Giovanni Savarese Honored/ CCL Watch Party

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Onionsack, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

The Empire Supporters Club, (ESC) will honor former MetroStars great Giovanni Savarese on Thursday, July 30th, at their official pub, Nevada Smiths, by inducting him into the ESC's Legion of Honor, a distinction reserved for only the greatest and revered of former players. This event will run in conjunction with the official New York Red Bulls viewing party for the CONCACAF Champions League match with W Connection on FSC.

Savarese spent three seasons with the MetroStars, scoring a then-team record 41 goals and 94 points in league play and 44 goals, also a record, and 101 points in all competitions. He held the record with the most goals in franchise history with 44 goals from the very first goal in club history in 1996 until the summer of 2007 when Clint Mathis struck for #45. In addition to his statistical achievements Savarese became a fan favorite for his passion and commitment to the club.

The presentation will take place at 7:30 P.M and will be followed by the New York Red Bulls' CONCACAF Champions League qualifier against Caribbean Champion W. Connection at 8:00 P.M. This is an official ESC and New York Red Bulls watch party, and drink specials will be provided during the match.

All fans are encouraged to attend to show their support for Giovanni Savarese and the Red Bulls, and to watch the Champions League match.

Spaten Lager Beer Specials during the event and Red Bull Drink Specials.

PS. Its not every day we fans get to pay our respects to a franchise legend and fan favorite, so please come by and show your support and help make it a memorable night. Also, despite our shit season we also will at least have one game that has some meaning to watch as well.

SO ARE YA IN?

2. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont know why i bother posting anything on BigSoccer anymore. Seriosuly 25 hits and no responses?

1 person likes this.
  3. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Well, the team is 2-15-4, so I think that might have something to do with it. :D

Personally, I'll just make it home in time to watch the game on TV. Sorry to miss Gio since he a was a good player who always gave 100%, was very fan friendly and always enthusiastic. All traits that this organization never seems to have in their players.

4. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Well deserved by Gio. He is sometimes taken for granted, but he was a great soccer player and an excellent human being.

5. Meola10

Meola10 New Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Hoboken / S.I.
    I had considered going but I felt like an idiot showing up knowing no one.

6. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    jeje, Gionvanni is very talkative. He is very friendly and would engage in conversation even with a homeless. He is really a humble guy.

7. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great job organizing this event, Onionsack. It was a real treat to meet Gio and hear what he had to say. Made me remember why I cheer for this team. Excellent work. And thanks.

8. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gio is awesome.

9. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You woulda had a good time and met some people.

10. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will post the video on ESC website later tonight under "Video"

12. Meola10

Meola10 New Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Hoboken / S.I.
    Yes, I agree. If I didn't know anyone going in, I would know someone going out.

13. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States