Getafe vs Real Madrid | Liga BBVA | Matchday 28 | 25/03/10 [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by El-CapitanoR7, Mar 23, 2010.

1. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Getafe vs Real Madrid
    Estadio: Coliseum Alfonso Pérez
    Date:Thursday 25th March 2010
    Time: 20:00 CET, 14:00 ET

[​IMG]

Time flies. This will be the 100th game with Real Madrid for Pipita.

Key Players:

Manu del Moral is a player that can cause our defense some problems with his lightning pace.

Higuain will look to impress with his 100th game in hand.

What Happened Last Time

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y2qVUPiZdU"]YouTube- Real Madrid Vs Getafe 2-0 Goals & Full Highlights 31/10/2009 HQ Liga BBVA[/ame]

Injury Report

Possible Starting Lineup

[LINEUP-4-4-2]Higuain,Ronaldo,VDV,Xabi,Lass,Granero,Marcelo,Garay,Albiol,Ramos,Saint[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

Other Real Madrid Related News/ Notes:​

11 "finals" left to go, let's not do anything stupid.. like this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh_tmNYCIa0"]YouTube- Real Madrid - Getafe 0-1 crazy goal[/ame]

2. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Ugh, away at Getafe. I hate this fixture. Hope the boys control the game from the get go.

3. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    I think the date is wrong for the game. Today is March 23. The 25th won't be a Saturday. If it's Saturday, I think that's the 27th. Though I was momentarily hoping that I'd forgotten about a midweek game. ha

4. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    The Getafe game is Thursday, March 25th, it is a midweek game.

Followed by Atleti on Sunday, the 28th so a busy and important week for the boys.

5. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Getafe is such a difficult side. Well they are missing cata diaz so hopefully we can get this under control soon.

6. Frank Smith

Frank Smith Red Card

Jun 2, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How many games do we have after Barcelona? Assuming we win all of those, we can afford to lose a game up to the Classico.

7. RaDiuM

RaDiuM Member

Jul 20, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    This is what worries me. We can NOT afford to lose ANY of our next 4 matches, which are Getafe, Patheti, Racing, then Farca. If we win them all we'll have a pretty good chance of lifting La Liga since Barca also have a tough fixture with Mallorca away and Osasuna at home. Getafe can be an annoying team to play against but I have confidence of our team in front of Patheti and Racing. Guti is injured and doubtful for this match, so I guess we need to shape up and control the match from the very start and hit two early goals to be safe. Higuain!

8. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    If we are looking to save on cards, we could shift Lassana to right back, but the problem is that every game is equally as important as the last, and I can't really see anyone being rested if they are fully fit, especially Sergio or Xabi. Ideally they would both play, not pick up a card and then get booked against Atleti, before we breeze past Racing without them. Football is never ideal though.

9. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lol. I don't always get the time right, but at least give me enough credit to expect a correct date :p.

10. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Btw Soldado is out recovering from a knee injury. It is doubtful that he'll feature again this season.

11. RaDiuM

RaDiuM Member

Jul 20, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hope he doesn't make the fixture, we could use as much luck as we can.. Btw El-Capitano I replied to your post on the ticket purchasing thread. I hope we can control this match and get the three points then we can start thinking about Patheti

1 person likes this.
  12. kosovanwhizkid

kosovanwhizkid New Member

Jun 28, 2009
    london
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pellegrini needs to push the team to its limit in the next 4 games, if we beat the two neighbours then Racing, then the confindence should be high enough to get revenge on Barca.....and if Barca start falling back then they will crumble and turn the focus to the CL (Where Inter will hopefully knock them out if Arsenal doesn't)

13. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It would be cool if a mod could change the day to Thursday on the thread starter. :)

14. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    ^^^^ Yeah good call.

15. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    Awesome. I love weeks with bonus games. :D

16. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Midweek games rule. More footy to watch. We got a tough couple of games on Thursday and Sunday. Although the one against Atleti could easily turn into a rout. Racing are shit right now (sorry maca but they are) so we should be ok for that game.

I hope that Kaka and Benzema can rejoin the squad and share the load for these 2 closely bunched games. Alonso is one card away from a suspension right? I hope he doesn't miss the Atleti game.

17. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    Didn't AS report this am that Benzema has had a setback and won't be available?

18. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
  19. Toro70

Toro70 Member+

Nov 29, 2008
    US, CT
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  20. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    We have two very tough fixtures ahead. These will test our chances of winning the League.

I'm confident though, we have the two best strikers in La liga in our rooster, I hope they are on point the next two games and ahead.

21. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Very worried about this game. I think its our toughest one remaining besides the Classico.

22. madridismo1902

madridismo1902 New Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hey guys
    Im new to the forum.Been a RM fan since 2000.Like all of u i love this club despite wat is said by the hypocrite media,fans of lesser clubs.

Getting to Getafe......i feel we were playing our best football with the 4-3-1-2 formation with alonso, lass,marcelo as the 3 in midfield.Suddenly, MP has reverted to his 4-2-2-2 in the last few games and the team dint look all that confident just like in the initial rounds. I hope pelle reverts to the 4-3-1-2 with marcelo providing width on the left and ramos bombing forward on the rite with lass to cover. With the 4-2-2-2 the fullbacks r the only source of width.

23. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    ^ welcome to our humble forum. :)

24. babai_here

babai_here Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Our next 3 home matches will be against Pathetico,Barca,Valencia.
    I believe those will mostly decide if we are going to win or not :);)
    Anyway playing Getafe in Getafe isn't easy at all.
    Lets bring 3 points comfortably.