Gianluca Busio at Venezia

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Feb 10, 2017.

1. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Atlanta may take a step back soon. Long story short their top players are getting older and they're having more difficulty replacing those guys but overall yes.

Ray Shoesmith repped this.
  2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Meh. It's going to be some Championship club in the end.

Gorky and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  3. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Busio needs a manager who will kick his butt. Busio is very talented and, in general, I love his play when he contributes. However, he doesn't run enough and doesn't insert himself into the group play often enough. He is not assertive, let alone aggressive. He'll never be an adequate squad member until he pushes himself more and plays closer to the "edge" of the game. Just my humble opinion.

4. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough, I can def see where you are coming from. However, I would say that could be more due to his play style. Less intensity and more cerebral.

If he is getting his positioning correct, he doesn’t need to run at 100mph just to run at 100mph.

Granted his positioning and reading of the game isn’t good enough at the moment. So at 19 years old on relegation candidates, he has to play with more intensity. If he gets the opportunity to play at a team that will spend more time on the ball, I think he will flourish.

dark knight repped this.
  5. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But I would also agree about the manager who would kick his butt.

Pirlo and Pogba (similar mannerisms on the pitch imo) both had Conte as their manager. Pirlo was for more of a career renaissance and Pogba had a bit of a career launcher.

6. krelmatrix

krelmatrix Member+

Oct 25, 2006
    Leipzig, Germany
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as it pains me to say, they already took that step back. :( Their form in nearly all of 2022 was atrocious, and they didn't even qualify for the low-level Europa Conference League. The older players still performed well enough...when they were healthy for long enough to get a run of games...which becomes less frequent with age. But injuries were generally a nightmare. Jeremie Boga came along too slowly as the midfield upgrade. He showed promise late in the season, but not enough, and not soon enough. Losing Robin Gosens was inevitable, but also hurt long-term. Ruslan Malinovskyi was also off his game late in the season, for very understandable reasons.

The hope is that the new, rich American owner will invest in some fancy players and return them to their recent top-four glory. However, him (unsuccessfully) going after Chelsea within a couple months of taking over Atalanta has not exactly instilled fans with a ton of confidence that he's fully in the game. Also, his awkward "victory lap" in front of the fan section before the EL game against Leipzig (which was not even close to a victory), a few hours after the news broke that he was pursuing Chelsea ownership, made him look a bit like a buffoon.

Send Busio to Atalanta. Gian Piero Gasperini will kick his butt...literally...he has a history with players that don't live up to his expectation. :D

usnroach repped this.
  7. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
  8. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    The new sporting season officially began on 1 July and, at the same time, the summer transfer market session. Waiting for the most important hits, let’s take a look at the line-ups of the 20 teams that will take part in the Serie B 2022/2023 with the current staff (in CAPITALS the new signings):

Venice (4-3-1-2): JORONEN; ZAMPANO, WISNIEWSKI, Ceccaroni, ZABALA; ANDERSEN, Busio, Cuisance; Aramu; CONNOLLY, PIERINI. Trainer: Javorcic.

https://metajaunnews.com/2022/07/15...cal-formations-of-the-twenty-serie-b-teams-3/

Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  9. HScoach13

HScoach13 Member+

Nov 30, 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Is this official?

10. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Is what official? It’s someone’s idea of what the 20 Serie B starting lineups might look like given the teams’ NEW SIGNINGS.

usnroach repped this.
  11. HScoach13

HScoach13 Member+

Nov 30, 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I misread... Mea culpa.

TimB4Last repped this.
  12. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Sassuolo would be a great option

LouisianaViking07/09 and TimB4Last repped this.
  13. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    La Gazzetta dello Sport today reports that Sassuolo have identified Busio as the replacement for Davide Frattesi, if Frattesi is sold.

Elsewhere, Sassuolo have acknowledged that they're currently negotiating to sell Frattesi to Roma, but that there's still a lot of work to do before the club reach an agreement.

14. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    Sounds great. Hope it happens!

comoesa repped this.
  15. YNWA Rob

YNWA Rob Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Nov 12, 2020
    Indiana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe he should try to excel with his club in Serie B.

ChicagoVT, Dander and Winoman repped this.
  16. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
  17. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
  19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Staying at Venezia:

20. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A year (or half year) in Serie B certainly eliminates any fleeting hopes of a WC spot, but it feels like a good thing for his long term outlook.

Busio (and the whole team really) was thrown into the deep end last year, and now will have a chance to dictate games instead of always being on the back foot. He also still gets to live in Venice.

21. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Does it do? If he plays a key role for his club over the next few months, I'd say he still has a strong shot at making the squad.

USA-Zebuel repped this.
  22. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    No shot. Key role in sub MLS league? What does it mean? Nobody will waste time watching those games.

23. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Is Serie B honestly below MLS? Probably more level than one might think.

USA-Zebuel repped this.
  24. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    My least favorite place in Italy. Smelly and crowded as hell.

25. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    I doubt it.