Give the England job to Jose Mourinho when Fabio Capello quits, says Eriksson

Discussion in 'Scotland: News' started by BigSoccer Bot, Jul 30, 2011.

1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    Sven-Goran Eriksson believes Jose Mourinho should be considered for the England job when Fabio Capello leaves. Mourinho led Chelsea to two Premier League titles as well as an

More...

2. allthingssoccer

allthingssoccer New Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yes to Mourinho. But the idiots that rule the FA will stall and pick the wrong candidate. Should Capello have quit????????????????Yes. Resounding Yes>>>>.... How can you manage a locker room, when the boys upstairs intefere like this. John Terry guilty or not, should still be captain. His court trial is a week after the Euros conclude. Fire him then if he's found guilty. Just another complete f*%$ up by the FA. No wonder Engand isn't respected as it once was...... reply allthingssoccer.net message board

3. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    You dug up a 6 month old newsbot story? Really?

4. allthingssoccer

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sorry wa slooking for a thread about the Capello issue. New here didnt wanna piss u off, but it did garnish a reply

5. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    It didn't piss me off, just struck me as funny.

6. allthingssoccer

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well in that case I hope it made your day haaha!

7. Billybluenose

Billybluenose Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Jose would be nuts to take on the England job but if the FA want success they should offer him the job.

With the Special One in charge they could win the World Cup this year :D:D:D

8. Tom_Heywood

Tom_Heywood New Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I believe the man for the job is in fact one of your own. He is often in the press, liked by the media, and has the brass neck and thick skin to cope with the pressures. Yes, that man is Steve Kean.

I'm sure many of you would agree ;)

9. The Fourth Lion

Oct 14, 2013
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was scrolling around and came across this thread. It seems a little odd that nobody carried on with it when Fabio Capello resigned and the job was given to Roy Hodgson.

Now, Roy isn't everybody's cup of tea, but frankly, Harry Redknapp would have been a disaster and as for Jose Mourinho....... er.... thanks, but no thanks.

Roy Hodgson actually did a pretty good job with the Euros, considering he only had a few weeks to prepare and after the tournament (which we were eliminated from without losing a game, I might remind everybody), England rose to third in the FIFA rankings. Not bad.

He took the bull by the horns and dealt with the Rio Ferdinand / John Terry situation by getting rid of both of them. He was nearly pressured into bringing Rio back but luckily, Ferdinand took things out of the manager's hands by going off to do punditry for Al Jazeera or somebody like that. Nice one, Rio. Thanks and 'bye.

At last though, England now seem to have something not seen since the heady days of Terry Venables and Euro '96..... a happy dressing room and a squad of players who seem to actually like each other. Even Wayne Rooney is trying something new.... how to become liked by working hard for England. I suppose it's much easier for him to make the effort though, now that he hasn't got Sralex in his face, jabbing a finger into his chest and reminding him just who pays his wages before grudgingly releasing him for England duty.

Of course, there isn't the remotest possible hope that England can actually win the world cup, but I reckon we would once again settle for a 'respectable' quarter final place (if we get that far). I reckon a lot of countries would settle for that. For now though, Roy, just keep calm and carry on. You're doing fine.

10. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    This wasn't ever really a thread. We used to have bots that posted news stories, and a spammer replied to it. All your points aside, you'll probably find more discussion in the England section.

11. The Fourth Lion

Oct 14, 2013
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Thanks for the tip about spammers. I guess that is just one of the perils of online discussion that we have to put up with.

I have not long been a member of the site and was simply scanning around, looking for things to chip in on and came across this. Funnily enough, there doesn't seem to be much of interest in the England section.

It is one of those peculiarities of the English football supportership, that the vast majority of fans who follow England with passion are not those of the major clubs. Look at the place names on the flags draped around international stadiums when England play. You will most like see the names of Milton Keynes Dons, Torquay United or Luton Town. Very seldom will you see Arsenal, Liverpool or Manchester United <spits>. The fans of those clubs are more dedicated to their club sides and overwhelmingly see England duty as a distraction they wish their players didn't have. For them, they would rather their club won the Champions League than England win a Euro or World championship.

You won't find many Rags (Manchester United fans), Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool supporters in Rio next summer. Those out there supporting England will have come from Portsmouth or Swindon or some such place.

So, it appears to me that when it comes to a discussion forum such as this, which would probably be most patronised by fans of the larger clubs, there is more or less antipathy towards England. Sure, some old fashioned so-and-so's like myself, who care deeply about my countries team, and who stray onto here from time to time, but in the main, England don't figure largely in the thinking of fans of the big clubs.

It's a shame, really.

12. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
  13. The Fourth Lion

Oct 14, 2013
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, I'd found that too. Spookily, it was one of the first places I looked but it's as dead as my neighbour's cat, that had a habit of sleeping under cars. But thanks for the tip anyway.