Get your printers running!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by metrocorazon, Oct 4, 2003.

1. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
  2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I got an error loading the page

3. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too.. I don't think I want to print that. :)

4. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
  5. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Its working fine for me. Just go to the empiresc.com page and click on the main story.

6. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a good promotion idea..Do a good job!
    Leave them everywhere until everyone in the Tri-State area sees one. :)

7. Grone

Grone New Member

Dec 17, 1998
    i been waiting 8 yrs for this game
    been laught at at work for actually being a metro fan and going to the stadium
    but now its time for all those dummys that put down our team and show what we made of
    i been a season ticket holder since day one and ill do my best to make sure that 107 is rocking alongside 101
    just lead the way guys and ill make them all follow

DALE METRO CAMPEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Blong

Blong Member+

Oct 29, 2002
    Midwest, the real one.
    Nice flyer, but I liked the "We want the Cup" slogan a little better.

9. Goalkeeps7

Goalkeeps7 Member

Apr 1, 1999
    Another place to put these is the local Youth Soccer fields. Sure it's a wed. night game, but I think it's a market than has to be tested.

Maybe not this exact poster, but something that encourages people to support their team, and add the 1888-metrotix number. Just slip the flyers on the windshield of many parked cars.

To me, people will go to a final(even on a wed night), they just need to know about it. And these flyers will help.

10. Digilobo

Digilobo New Member

Jun 29, 2003
    Queens, NY
    i think it looks great -- thanks for putting it together!

11. g bugout

g bugout Member

Jan 27, 2002
    nyc
    missing info

Should it mention somewhere that the game is at Giants Stadium?

Other than that, it looks cool. Like an old Agnostic Front flier.

12. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I happen to be a FIRE fan but I gotta say those flyers... and your initiative to put them up without any help from your club is something any soccer fan in any country can understand and be proud of.

There is alot more riding on this game than many NewYorkers realize.

1 of 2 Champions Cup spots.

Can't say I wish your team any luck.

But nice posters at any rate.

= )

13. Metro_tico

Metro_tico New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    I think it looks great, but all that black is gonna kill the printers...
    Oh wait! this is the printer at work....Never mind, GREAT WORK!!!

14. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Super printer, just add the 1-888-metrotix on there, and that would make it even better.

15. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the fact that it's a Giants stadium.

16. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Nice job, ESC folks. Besides passing out these flyers, I've got a suggestion for a slightly more personal invite that doesn't take too much time.

You can use www.evite.com to send the U.S. Open Finals Cup info to all your friends and acquaintences via email. It keeps track of replies and the number of people who accept (if you're carpooling or meeting somewhere or want to plan who brings what to a tailgate.) You can even put this flyer on the invite.

And no, I don't work for evite or anything, I've just found it to be really handy for group invites. Plus, I think the effort you guys are putting into promotion is great and wanted to add my suggestion.

17. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    First, that is a great flyer.

Second, please remember that you can't post flyers in NYC without a commercial license, so please only put them in stores that have told you they are okay or pass them out to your friends who will keep them or at least find a trash can for them without littering.

If you have some sort of bulletin board or whatever where flyers are allowed, great. If not, copy the file and e-mail the sucker.

Thank you.

18. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Ok I added Giants Stadium, but didnt add the phone # to it as you are supposed to be an ESC member to get 101 tickets(in theory) and there is no way they can check for it over the phone. And I dont want people to get turned away or whatever because of some spotty customer service. Better to go to Gate C day of the game and get them. Thats their best chance to be 95% sure you will get section 101 tickets. Remember this is an ESC/USOC flyer which means its going to promote section 101, it ultimately does help Metro because any money to them is good.

19. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And more money means we might be able to keep Magee and Gaven from going to Europe in four years. :D

Great job, Serg. I'm going to leave a bunch in Iona's, SweetWater Tavern, The PourHouse and Grand Central in Williamsburg. I'll do Nevada's, St. Dymphna's and Shades of Green as well if no one else will take them.

20. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    Again, great job on the fliers.
    There's a rec center and soccer field by my house where I can distribute them.
    Does anyone want to go to Alecko Eskandarian's Dad's soccer shop in Hackensack for distribution? Or would that be rubbing it in his face? :)

21. This one is too dark.

22. KareemSoda

KareemSoda Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Not in NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just hung a bunch at Rutgers!

23. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Is anyone else having trouble printing it or is it just my printer?

24. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Its you...

New flyers up!!!
    http://www.empiresc.com/mf/esc/story.jsp?ID=1534

Thanks everyone for spreading the word, keep up the good work. Hopefully you will get your reward in seeing section 101 and the rest of Giants Stadium ROCKING on OCt 15th!

25. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I printed out the new flyer with no problem, but the 2nd flyer doesn't print properly for me. The image likes fine on the screen, but prints way too big for the paper, which only captures a 1/4 of the image.... maybe my settings are messed up or something?