Getting worried about MO

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Anomaly385, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Anomaly385

Anomaly385 New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Anaheim, CA
    Hey everybody, I havent been able to post too much due to school, but after reading on Soccernet today about links of MO going to Real Madrid for 25 million, I'm kind of getting worried and had to post something. Before, the millions of rumours seemed to be just rumours, but with Soccernet, a source I trust, getting into the action... I dunno.

I understand that no one player is bigger then the team, that FSP is our future lil Michael Owen, etc etc etc, but I still think that, to draw in the quality talent which we so obviously need, Owen needs to stay. He is perhaps the only true world class player on the pitch for 'Pool.

My question is this, would Micheal even stay for another year if we just simply made the CL? The Cl is a tough tough tough competition and doesnt really allow for too many "lucky" teams to succeed. And where we are at right now, I think we would get buried by the Madrid's, Milan's and Bayern's of the world. So Owen really would not be playing against the world class teams he wants to play if, like Newcastle, 'Pool simply get booted out in the early rounds.

I am hoping that Owen will sign a contract extension with a clause to leave 'Pool if we majorly screw up in the future, ie finish out of the top four and lose badly in cup competition. Hopefully we wont and he will stay. Next week we have two crucial games against Steau Bucharest (sp?) and the evil evil evil Mancs. Hopefully we will win. Long term goals?? Here's to dreaming that LFC will finish in the top 4, win the UEFA Cup, win a domestic cup (even the carling cup is silverware!!!), and win the Euro Super Cup next year assuming we do win UEFA Cup. If this indeed does happen, Owen would be a bastard if he didnt sign a new contract and left to another team. However, if we dont do too well, I would not blame him for leaving.

Yes, I know this post is kinda pointless and the MO subject has been done over and over again, but I am so worried about the future of our Reds that I had to get it off my chest... any thoughts or comments about the MO situation or Reds future would be welcome.

2. fatboy slim-fast

fatboy slim-fast New Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Jersey/NYC
    Hmm... while it would fit Madrid's thing of one big signing per summer, I honestly don' t see him wanting to be second fiddle, behind Ronaldo and Raul.

3. I read that soccernet article as well.

My guess is that, since the Beckham drama has ended, and it's too soon for all the various Chelsea dramas to begin, this is all the football-gossip press have to write about at the moment.

I don't think it's certain that he'll re-sign and stay, but it think it's pretty likely that he will.

----

4. Anomaly385

Anomaly385 New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Anaheim, CA
    read on koptalk that ronaldo is going to inter next summer which would free up that striker spot for MO... but then that of course is also merely a rumour... jeeze these rumours are killing me it would be better if I didnt read all these dang forums. :)

i also certaintly hopes he re-signs and plays in liverpool red his entire career!

5. oojason

oojason New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    England
    ^ hmnn... koptalk - not exactly the most reliable of sources.

www.kraptalk.com - a nice spoof site.

Why would Ronaldo be going back to Inter - the team he left after playing a hand full of games over 2/3 years before demanding to leave whilst on £100,000 p/w?!

He didn't endear himself to the club or fans there the 1st time, I don't think they'd have back for a second time.