Get Reyna Off This Team

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Michael Mejido, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Michael Mejido

May 14, 2000
    Reyna substituted before halftime. Big heart exhibited in a playoff game, Claudio.

2. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's just no way he's coming back next year, no friggin way!

3. colinh9

colinh9 New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    NY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    It's absolutely pathetic. I will be in complete shock if this waste is back again next year. One year of that pay is enough thank you.

4. Irish527

Irish527 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    How about we get some journalists writing about how horrendous Reyna really has been? What has he done for the team this year that really stands out? Absolutely nothing and that is why we need journalists on our side at this point. Write about how Reyna must go and then maybe Bruce will honestly consider getting rid of the worst Designated Player to enter this league.

5. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget Denilson. Wow, was HE bad!

6. Michael Mejido

May 14, 2000
    I hope everyone notices the difference between Angel's want to get back onto the field after a concussion, and Reyna's throwing the the towel.

Truely, Reyna is a disgrace.

7. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

May 14, 2007
    Edison, NJ
    He was injured?

8. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Without Reyna, I saw an attacking team that had its opportunities. Which was also true WITH Reyna, but you do have to ask yourself:

What's the point of having Reyna on the field?

9. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

May 14, 2007
    Edison, NJ
    To be the fan's scapegoat?

10. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can't, seriously, still be on the Reyna bandwagon. Is that possible? These two playoff games were his moment to shine. He didn't. Next!

11. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

For DP money or star player status, if you don't add anything to the team, sit down and let the younger guys prove themselves.

Reyna apologists have nothing to stand on after this playoff series.

12. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To Claudio:

Thank you.

Also I think he has a lot of knowledge to give the team as a coach so I would welcome him to help out with youth..

13. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

May 14, 2007
    Edison, NJ
    How can somebody shine when they're injured within the first half of aforementioned playoff game? And wasn't that somebody who did play rather well in the first leg of aforementioned playoff series?

Forget it. I brought up a dissenting opinion. Apparently, I'm on a bandwagon or something so I need to shut up lest I face the e-rage.

14. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Renya keeps getting injured; get rid of him.

15. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY Ukraine
    Angel has been playing with 2 injuries the whole season. One of which being his lower back.

Reyna missed games because of "turf-toe"..

turf-toe ?!?!?!?!?!?! are you fcuking kidding me???

For the money we are paying Reyna, he should be in every game..actually touching balls, not backpassing them to Conway (which is VERY dangerous)

get rid of Reyna, I'd rather see Vide and Mathis in there.

I also cant stand all the comentators sucking Reyna's tiny injured testicles, only because he is a DP signing.

16. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, the oft injured Reyna is, what a surprise, injured again. I hope that Arena has him back next year so he can prove to me, an everyone else who thinks he's s**t, how wrong we really are. Also, for DP money, we need someone in the midfield who plays like Shalrie Joseph did tonight. We have Vide, Dema and Stammler. All three can play as well as Reyna did the other day. And your's is not a dissenting opinion. Lot's of Reyna apologists here. I'm just amazed that what needs to be done is not obvious (to at least one of them).

17. theramblingscot

theramblingscot New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Norman, OK
    I'm a Dallas fan and I completely agree with yall, Denilson is way overrated. Really nice guy (once you figure out he speaks French lol) and he's good, but he doesn't deserve that kind of $$$ and he was not the saviour some people chalked him up to be! I'm just glad we only have to pay him a few months of his jacked up salary rather than a whole seasons worth!

18. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

May 14, 2007
    Edison, NJ
    Don't talk to me about turf-toe, Reyna had a hamstring injury tonight. Let me type that a second time: a hamstring injury. You can't expect anyone - DP or not - run around out there with that kind of injury. Angel's injuries were minor except for the concussion he sustained tonight.

You got to see Vide and Mathis in there tonight for a majority of the game and the Red Bulls still lost.

19. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, the oft injured Reyna is, what a surprise, injured again. I hope that Arena has him back next year so he can prove to me, an everyone else who thinks he's s**t, how wrong we really are:rolleyes:. Also, for DP money, we need someone in the midfield who plays like Shalrie Joseph did tonight. We have Vide, Dema and Stammler. All three can play as well as Reyna did the other day. Dissenting opinion??? Lots of Reyna apologist here. I just don't understand how what needs to be done is not obvious to every single one.

20. nathoue

nathoue New Member

Apr 7, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    captain america my ***:mad:

21. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY Ukraine
    so turf-toe is a major injury??

Reyna has been out most of the time with turf-toe for our other games. Poor Reyna, im surprised he doesnt get injured going to the bathroom.

With Mathis in, we actually started getting shots on goal..and guess what even Mathis got a shot off on goal. TWICE. Thats more times than we have seen Reyna pass the ball up the field.

The question is, is Reyna worth DP money and a DP slot and I think most of us will agree that he is worth neither.

He should pack up and limp home, he has been a disgrace.

22. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    Reyna needs to retire.

23. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

You're missing the point. The rubric for a top-tier player is whether his presence improves the team, not whether players who take his place don't suck.

Put another way: if this is the best argument in support of Reyna, he needs to go.

24. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    How long is he signed for?

25. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

His contract still goes through next season, after that I'm not sure.

In any case, any discussion about looking for ways to dump his contract is most welcome this offseason.