Ghana vs Jamaica [R]

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by tbgh, May 29, 2006.

1. tbgh

tbgh New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Did anyone actually watch this game who can give us USA fans a rundown on Ghana? Muchos rep for anyone who can.

Anyway, all I know is that Ghana won 4-1 and the official scorecard.

scorecard

2. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    good friendly for Jam, but why would Ghana wanted to play Jamaica.... i mean, england, paraguay and sweden should be playing jamaica and ghana should be playing canada, slovakia, france.... some team similar to their opponents is the WC

3. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering the United States couldn't beat Jamaica once in three tries (two WCQs and a friendly) and that Ghana beat Jamaica 4:1, now I'm worried the United States will lose all three group stage games in the World Cup.

4. tbgh

tbgh New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    On the other hand, the USA beat Jamaica 3-1 in the Gold Cup last year. You can't really judge a team just from the final score. Especially when it's in a friendly. Don't worry so much.

5. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    All I saw were highlights of this one. Ricketts was rickety as usaul his inability to hold on to the ball was the reason for two of the goals. The other two goals were scored by deflected shots. Having not seen the whole game and based on that fact I would have to say the score was somewhat flattering.

6. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I was surprised to find about the score.
    I know Jamaica has been struggling for some time now, but 4-1?
    This is 4-1 vs a team that had been struggling itself, and specially struggling to get some goals.
    Thumbs up for Ghana, and question marks for Jamaica.
    Metro

7. Bellus Ludas

Bellus Ludas New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    Greeality
    Before we jump to any conclusions we need to know who was on the field and compare apples to apples. The last Jamaica vs USA game was not our best group of players:

Lineups:
    USA: 1-Tony Meola; 4-Chris Albright, 23-Eddie Pope, 2-Frankie Hejduk, 19-Steve Ralston (8-Clint Dempsey, 55), 14-Ben Olsen, 25-Pablo Mastroeni, 10-Landon Donovan, 13-Pat Noonan (5-John Obrien, 67); 16-Josh Wolff (8-Eddie Johnson, 46), 20-Taylor Twellman (11-Brian Ching, 46).
    Subs not used: 3-Nick Garcia, 6-Kerry Zavagnin, 24-Matt Reis
    Manager: Bruce Arena

JAM: 30-Donovan Ricketts; 25-Claude Davis (5-Demar Stewart, 29), 19-Garfield Reid, 16-Omar Daley, 3-Damion Stewart; 7-Jason Morrison (14-Dane Richards, 59), 8-Jamal Campbell-Ryce (9-Fabian Dawkins, 61), 17-Jermaine Hue, 18-Khari Stephenson (20-Oneil Thompson, 71); 6-Ryan Johnson (12-Jermaine Johnson, 71), 15-Teafore Bennett (21-Newton Sterling, 62).
    Subs not used: 13-Shawn Sawyers
    Head Coach: Wendell Downswell

8. Say What?

Say What? New Member

May 2, 2006
    Anyone want to know the score of the England - RB match in progress?

9. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    5-0 (1st 4 goals scored in the 1st half).
    We're currently on the 66th min.
    Metro

10. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Does anybody have Jamaica's squad list (including the players' respective clubs) for the games against Ghana and England?
    Metro

11. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

England vs Jamaica

Ghana vs Jamaica