Gil Blumstein to play for Rangers?

Discussion in 'Israel' started by mfrajman, Jul 31, 2009.

1. mfrajman

mfrajman New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Gil Blumstein, the 19-year old Israeli midfielder who plays for Maccabi Petah Tikvah, could be on the way to Scottish champions Rangers. Blumstein is trialling at the club, and has performed well in recent matches. He scored a hat-trick for Rangers in a reserves match against Portadown, and scored another goal in the next game.

Gil is a promising young talent who came through the academy of Beitar Nes Tubruk, and has trialled at Tottenham and Villareal in his younger years. He has also appeared in some of Israel's national youth sides.

What type of midfielder is Gil and has he had much success at Petah Tikvah? Gil could be good for the NT which is lacking in midfield.

http://home.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php/articles-mainmenu-2/13-player/1004-who-is-gil-blumstein
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8179045.stm

2. mfrajman

mfrajman New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
  3. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    This looks promising...
    Hopefully he will sign :)

4. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    last time i saw he scored in the 1-2 defeat to Glentoran in Belfast last Sunday hope he'll sign

5. cloudy3139

cloudy3139 New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Irvine, Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Apparently, Blumstein will sign for Rangers in the next few days. According to FollowFollow.com, the most popular Rangers fan forum, his agent hired a car and is in negotiations with Rangers as I type this.

He was offered to Celtic, but the rumour goes Celtic turned down the opportunity of a trial.

Lets wait and see.

6. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    :D Good stuff...

Say no to the Celtics...we had bad experiences with them..Berkovic anyone?

7. barack_obampot

barack_obampot BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 28, 2009
    Apparently he's signed a two-year deal. It' not been announced but I have my sources ;)

Not seen much of him, but he scored something like six goals in seven appearances while on trial, so hopefully we've unearthed a gem :)

8. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    i dont like this so much...Rangers is a great team but i want Israeli league to get better....if our best players and youngsters go abroad our league will go downhill.....

9. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009
    True, but Rangers often in the Champions League/Europa League, and if he improves and does well for us and gets called-up, it will improve the Israel national team.

10. cloudy3139

cloudy3139 New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Irvine, Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The rumour I read was that the players' UK agent knows some of the Rangers coaching staff and so the player is willing to wait until Rangers' sort out some financial sticking points with the banks before they can sign the player.

Rangers are cutting their squad right down if you didn't already know because the recession has apparently hit us harder than most. So we havn't signed anyone this summer. Gil could be the first and maybe the only.

11. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    yeah the green scum support Palestine ******** them

12. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    meanwhile Jerome Rothen has singed on 1 year loan from PSG dunno how it effects Gil though

13. mfrajman

mfrajman New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
  14. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009

That's a shame. From the reserve games I went to, and people I spoke to, he seemed a very good player.

Maybe our management team just didn't think he'd break through. Good luck to him.

15. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    That sucks..but atleast if he goes back to Israel he can set up game and try his footie in a great up and coming team like Beer Sheva. Seeing that they will stick in Liga Ahal for the coming seasons....