Give the Gift of Personal Protection this Christmas

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Bill Archer, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't even actually have to *have* the gun - he just has to think you do. Most likely.

Pick one or two common ammunition sizes and stick with that for the armory. Pick a standard shotgun payload, too. (Of course, if you are a collector, then that doesn't really matter, but if you are in a pinch you don't want to have a functioning gun and no ammo for it, or a non-functioning gun with ammo for it. If the ammo works in both guns, you are better off.)

I have a million dollar umbrella, mostly because my land has a pond and I want to be covered if some stupid kid trespasses an manages to drown him or herself. And it is surprisingly cheap. Being prudent is cheap - and you don't want to be caught with your pants down.

2. spoonman

spoonman Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes indeed, if the robber is a German there would be no hesitation whatsoever to blow his brain out and leave him dying on the ground. You convinced me, i changed my mind, a full automatic handgun is the perfect gift for christmas.

I've got no idea what ootfrey oopsley means, but you're talking about een patatje oorlog. What's wrong with it? :confused:

3. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Only Americans of a certain age would get that joke. It's pig latin from an old TV commercial for a breakfast cereal.

What's wrong with it? Let's just say that you won't have to fight me for the last een patatje oorlog on the platter.

4. spoonman

spoonman Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It requires an educated taste

5. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love a convert. Sooner or later they all come around.

Today the Dutch, tomorrow the French. No more of this "Why of course, Monsieur le Bosch, have some wine and some nice pastries while we round up the Jews for you. Would you like to sleep with my wife later?"

Nothing personal, but this is a concept I've always had trouble with: "Well, that haggis may taste like fresh dog turds, but if you gag down a plate full every day for a month you'll learn to like it"

Um, OK, maybe so, but why would I do that?

6. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If only your grandparents had the same attitude...

7. spoonman

spoonman Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Maybe you should shut the fuck up

8. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, a (presumably) white European sticking up for themselves. You don't see that every day anymore...

9. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Anyone who gets frightened by that, remember that the Jews in the Warsaw ghetto, surrounded outgunned and hopeless, resisted the final Nazi assault for nearly a month. The entire country of Holland resisted the Nazis for six days.

10. spoonman

spoonman Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You were there by any change? idiot

I think i should ignore this thread, it's full of idiotic (presumably) rednecks talking big over the war and use it to insult a country.

Later dudes, you just keep on shooting each other with your christmas gifts.

11. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
  12. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    At least superdave has a thick skin

13. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    My kids have those nerf guns. We shoot each other all the time. Except I think they were birthday gifts.

14. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goes with his skull.

15. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And thus ever the mantra of a leftist:

a) If you were not actually in Warsaw in 1944 or Holland in 1940 then you cannot possibly know what happened.

b) You are stupid

c) You are an idiot

d) You are a redneck

e) Acting as if you have read an occaional book and thus know one or two things is "acting big"

f) Facts are irrlevant. Despite the fact that Warsaw held out for a month while starving to death, and the fact that the Dutch handed over the country in six days, it is historically incorrect to say so.

g) Please kill yourself.

And they say the fine art of debate is dead. Hah, says I.

16. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    To clarify Smiley's earlier remark, there were actually two Warsaw uprisings He referenced the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising of 1943 and I referenced the one a year later. Both doomed to fail from the start and brutally put down. Read the link about the 1944 one. In the end, Warsaw was demolished one building at a time.

In the words of the insurrectionists: It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

17. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    It's also more fun to annoy a condescending liberal than to dignify his puerile outbursts.

18. spoonman

spoonman Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    mm yes, but what is the debate anyway??

I just asked: "where you need a gun for anyway?" and "would you kill a burgler."

The answers vary from:

Which got nothing to do with the whole subject whatsoever

And then you guys come up with this:

(About shooting German robbers)
    and this
    I just lost interest in my original questions because if this is to be continued, god knows what the arguments are that might come up.

Im not interested in some pissing contest between holland and USA or how you guys think how foul Dutch people were in WW2.

19. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    No, 'foul' is a correct description of french fries with mayonnaise and peanut butter

'Pusillanimous' is a better word for the Dutch resistance to the Nazis in WW2

20. spoonman

spoonman Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How thick are you dude? You bring up the war and keep on talking about it to me. I'm not planning on discussion this with you at all because yoú seem to be just interested to hand out a few judgements about the Dutch anyway.

Good luck with your onesided discussion.

And what the hell does 'Pusillanimous' mean anyway.

21. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's German for "Hand over the Jews"

22. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Posts by spoonman since he showed us by saying he wouldn't post in this thread anymore: 2

Let's see how much higher it can go...

23. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    The Dutch have a few redeeming qualities. As my well traveled friends says, you have attractive prostitutes that are legal, regulated and only cost $50/ 1/2 hour.

You have a entertaining soccer team, and also RVN who is currentlly has me first place in my EPL fantasy team and in position to win the league again and some nice $$, although the season is early.

As witnessed by my trip to Boston to watch the USA vs/ Netherlands game a few years back, pretty attractive women.

The rest of it you can flush down the toilet...

24. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Don't forget they're union, too. What would they look like in the windows when they are all will be required to wear those way-cool scarves on their heads, I wonder?
    So as few years back, my project leader was taking two weeks off to marry some Dutch chick. He comes up to me to tell me all this and concludes by saying that "And those Dutch girls, they're all real tall." I answer "Yeah, that's so they can look over the dikes." He didn't get the joke.
    Considering most of the country is below sea level, look's like it already has been.

25. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I swear, as G*d is my witness, every damned time I read your sigs I laugh out loud.