Girl on 2 teams

Discussion in 'Girls Youth Soccer' started by pm4chi, Aug 22, 2012.

1. pm4chi

pm4chi Member

May 16, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the u9 level, we have one girl on our boys team. She is our best player. This team will be playing other u9 boys club teams from our region of the state. This girl is also a member of a girls team associated with a different club. The girls team plays only in an "inhouse" league, only playing other girls teams within the club.

We are getting feedback that we may be violating a state rule saying a player may only play on one team that is affiliated with the state youth assoc. at a time.

Has anyone faced this issue? Can anyone explain the rationale? This seems a bit crazy. She needs the competition that the boys team provides, but the family also recognizes that at some point she is going to play girls soccer only, so they want her to get used to that environment as well. There is no danger of these teams ever playing each other.

We may be going to battle with the state association on this, so any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. soccerwidow

soccerwidow New Member

Feb 22, 2007
    I think you can get around this by having one team card the player through the state association (sounds like the boy's team) and find a second team (girls team) that will card the player through US Club. Two different associations - two different cards should = being able to play on two different teams without any problems. A second idea may be to see if the girls team allows "guest players" and have her play that way (not officially register). Good luck!

3. pm4chi

pm4chi Member

May 16, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the thoughts. She is already on this girls team, and it is not a US Club team, so I don't think that will work.

But the guest thought it interesting. I've seen plenty of stuff about guests for tournaments, but never about a guest player for an entire league season.

4. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The old "chill-out-they're-8-year-olds" argument won't work?

5. pm4chi

pm4chi Member

May 16, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was the first one we tried. Repeatedly.

6. Soccertaxi

Soccertaxi Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Same seasons?

7. my thought too. US club and USYS cards?

my daughter was USYS carded to her primary team(less competitive) and then US Club carded to a different team(very competitive) for both her U12 and U13 years. she was busy enough and challenged on her U8-U10 team.