Give Glazer a chance.

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by andrew neave, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrew neave

andrew neave New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Las Vegas USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Let it be said that I am optimistic about the new season and can think of only positive things to look forward to like :- Rooney and Ronaldo becoming better players and hopefully Park fitting into the team well, and maybe Richardson Playing instead of Fletcher in Midfield. But it seems to me that some of the thread posters on here are already made there mind up that next season is going to be a bad one, and its all Glazers fault, not the players not Fergie but Glazer.
    What utter nonsense Football in England ceased to be a sport for the working class when they did away with the Terraces I used to stand on all over the country, if Ticket prices go up oh well the people that could afford last years inflated ticket and season ticket holders prices can afford them this year. No difference there // last years Stockholders made profit from ManUtd stock so what ??? Is Glazer some demonic person with a dark past ??? give the guy a chance. I suppose if we start the season well on top some of you will still find something to moan about Glazer. My only question is he prepared to come up with the Evereadys and bring the worlds best players to United, we shall see " Come on you Reds"

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Slip in a puddle of aids.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

3. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    .....All weee are saaaaying.....is ( )

4. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless you have open wounds....I don't think this really matters.

5. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    You're a dumbass. :mad: :mad: :mad:

6. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

that greedy fuc**k head ginger twat will never get my respect :mad: :mad:

7. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Who ever said we'll have a bad season on the pitch? It's off of it that we're worried about... fancy thinking of a way to clear up £500mn (+ interest)? On the field, if we progress our youngsters and hopefully get one big signing like Essien (and hopefully Andrade), we'll be fine. And face it Andrew, even most of the others have been turned to the bright side... Fletcher has a future at this club.

Actually, if you check it out, our ticket prices are lower than quite a few other EPL clubs. But football being a working class sport has absolutely nothing to do with Glazer. Football has absolutely nothing to do with Glazer. Debt does. Therein lies the issue. Therein lies the problem. Therein lies the cancer. Wherein lies the cure?

So the club made profit and was not in debt. Now it is. More than any other club. Half a billion pounts sterling / over 1 billion US dollars. If we fail to pay back our loans, we'll be liquidated. Do you know what that means? Do you know how that feels? Do you know where our players will go? Do you want to? Think of who has the most money around these parts... fancy seeing Rio, Ronaldo & Rooney on their books?

Basically, yeah. If he cared at all about the sport he would have saved the Tampa Bay Mutiny, who shared a ground with his very own Buccaneers (iirc), but went into debt... and eventually went under, because he did nothing to help them. Saving that club would have barely cost a fraction - at most - of what he spent to put the world's biggest club (along with Real) into potentially-crippling death.

So that's not too bad? Check out the Glazer thread and you'll find a list of other reasons. Ninety-eight more of them, to be precise.

Not after the despicable and hostiel manner in which he took over the club.

So if we win our first 10-15 games that will magically clear our £500mn debt? No. It won't.

Evereadys? Forget buying the worlds best... I'm worried about him selling them in 1, 2 or 3 years. and I'm even more worried about thinking it might be the right decision when we get to that point, and knowing that we will not be able to replace them with anybody near their quality.

If Glazer clears the debt before it affects the club much, I won't be as annoyed at his... but I still won't be a fan of his in any capacity - ever - due to how he took over the club.

8. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Well if it aint Mr. Postathreadthenneverpostinit.... :D

9. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Damnit people - stop quoting his idiotic posts! He's on my ignore list and your quotes allow his drivel to reach my eyes.

Ouch

10. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    And I'm not sure how long the aids virus can exist outside it's host, so unless it was a particularly fresh puddle....

11. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Yeah, this one has run its course. If you want to intelligently discuss this, please start another thread. Or better yet - talk about it in one of the 50 other Glazer threads.

Thread closed.