NSR: Give me your rested, your rich, privileged White Colombians yearning to post in soccer forums...

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by dapip, Oct 18, 2018.

?

My parents/grandparents/great great great grandparents arrived:

1. They were here when Columbus got lost and hit America

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. They arrived in the Mayflower

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. They came shackled and got to work in plantations at the sound of a whip

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. They arrived through Ellis Island between 1830 and 1950

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. They came here as a result of _______________ crisis

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  6. I'm the first one to move here from my country.

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wow I’m way more worried about right wing nationalist then Muslims. You ever hear of freedom of religion?

pepinointer and dapip repped this.
  2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Thank you for sharing your worries.
    I think they both can be threats. (Mores so supremacists than just nationalists) But in very different ways. And both can have evil interpretations just like anything.
    We can discuss this after the Sub20.

3. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I know this will fall mostly on deaf ears, but there it is...

http://time.com/5555845/white-supremacy-isis-threat-west/

Following the March 15 attacks in Christchurch, a reporter asked Donald Trump if he saw white nationalism as a rising threat around the world. He responded: “I don’t really. I think it’s a small group of people that have very, very serious problems.”

It’s a stark denial. It’s one that brings to mind the warning that the U.K.’s top anti-terror policeman in the UK issued this week: “The reality is that every terrorist we have dealt with has sought inspiration from the propaganda of others, and when they can’t find it on Facebook, YouTube, Telegram or Twitter they only have to turn on the TV, read the paper or go to one of a myriad of mainstream media websites struggling to compete with those platforms.” This problem is much larger than many of us want to admit.

And ironically, it may well be white supremacy that is the larger problem for us in the West. Last week, New Zealand suffered its own version of London’s July 7 bombings, or even—given New Zealand’s tiny population size—an attack closer to 9/11 in the United States. But for all its repugnant evil, ISIS-style extremism cannot hope to destroy the integrity of Western societies.

After all, ISIS style-extremism appeals to a tiny minority of a tiny minority within Western societies. Even where it has proportionately more appeal, within Muslim majority communities, the attraction is minuscule. Moreover, there is no country in the world where we can imagine that an ISIS-style entity could conceivably emerge again, given that its neighbours and the world would immediately gather to crush it.

When it comes to white supremacy, and the wider universe of white nationalism that it draws from, none of that is the case. Sympathy for either white supremacy or white nationalism is far greater in our Western societies than any kind of ideology sympathetic to ISIS. Indeed, I would argue that even when we compare to the lure that ISIS-style ideology has in Muslim majority societies, we may even have more of a problem proportionally with white white supremacy. But we still do not call out white nationalism and white supremacism commensurate to the threats they pose.

Compare this to how we examine sectarianism in the Arab world. Sectarianism against Muslims of different sects, and non-Muslim faith communities like Christians or Yazidis, has claimed the lives of many. We regularly — and correctly — identify that sectarian discourse inhabits certain parts of the far-right portions of the Islamist universe, and thus the impact it has.

But when it comes to white supremacy, are we so clear and direct about the threat? Or do we minimize it?

Take, for example, how, the Daily Mirror in the U.K. described the Christchurch suspect as an “angelic boy” who then grew into a terrorist. Or how the Daily Mail in Australia described him as a “bullied school boy” who then became a mass murderer—saying he was ‘badly picked on as a child because he was chubby.” Would any reputable media outlet ever refer to an ISIS supporter who massacred a group of Christians at worship in a church in this manner?

sidspaceman repped this.
  4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    As I said, both extreme ideologies are evil and threats to society in my eyes.

But one is based truly on religion and correlates with the doctrines taught in the religion while the other goes against the teachings of the mainstream teaching and doctrines of the religion/ That is the key difference.

The author of that articles does not go into the manifesto of the New Zealand mass murderer and his views of the world which are clearly not taught by any main stream Christian church or preacher in any western society.

5. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Way to misconstruct a point. The author is not comparing religions but extremism, and then you put the blame for ISIS tacitly on "mainstream Islam", which as most Muslims will tell you, don't condone the violence of Islamic extremists.

Then you have this:

https://www.ncronline.org/news/just...on-between-christian-theology-white-supremacy

[​IMG]

https://religionnews.com/2017/08/28/twisting-the-cross-the-deadly-theology-of-white-supremacy/

This is the statement from the KKK website:

The lighted cross of The Knights is no different than the average church that has a lighted cross either on top or in front of their church building. The light of the cross symbolizes the Light of Christ dispelling darkness and ignorance. It is the fire of the cross that reminds us of the cleansing “fire” of Christ that cleanses evil from our land. The fiery cross is a symbol that has long been popular with the Christian faith. … We don’t burn the cross, we light the cross. We recognize that Christ is the light of the world. The lighted cross is a symbol of freedom — freedom from sin — freedom from tyranny. When a Klansman or Klanswoman participates in a cross lighting ceremony they are making a public declaration to Jesus Christ of their continued commitment to the Christian faith.

But that’s the KKK. Most bad theology is more subtle than that. White supremacy doesn’t always wear a hood and carry a Confederate flag. Most twisted theology is much sneakier. It creeps in when church choirs stop singing “On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand” and begins singing hymns about making America great again, as they did in First Baptist Dallas. It comes out of the closet when white evangelicals like Jerry Falwell call President Trump the “dream president” or as televangelist Paula White put it: “Trump has been raised up by God” for such a time as this. This too, is dangerous theology that’s more distinctively white than it is Christ-like. So we have to keep our sniffers on.

sidspaceman repped this.
  6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    @HomietheClown illegally streams soccer games. CRIMINAL!

Just calling a spade a spade

sidspaceman, dapip and pepinointer repped this.
  7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Fake news.

When have I illegally streamed soccer games?

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    This is not a main stream Christian sect or doctrine so it only strengthens my argument thank you.

9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lols. Many of our games have not been on any network and have only been able to be seen through streams. You have been active in every game thread.

I know you are trumpo through and through, but you don't have to imitate his lying

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Fake news yet again

1) When have I been active in game threads that have not been either on television or legal streams? Prove it.

2)I don't love trump so you are the one that has to question yourself about lies.

11. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You keep switching the point of discussion, so no, your argument is still extremely weak.

Who says that ISIS or Al-Qaeda are main stream Islamic doctrine? OTOH, I could argue that the Christian vote heavily favored a racist Islamophobic xenophobe who is enabling White Supremacists. Here it is:

"Christian" Vote:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/how-the-faithful-voted-a-preliminary-2016-analysis/

Trump enabling extremism:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-extremism-maga-hat_n_5ca5075be4b082d775dfca37

To conclude:

1. Homie is Christian.
    2. Homie voted for Trump.
    3. Ergo...

sidspaceman and J-Mezzy repped this.
  12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Who says it is main stream doctrines? Many Muslims do.

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #838 HomietheClown, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    And this would be wrong.
    Just because leftists call it racist and islamophopbic does not mean that it is true,.

Just as you were wrong in saying that a spade a spade is racist and I proved that leftist logic is more horse manure than logic.

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--

15. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    One guy who said he was radicalized and committed violence when Shapiro constantly preaches no violence in his personal doctrines only strengthens my point.

Muslim people and their teachings correlate with the sword and violence of Islam. Not hypocritically go against teachings like in the article you posted.

Nice try though.

17. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And once again there is no proof that he called to violence anyone which once again strengthens my point.

19. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1126989829982408704 is not a valid tweet id

dapip repped this.
  20. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    One does not go to an argument armed with Ben Shapiro. Ben Shapiro is basically a lightweight intellectual fraud:

Also, "many" or "some people" is:

a. Not a concise number showing support for your argument.
    b. What a White Supremacist enabler would say to support a fake argument:

sidspaceman repped this.
  21. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

class act

22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ergo you use a light weight commentator to support weak fallacious arguments.

23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Oh how wonderful people are in this thread. They accuse me of changing the point of discussion but they are the ones changing the point of discussion.

The point of the video was not to say that Shapiro is correct in everything he says and does.

Just that there are millions of Muslims that either find the terrorists' and teachings behavior as main stream or just look away as if it is nothing.

24. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

dapip repped this.
  25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    You are wrong again.
    I used a video with statistics to prove that there are Millions of Muslims who think that terrorist organizations are main stream.