ghasi mounir AFC PLAYER OF 2004

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by SS2006, Nov 7, 2004.

1. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    WTF?
    im sure even my buddy saudis will agree
    who is this guy and howd he win it ove rplayer slike karimi, nakamura, and mohammad noor ;)

2. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    hmmm?? I would have liked to give this to Nakazawa (defender of Japan with the crazy hair).

3. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Here is another proof of AFC's pro-Arab bias! Ali Karimi and Vahid Hashemian ( Last season's 3rd goal scorer in Germany ) don't get the award and a player from Iraq, that couldn't even make the last round of the WCQ this year, gets the award!

4. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    Sounds about right. Urrgh B*stards.

5. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Ali Karimi: "When I heard that I was surprised but I guess I am not good enough and I would have to practice more to become the best player next time around. There has always been controversial decisions by the AFC as there are many other issues that determines the best player apart from him playing his best on the pitch. There are some pressures from many places on AFC and because of those pressures, AFC makes unfair choices all the time. I also would like to congratulate the Ghasi Monir, the Iraqi player for becoming the best player of Asia."

6. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Political election is live and well in AFC. This is a sympathy vote. Best AFC player of they year should come from best teams from Asia unless the winner is so good above and beyond everyone. I've not even heard about this guy. Geesh.

7. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    This could very well be what all you say. That the AFC wants to keep a certain "momentum" going among the Arab countries who have not shined in many of the year's games.

The other factor is the "surprise" performance of Iraq (and the position Iraq is in politically) in the Olympics...though I know it isn't an AFC event.

Perhaps they did not think the other countries like Iran, Japan, Korea, China, "needed" the award/exposure as much.

8. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    2004 was Ali Karimi's year. He should have gotten it.

9. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    where's he playing? vietnam?

10. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

Just like iran in AC Karimi got Robbed.

Boo!

:mad:

hey wait a sec poor karimi got robbed in AC too, he was definetly the best player there and plus after he became the top goal scorer along the bahraini he didn't get an award. F U C K AFC.

btw congrats to whoever that dude is and iraqies. :)

11. Xevor

Xevor New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Holland
    Guys this must be fake!
    First of all the best Asian player of the year will be chosen in DECEMBER!
    Second you can't find anything about the best AFC player of the year on the-afc and asian-football dot com
    Third Check Iraqfootball dot Com and then look to the top 10:

Top Ten Players
    Nashat Akram
    Emad Mohammed
    Haider Jabbar
    Jassim Sawadi
    Saad Nassir
    Noor Sabri
    Bassim Abbas
    Haider Mahmood
    Haider AbdulRazzaq
    Haider Obead

Where is that guy who 'won' the tile for best Asian player of the year?

12. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Some stats on the guy: He plays in the Iraqi (not Bundesliga) first division he netted six times and two in the Iraqi cup during the 2002/2003 season before the league was suspended due to the outbreak of war in March 2003, he moved to the Air Force Club (Al-Quwa Al-Jawiya) at the end of the war. He also played in Iraq's ollympic team.

This guy is better than Nakourama, Karimi or Hashemian?

13. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I never heard of this guy before. I doubt its the real thing, the player of the year usually will come from China or Japan. ANd maybe Iran.

14. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    would u just cut it out with this crap for once. didnt an iranian guy win it a year or two ago? (mahdkiva i believe). so if anyone other than iranian wins the award, will you say its a bias and a scheme to overthrow iran?

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

15. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    My objection has nothing to do with an Iranian wining it or not. Unless you have been living in a cave for the last year, you would know that Karimi, Hashemian and Nakamura were the most impressive and successful Asian players last year. So what AFC has done is a scheme!
    Who do you think should have won it? Do you even know this Iraqi player?

16. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    if lesser known iranian guy won it, nothing would have been wrong. You would say he deserved it.

and for the iraqi player, he probably is one of the players in the olympic squad? The world was more amazed with the iraqi team's selfless performance in the olympics than all the iranian team put together.

and my point is nothing to do with your objecting who deserves the award. Its your love to discredit any non-iranian team and players, especially when they are arabs.

17. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    No you are wrong again! Show me one example of me discrediting Japan, Iraq or even Korea! I think all these three teams have great talents!

I wouldn't have objected if Nakamura or Shafi ( Jordan's keeper ) had won it. Then, it would have been a close call but an Iraqi player who is not even known in his own country is getting this award simply because AFC is a corrupt Arab-dominated organization....You can't deny that!

BTW, AFC player of the year has nothing to do with the team proformances ( There is a separate team award that could have fairly gone to Iraq for their proformances in the olympics) AFC player of the year is suppose to be about the individual player and his skills.

18. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    In this particular case, most importantly, most of the people on this thread are puzzled at the very least by the choice made by AFC. Player of the Year, like RKim said, should have something outstanding about their performace during the year not only to their own country but to asian football fans in general -- their undeniable and consistent contribution to the national team's successes, their individual skill that is not only dominant in Asia but translates beyond the Asian continent, giving us moments of football perfection and joy/courage.

This choice brings up the question of how they choose this category, and what are prioritized.

Either way, the Olympics isnt AFC (is it?), and it may not be appropriate to include Olympic performances in this Award.

19. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    by the way, what does the Player of the Year get? (aside from the award)

20. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    i think you may be right... I looked around but found nothing... are we all chasing a rumour?

21. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    guys
    ghasi mounir
    is QUSAY MONIR

22. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Guys, why you all getting so mad? I doubt its true, no link confirms this, just a rumour I bet. The player of the year will definately come from Japan, China, and probably Iran. Low chances for Uzbekistan, Korea, Iraq or Jordan.

23. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Here's a question: aside from the fact that Karimi might have objections to the trend of how AFC makes decisions based on questionable political pressure, does he really care about this award?

From the things I hear among Japan fans, none of them seem to really care, and I don't think this means anything to the careers of already-successful players like Karimi or Nakamura. They are in another league altogether, and perhaps these awards should be named "Encouraging Performance Awards" instead.

24. TheOranje

TheOranje New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Wow the guy who got this thread started just did it to fire you all up.....this guy qusay munir is a pretty good young player, did well in the olympics and is now playing in qatar , but there is no way he won the afc player of the year award...the guy who started this thread didn't even spell his name right. Like someone else before me said this award isnt decided till December. So calm down and put out our nationalistic fires ;)

25. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    for ur informatin mr. orange its confirmed
    and thats what karimi called him, ghasi, unless he meant ghusi, cause we got no q