in playing football and we have no use for him anymore. We made a mistake by extending his contract and now we have to deal with it. But none of that changes the fact that he has helped the club win the most important competitions there are, and for that he deserves respect.

If he was just a little bit more focused he could still be a decent player to have on the squad, but yeah, the dude has checked out mentally and in his mind, he has already retired.

The saddest part for me is his age, he's just 30 (31 in July)!

Lyra, J-Mezzy and Prit Javier repped this.