Ginormous D-mo jersey?

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Dynamo_Joe, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Dynamo_Joe

Dynamo_Joe Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas
    What ever happened to the hugenormous Dynamo jersey that was used at the Rob and FC Frisco (MLS Cup)?

2. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    U of H does not allow it anymore, because flares could be brought in (in the jersey).That is, what I heard ...

3. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, yes. But where is it? Who has it?

4. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

5. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't know who has it, but whoever does maybe we can bring it up to South Oklahoma next trip? :D

6. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a tribute to us in the North End towards the end of last years regular season, our FO Marketing Department arranged for a "transfer" of that big ass jersey in a pre game move late last season. If you recall from last year the top went from field level and was body surfed up the 100's to 213 before kickoff. The FO marketing dept head then relayed to me that the massive Dynamo jersey is ours in the Texian Army to have and hold up in the Hinchada.
    As a token of respect to Chega and our El Batallon brothers I gave it to him to keep and look after for what he and the rest of the guys did when our FO came to them with Budweiser to racially divide us in the hinchada to two seperate location inside Robertson. The famous "La Doce" deal to form a seperate pre-fabricated barra in 217.

So to answer your questions, Chega holds it for all of us in the North End and since U of H is worried us die hards might sneak some flares and the like in, they have told the FO and likewise us that we can't bring it in. I wish that would change as we have been very good boys this season.

7. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sucks. Can we bring it to Dallas?

8. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course we can...it was brought by the guys in our hinchada to there in Robertson North when we won MLS Cup 2006.
    Only thing stopping us would be the FCF game day ops guys cuz they might pull a U of H stance just to be difficult.

9. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I remember seeing it there in Frisco. I just wasn't sure when UofH said you couldn't use it anymore at Robertson.

10. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it doesn't have blue swirlies on it.

11. Dynamo_Joe

Dynamo_Joe Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas
    Easy enough to fix. Just have some Dynamo employees meet the Hincha reps and they take it in it in before the game where it can be checked out for security reasons and then the hinchada picks it up and uses it during the game. Afterwards, the TA/EB take it home and bring it back the next home game and the D-mo reps take it in for them once again.

That jersey rocks and it would look awesome in the north end.

12. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not what U of H ops thinks the problem is.

13. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    Good idea !

14. Rooneys Hairline

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Contrary to popular belief, no I don't keep it in my pants.