getting from BK to Giants stadium

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by hala-cosmos, Mar 23, 2006.

1. hala-cosmos

hala-cosmos Member

Apr 15, 2003
    What's the quickest way to get from brooklyn to giants stadium? I'm thinking of visiting for the 22nd match in the swamp, and I'd be staying with friends near prospect park.

Thanks in advance, scum.

2. WIZZETS

WIZZETS New Member

May 30, 2001
    Chattanooga via NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reading your title, I thought you wanted to know how to get from Burger King to Giants Stadium.

Can't help you with Brooklyn (or Burger King).

3. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Piss off a "made" man, and they will take you on a "ride" to Jersey.

I think I've seen Godfather/Goodfellas too many times.

4. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY
    lol... i thought burger king too.

as for getting to giants stadium...find out how to get to nyc first. then find out how to get to port authority. then find out how to get to giants stadium.

and i think there's a burger king at the mill creek plaza where the fridays/unos is. so you can stop there if you want. only you'll have to take a bus from port authority to mill creek plaza...then another bus back to port authority, only to take a bus again to giants stadium.

if you ask me, its not worth it.

5. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you want to drive to Giants Stadium or take (crappy) mass transit?

6. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Get to the 2 or 3 line -- directly or by transfer at Atlantic Ave. for example --and take it to Times Square (42nd Street) in Manhattan. From there you can either walk the tunnel that takes you to the A/C/E line and Port Authority or you can go up to the street level and walk a block west to 8th Ave where Port Authority is located. You want the south entrance, between 40th and 41st Streets.

The New Jersey Transit bus windows are on a raised dais about midway into the building. Buy a round trip for "the soccer game" at Giants Stadium, and be sure to ask the clerk which gate the bus will use. The round trip should cost about $7. The subway will cost you $2. a trip, with free transfers along your route, if you need them.

Don't be afraid to ask directions to the gate; usually it is 207.

7. hala-cosmos

hala-cosmos Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Thanks for the tip. Seems like you've made this trip a few times... how long does it usually take? (since this is NYC I'm dealing with, I'm guessing the time varies...)

8. djdustmite

djdustmite New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NJ
    Depends on what "near" Prospect Park means.

F train Manhattan bound >> transfer to the A train at West 4th Street >> A train to Port Authority Bus terminal >> Bus to the swamp.

++OR++

2 Train Manhattan bound to 42nd Street >> Follow signs for Port Authority Bus Terminal >> Bus to the Swamp.

++OR++

N Train Manhattan bound to 42nd Street >> Follow signs for Port Authority Bus Terminal >> Bus to the Swamp.

++OR++

Q Train Manhattan bound to 42nd Street >> Follow signs for Port Authority Bus Terminal >> Bus to the Swamp.

One of these would cover you.

9. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    PA to Giants Stadium: about 18 minutes. It could take you 40 minutes to get from Brooklyn to Port Authority.

10. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One major problem. There is a lot of subway construction on the weekends. Sometimes there are major adjustments of trains and it varies from weekend to weekend.You can still get to/from the Port Authority Bus Terminal but it may be an adventure depending on which subway line you take. You have to study the subway maps and service advisories to determine your best route.

http://mta.info/nyct/subway/

11. sabremike

sabremike New Member

Sep 1, 2001
    Brewster, NY
    They raised it last year to $9.

12. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Btw, if you are age 60 or over then you are eligible for senior $4 round-trip. Just need to show a drivers license in the unlikely event they ask for proof.

13. EEUU

EEUU Member

Mar 4, 2000
    Massapequa, NY USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Driving is a piece of cake. It depends on what part of Bklyn you're going from then. Verrazano through Staten Island to Goethal's Bridge to NJ Turnpike North is the way I always go from South Brooklyn. (Bath Beach, Bensonhurst, Bay Ridge, Coney Island, Sheepshead Bay, Dyker, Bay Ridge, Sunset Park, Red Hook, Gravesend etc.) Get someone to drive you- Buy 'em a ticket!

14. HotAssAlex

HotAssAlex New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Staten Island, NY
    from bk especially prospect park its cheaper and faster to go trough the city ofcourse if u can avoid the traffic in the city depends on what day the game is.....you take west side hwy to Lincoln tunnel and then route 3West to the stadium

15. KareemSoda

KareemSoda Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Not in NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bring some cheeseburgers!

16. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Walk to Coney Island. Jump into the ocean, Swim around Manhattan to Bayonne. Walk from there.

17. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    The funny thing is that 50% of the time this could very well be the fastest way to GS from Brooklyn.

18. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    You haven't been to Brooklyn for a long time I see.

Try to avoid transfers on the weekend. If you take the F, just get off on 42nd and 6th an hoof the two blocks to the P.A.

19. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Only when the tide is coming in.