Get your printers running!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by metrocorazon, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Digilobo

Digilobo New Member

Jun 29, 2003
    Queens, NY
    if you're having trouble sizing it, try to copy and paste it into a word processor, like microsoft word, and then you'll be able to drag the edges and make it whatever size you want.

i LOVE the new one. and so does everyone i hand it to. all the new white space gives my printer a break, too... i've actually been printing both versions in 1/2 page size so people think they're postcards, and so you can surreptitiously tack them into people's cubicles.

2. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK - I've done my bit for today. Dropped off 120+ flyers at Shades of Green, Nevada Smith's and The *#*#*#*#*# Bag. Tomorrow I'm going to hit the bars in Williamsburg.

I'd suggest someone with some time on their hands go up 3rd Avenue from about 25th to 35th. You can hit Molly's, Joshua Tree, 3rd and Long, The Abbey etc. We know MFO isn't going to do the work - we've got to get the word out ourselves.

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Queens College is covered :)
    Hope those ba$tard suckurity people don't take them down...

4. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

One more time for those who don't understand yet (from the letter that came with the tickets to the game)...

"The game, being promoted by the US Soccer Federation, will mark the MetroStars first ever appearance in a championship game."

Flyers, emails, pregame parties are good ideas but sniping at the Metro for not promoting a game not their's to promote is off the mark.

Save that for the playoffs.

5. Vistula

Vistula New Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Garfield
    Hold on there a second, hoss.

Shouldn't the Metro Front Office care about the team? I mean, are they just pencil pushers who punch in at 9 and punch out at 5? Or are they people with some sense of passion for the sport and the players who wear the Metro uniform?

I guess you can forgive them for saying, "Sorry, not my job..." But I know that's not the type of people I'd want working for my Widgets firm, much less my soccer team. Geezes, it's like when you ask for help in the Sports Authority and some pimple-faced kid, standing on the floor BSing with his co-worker, looks at you and says, "Sorry, sir, I'm about to go on break." Nice attititude, Metro.

Shouldn't Metro's front office want to help create a home field advantage for this game? Shouldn't they want to help the team win its first-ever trophy? I mean, friggin A, don't you take the job with the soccer team because it's not friggin widgets?

Simply saying, "It's the USSF's game to promote," is a weak out. Of course, it's not surprising in the least. Yeah, let's let the not-for-profit group from Chicago handle this one...who cares about the team and the game, anyway. "Sorry, ma'am, it's not my department. Go to the service desk."

7k tops. And that's a shame.

6. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998

And you say Bigfoot doesn't work for the MFO?

Ha.

7. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I second Vistula on this one.

I'm sure if the Metros told the USSF that they wanted to throw in some money to help promote the game in the NY/NJ area, the USSF would allow them to do so .....

They are using that crap as a cop out big time on this one.

8. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And in the end, I highly doubt they're forbidden from doing their own advertising for this one. What, the USSF office is going to call and chew Nick out if they take out a full page NYT ad? I don't think so.

We've got to do this ourselves.

9. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    This is much like the china game for the MFO... some extra cash flow from attendance with out having to spend on advertising.... MFO is probably saying "oh its a weekday, we'll just lose money if we spend it on advertisement." What they dont realize is the long term bennefit of a large crowd and a championship match enviroment and the oppurtunity to raise the clubs fanbase numbers... they should spend the money and advertise the crap out of this... the lost money would be paid back in the long term...

A dreadful mistake by the MetroStars organization

10. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we macro this please?

Have they done anything right since their inception in any incarnation?

I'm sick of this crap. I'm going to be there. I'm bringing friends. But with no advertising, grass roots can only go so far (and if the Yanks are playing game 6, disaster.)

We already know the USSF sucks, there is no reason for Metro to sit on their hands. Just because they have no obligation to do so, doesn't mean that doing nothing is a good idea. Isn't a big crowd worth the marketing effort? Who gets what of the cut from the gate?

Consider this an opportunity squandered. MFO can't see past their nose.

11. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Ha.

12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Anyone see the ad in First Touch Fanzine?

13. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There actually was a MPF ad in the Ledger yesterday...