Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You can scratch off China as a retirement place for older players.
    If he moves, it will be to the US. My guess he'll fit right in with Beckham's new team.

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This is false.

Bale would have been sold to China.

FLORENTINO changed his mind after the atleti preseason match and forced him to stay on Zidane.

Hence why I continually speculate contract obligations are forcing Zidane to put him on teamsheets and give him certain amount of appearances.

This isn't speculation. It is fact.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    No, it has been the club.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, i can imagine, we told him "please, stay, please don't go".
    On one hand you guys call Bale's agent a tattletale and on the other hand his word is the gospel.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Stop twisting and turning.

Here is the full interview with Bale's agent where he states clearly Bale was going to leave for a lot of money and the club killed the deal.

You always try to paint a picture that it's Bale who refuses to leave but that has always been false.

It is Florentino continually making the error in forcing Bale upon us.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then it shouldn't be hard for him to move on this summer.

Prit Javier repped this.
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    It will be if our President keeps barring him from leaving.

8. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We dont want him but nobody wants to pay his salary and a fair transfer fee on top of that. I dont know if he wants to leave or not, but even if we get offers for him, at what point is it better to just have him as an option rather than pay someone else to have him.

I dont see him regaining his position here, but I also understand why the club has seen it makes no financial sense to sell him either.

9. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    China might have been the only move he thought of making.

He certainly vetoed moving to United. I get the impression he and his family are comfortable in Madrid.

10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He costs the club around €30M in wages per season. That is too expensive to be a below average, nonchalant, toothless in attack backup.

Besides "we" do what him. At least Florentino Perez does because he is the one who killed his transfer to China.

The rest of us included Zidane (well not 4x4s lol) do not want him and wanted him gone for a while.

Florentino decides and that is that.

Prit Javier repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Killed the *free* transfer to China after Asensio basically got an injury that left him out of the season.

The club figured it was better to pay Bale whatever wages he was earning than to have to pay a transfer fee plus the wages of a new player instead but you can go and make it a love affair between the president and a player instead of a practical solution.

Whatever we'd spend on a new player would be pretty much Bale's wages and we'd have to deal with what we're going to do with that guy once this season would have been over

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    So as stated before it is false to say Bale is forcing his will on the club, it is the club (Florentino) which forced Bale on us.

There is no need to justify this, it was a horrible mistake and we were better off going into the season without Bale and with the extra €30+ million in total wages then with Bale and without that cash.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In hindsight it would have been better to not get Hazard either. Better yet, better to not invest a single euro in the squad considering what going on now. But we're all incredible at predicting the future after it has occurred.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I thought Hazard's price was unreasonable, but I believed he could help make the difference. I can admit I was wrong.

We wasted €100M.

The Bale situation was obvious. The manager isn't a fan of the player anymore. The player has given a "******** you" to the club and fans. The only person who actually still sees any value in Bale is Florentino. Well and you lol.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hazard gave us less value at a higher cost. People act like Bale brings the club down financially but we paid Hazard Bale type wages and a record transfer fee for less than Bale type performance.

If there was one decision that was wrong. The hazard transfer was the one.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    We aren't comparing wrong decisions so why are you attempting to make that the subject?

What we are talking about is how it is false to say Bale forced his stay when the reality is that it was Florentino. It has always been Florentino with Bale.

Bale is a virus in Madrid's body which Florentino won't quarantine or vaccinate away.

He has no future value and is one of many bad decisions which the club made this past summer.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Holy shit that was terrible. :ROFLMAO:

18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I felt it was situation appropriate :D

19. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hazard was a bad decision because he got injured twice. He is historically not injury prone, and we definitely could've used him this season. If we go back to summer 2019, I would still think it's a good move, even if its 20/30 million too much.

Whiteboard and hala_madrid722 repped this.
  20. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is 100% correct

21. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    The fact that he and his camp accepted the China transfer shows exactly where this players mind is regarding his career. He could literally go to most big clubs if he was actually motivated to be a footballer. He happily chose China for the big wages and the semi retired lifestyle. And yet we somehow thought we could rely on this person.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We broke our transfer record for a player that doesn't move the needle at all. We just got him because he's what we could get in this market.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  23. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    You know I’ve been in agreement with you about hazard from the start but what does one bad decision have to do with the other.

And hazard still has the chance to come good. Bale is already an ex player.

Whiteboard and Lyra repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Keeping Bale is treated like a catastrophic mistake, but break it down and it's really no sweat. We sell Bale and most likely go after another player after Asensio's injury, whoch ends up costing the same for what possibly could seem like a new Faubert.

The golden opportunity for Bale to leave was when Manchester United was calling. His agent can talk about the "huge amount of money" he was being offered in China, but experts disagree, personally i doubt they even matched his current wages. Cash hasn't been flowing that way for many years there now. The CBA is much larger than the football League and even there, nobody is paying for former NBA players and undrafter guys the way they used to.

Nontheless, this season is hardly one to pull positives and negatives since it's likely it might finish with no winners and tons of losers (financially). People will lose their jobs. Nobody "won" this season.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    It was.

Anyways the original discussion was you deny Florentino made this mistake and he was the one who did.