Gianluca Busio at Venezia

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Feb 10, 2017.

1. RidiculousLichaj

May 18, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Romero has been a huge pickup for Venezia. Made a bunch of great stops against Roma.

Busio was a boss. Tessmann was decent. I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if Venezia look back to MLS in January or next summer to bolster their squad. Hell, they could probably sell Busio for twice what they paid right now, but that would probably be selling low based on his potential.

2. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're staying up! They were terrible the first couple weeks of the season but have rebounded really, really well

3. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
  4. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    do the venezia fans have a busio chant yet??

5. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Busio started today @ Bologna - 0-0 at HT. We need pbp coverage, stat!

[​IMG]

CyphaPSU, edcrocker, Winoman and 3 others repped this.
  6. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    They have a Norwegian up top and he ain't Haaland.

7. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Nice little assist for Busio just now.

8. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Description of the assist:

9. Fat&Old

Fat&Old Member

Whoever americans play for
    United States
    Aug 19, 2021
    I was able to listen to most of the second half but not able to watch much... at work. Busio had a nice assist, and heard his name called a few times for defensive blocks in the box. Tessaman had a nice chance on goal later in the game. I wasn't able to watch enough to give any kind of grade. Pretty cool watching two Americans pick up wins in Serie A.

10. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Busio has an assist but people are more excited about Tessmam somehow jumping him on the usmnt 8 depth chart from sub appearances on usmnt twitter sphere?

12. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    Don’t go there to that sphere . :)

13. Ironbound

Ironbound Member+

Jul 1, 2009
    Just Doyle being Doyle?

comoesa and usnroach repped this.
  14. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    Potential and fantasy outweigh production.

That being said, I am surprised TT is playing and contributing. He looks OK at times, lost at others IMO. I thought we wouldn’t see him until next year TBH. Hope it continues.

tomásbernal repped this.
  15. gjackson2207

gjackson2207 Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #715 gjackson2207, Nov 21, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
    I don't wanna look, but I think a style of play argument might be going on people's heads, though I'm not sure. Its easier to see Tessman filling in for a member of MMA than Busio. Busio is a very good player though. This might be an impossibility due to the time constraints of national team practice schedules, but for times when one or two members of MMA can't play, I feel like a 4-2-3-1 with Busio as part of the 2 with Adams or Acosta would be a great backup plan. Even as an in game change when the 4-3-3 isn't yielding fruit. We change players, but changing structure with players suited to the new structure can really throw an opponent off. Don't know though. Just a guess as to what people might be thinking.

16. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    I think u nailed it.

17. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Venezia are only 6 pts behind Juventus.

PalmettoSpur, CyphaPSU, comoesa and 5 others repped this.
  18. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    And I also just want to see what Busio can do when our full team is available. He hasn't put it together in the shirt for us yet, but he's clearly good enough based on what we've seen with Venezia. Like your take, looking like we can experiment after we hopefully qualify (still nervous for now).

19. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If our full team is available, he won't be on the pitch.

MHaifa1913 repped this.
  20. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Another good result for Venezia.

Too bad Milan lost.

21. Ironbound

Ironbound Member+

Jul 1, 2009
    Venezia is 6 points clear of the drop zone now. Salernitana and Spezia are bad, Cagliari not much better, Empoli is hit or miss, and Genoa looked even worse today under Sheva than they did before he took over.

Good chance our guys are pulled back into the merda over the next few weeks (Inter, @Atalanta, Verona, Juve) but I feel comfortable that they are not going down without a big fight.

22. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Member+

Oct 7, 2003
    Simsbury, CT
    Venezia is training him up to play in a very specific type of tactical setup. I haven't watched many of their games, but did watch this one. They are very disciplined, they don't press, they clog lanes and work hard without running all over the field. They look lackadaisical at times, but they are simply executing a tactical vision that doesn't require constant running.

I imagine that the style is at odds with how Gregg wants the USMNT to play, which has negatively impacted how Busio looks with the US. I'd imagine with more reps with the team and more camps he'll figure it out and start to fit in more. He clearly is a talented player, there's not reason to think there's no place for him on the National team.

It's an easy team to root for - I'm definitely going to start watching them more.

23. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    What I would give for Pirlo to take him under his wing for a couple years and teach him all the 'wise man' tricks like Kung Fu/Grasshopper...

usnroach repped this.
  24. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    CyphaPSU repped this.
  25. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Venezia are disciplined on defense, and have the ability to pip a goal now and then.
    Got to pat myself on the back for this one. I had Venezia to win at 4-1.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.