Gillette to host last WCQ vs. Panama

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by MT mojo, Jul 5, 2005.

1. lou czar

lou czar Member

Sep 26, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think USSF would disagree, pizza park will be partially complete. I believe they will be in temporary lockers, and who knows about how smoothly it will run. Fans don't care but USSF might. Please start the campain for a friendly for those folks as soon as everything is up and running. Or after a successful MLS Cup sellout.

The Depot was out, because it is a school night on the campus of CSDH. It really wasn't in the running once all the weekend matchdays were placed. Lets not even talk about August. And they will be playing the last games in October and playoffs on dead grass again anyway.

2. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez Monty not everyone can get out to Salt Lake for a qualifer! ;)

Maybe they should have given it to Lusitano!! :D

I'll take any NATS game I can get!! BTW When is USSoccer going to release the SA tix for Columbus??? :confused:

Mike

3. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a lot of people wondering about this.

4. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    No matter where the game would be played, Jewish people will be put off by this date. You act like Bob Kraft chose October 12th as the date of the game, when in reality CONCACAF did.

5. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    They already did. You didn't get the memo?

6. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's gonna be a bitch and a half to get to Foxboro from Boston without any transportation on a school night.

I'm gonna start asking some of you guys for rides now, cause I'm not missing the game if I can help it.

7. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I might could be of service.

8. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA
    I might have a spot in my car, I doubt I can fill a car on my own on a weeknight in October

9. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone need a ride down from PEI? ;)

It's only 700 miles but you can bet I won't miss a USMNT game in our house.

10. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that right there, folks, is why BigSoccer kicks ass. Two and a half hours after I post expressing difficulty in making it to a USMNT WCQ, I've got three people offering rides.

I will very likely be taking someone up on that offer. Ultra, I'm fairly certain of where you live, having made it out for the SJ game way back before we all knew we had a team of destiny.

Hopefully it will become a non-issue when the MBTA decides to open up their Foxboro stop for one day. ;)

11. Carson Galaxy

Carson Galaxy Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Downey, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's all it takes to insult you??? Sack up.

12. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well you could tell him his grillin' skills suck ... but then you'd have about 400 of us to contend with. :D

13. Weber King

Weber King Member

Sep 28, 2001
    North Andover, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you don't see why this is a major insult, then you really haven't a clue.

Thanks for trolling.

14. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    What a waste of time to go onto other team's boards to post something so insipid.

I might be in the minority, but I was hoping we'd get this game all along. I work with someone from Panama. Hopefully he can make it to the game with me, although that could mean my group sitting (gasp) outside of the Fort.

Well, ok, I was really hoping for the Mexico game, but my expectations for getting it were extremely low.

15. Carson Galaxy

Carson Galaxy Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Downey, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ---I figured my post might be taken the wrong way by some but hey, I figured why not. OK, my reply was a bit rash...sorry. I'm sure I'll wonder why I sent this reply.

---trolling because I post on a Rev board about a US National Team issue? I had no idea.

---I'd be more than happy to buy a beer of his choice for Weber King if he grilled something for me for any ocassion. I come in peace.

---Lighten up Francis

16. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    I'm Jewish too. Your reason is crap.

17. Beez

Beez Member

Dec 20, 1999
    There's nothing sacred in sports. If the likes of Easter, Christmas and Ramadan (I'd want to play a team that was fasting for a month) are OK for games, then the High Holy Days are, too. Sometimes, people just have to make a choice -- Aleisha Cramer essentially quit the women's national team because she refused to play on the Mormon sabbath. Tamir Goodman wouldn't ride the pine for Maryland on the Jewish sabbath. Muhammad Ali cited religious reasons for being a conscientious objector, and he lost his title belts. The business of sports is going to march forward, regardless of the wishes of a very small minority -- it's just a matter of who's going to go along for the ride.

18. Carson Galaxy

Carson Galaxy Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Downey, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Shawn Green played for the Dodgers, he always took the day off during one of the Jewish holidays in September which stirred plenty of drama amongst those in the media and talk radio when the team was in a pennant race. I always felt he had a right to do that and never begrudged the fact that he did it.