Getting ready for the 2024 Olympics

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by lil_one, Mar 20, 2024.

1. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not at all. It was a reference to your past foreign travels.:)

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    winger been traditionally the strongest part of the USWNT and still remains that, but since it’s only 16 field player roster would probably allow only three available spots(2 starters/1sub), of which we currently got vying to make the Olympic

left-winger……Swanson, Shaw, Thompson
    right-winger….Smith. Rodman, Williams

to go along with just two strikers Morgan, Macario

problem is the way Emma Hayes currently coaches her club..,a low lying deep into her own territory 4-4-2(though it often reads on paper as an 5-3-1)that place the wingers at book ends, forcing them to even more yards upfront if they can manage an counter. It’s really the two upfront that have the best chance to score—-but unfortunately right now Morgan & Macario are too slow to take advantage of it.

Yesterday once again Macario starts at striker for Chelsea/ionce again Chelsea looses. This time against an unheralded Liverpool. Though big pre season favorites to win at least something. Hayes finds herself eliminated from all three Cup competitions & in 2nd place in league standings.

but let’s keep on reading what an great coach she is, lol

3. NCChiFan

NCChiFan Member

NC Courage
    United States
    Feb 19, 2021
    Well, we almost all agree, cutting the roster down to 18 is/was always going to be a challenge. There are serious concerns on leaving obviously qualified individuals off the roster, not because they are not great at their one position, but solely because they are not versatile enough to play a few.

I believe we are all looking forward to tearing apart the final 18 picked individuals by the coach, as we all LOVE playing coach on this forum.

4. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am sorry. I am so used to people choosing to attack me instead of ideas that I just jumped, awkwardly, to an erroneous conclusion. It is hard to understand what is really meant by statements on the internet.
    I also seem to have become a bit thin skinned and assume an insult when none is intended.
    Again, sorry for misinterpreting you innocent post. :(

blissett and cpthomas repped this.
  5. NCChiFan

NCChiFan Member

NC Courage
    United States
    Feb 19, 2021
    Welp, Rose jumped in and scored a weird goal in 15 min of play time. 5 games to get in shape before the friendlies. Time and Emma will tell.

6. NCChiFan

NCChiFan Member

NC Courage
    United States
    Feb 19, 2021
    Hmm, just letting them heal up or do we begin to worry that the 3 center backs projected to be on the Olympic roster are all dealing with injuries and not playing at the moment?

7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All three CB’s are out with muscular, thigh problems. If injuries persist, mostly likely Sonnet will be switched back from her current Defensive Mid. Other options/possible call ups; Staab(Chicago) Gordon(Angel City) Mckeown(Spirit)Kurtz(KC)Berkeley(Courage). Hopefully not Sauerbrun anymore, she was a disaster vs Mexico; three times had the ball stripped right from under her feet .

Morgan(ankle) & Naeher(?) are both reported injured as well.

NCChiFan repped this.