Get FSW Report OFF THE AIR!

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Eggy, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Absolutly crap show. The highlights are nice but the presenters are absolute morons. If I want to hear stupid Canadians talk out their ass I'll watch some Mike Meyers special on TV.

That silly cow cannot pronounce the names of anything right. Molineux Stadium is not pronounced Mow-Luh-New.

She butchered Dugarry's name to where I didn't know who they were talking about.

I'd rather watch match highlights with muzak than listen to these maple-syrup making idots host a show.

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    interesting..... I highly and completely and utterly disagree.... but interesting....

3. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Butchering the pronunciation of every other name is hardly a reason to stop the show.

Heck, you can enjoy the first half-hour of higlights and be drunk by the second if you make a decent drinking game out of it.

4. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get the feeling that you are holding back... tell us how you really feel.

Hey, it beats Sportscenter.

5. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with this guy 100% !!!!

What this country needs is LESS SOCCER ON TV!!!!

To hell with it! I say if they can't handle the correct Francais pronounciation of obscure Canadian stadiums, then TO HELL WITH THEM!!!!!

Bloody peasants. I'd rather just watch more NASCAR highlights than be insulted by having to watch MLS highlights with BAD ANNOUNCERS.

Let's start a petition: Dear FOX: We wish you'd just take this God-cursed crap OFF THE AIR!!!

What a genius.

6. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dang, you beat me to it. Heh

Besides, even "proper" footy commentators (read: English ones) regularly massacred the pronuncation of Frank LeBoeuf's name

7. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moved to the FSW forum.

It's there for a reason.

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I do get upset when they butcher the names but I guess you gotta live with it. I was particually upset when good ole Jermey St. Louis kept calling NZ All Black player Tana Umaga by the literal pronunciation when the correct pronunciation is OOH-MAN-GA.

9. WolverHamster

WolverHamster New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Keep FSW Report on the air!

Gee Eggy, you are complaining about pronunciation on the FSWR and you can't even spell "absolutely" correct.
    I think the little resources that they have and where they are located in the world, they do a great job on that show showing all the soccer highlights and international sports.
    About the pronunciation, people everywhere have different ways of saying different words all the time... some people call it ketchup, others call is "ketsup", "toe-mato" or "ta-mato"..... it's all the same thing, just said a little different.
    Keep up the good work FSWR!!! And don't listen to guys like Eggy, they don't know what they are talking about, or typing about.

10. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know you didn't just call my girl a cow. :mad:

Mow-Luh-New is the correct way to pronounce it even if that is not how they do it England.

11. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a great show.

Whoever wants to get THAT show off the air should just stop watching it and shut the hell up (pardon my French).

12. SoccerNova2009

SoccerNova2009 New Member

Aug 19, 2000
    probably at a bar
    Possibly the most idiotic post I have read in some time. We have a channel that is almost exclusive soccer and all some people do is complain. Support FSW or you might just get your wish and it just might be OFF THE AIR!

FSW is doing a great job, enjoy Report while it is here. As well as the announcers (Max and Allen in particular are excellent.)

Your post did do one thing though it made me send a note to FSW to say 'good job' and also to Commcast to tell them that FSW is the only reason I have their digital service.

13. Fah Que

Fah Que Member

Sep 29, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I have absolutely no problem if they pronounce everything in the North American way. The problem is that they make unsuccessfully attempts to adapt foreign pronouciation and they end up doing it half way in between.

14. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Then how did you know they were talking about Dugarry?

15. Ty_Tanium

Ty_Tanium New Member

Sep 17, 2003
    Canada
    Take a Walk

So much anger in the world...as a person who has communicated with the people on that show, I can tell you they are doing the best they can. They have 15-20 idiots like this guy telling them how to properly pronounce names and then all they do is catch crap via email or on these boards when they even try - at least they're making an effort!! And you know what? They come back for more every day and I for one have a lot of respect for that - and so I grant them space to make mistakes.

Ever see soccer hilites on Sportscenter? Ever watch a Champions League game on ESPN? Get those commentators off the air first before you even TOUCH my soccer show!!

The Fox Sportsworld Report is the only daily soccer show of its kind in North America - and many of us know they do it on a shoe string budget. If it was to be done on ESPN or any other sports entity - it would cost too much....that's why it hasn't been done!

So quit whining about it and embrace it for what it is - unique, not perfect and put together with care and as much attention to detail as they can muster - or just turn the channel and shut up.

16. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Amen, Ty_Tanium - I'll take Joe, Jer & Michelle with all their faults over those preening self-promoters on Sportscenter.

17. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    Re: Take a Walk

And yet they pay Michelle Lissell enough that she can look so chic. Or are women's fashions less expensive in Canada than in the States? Kind of like prescription drugs?

18. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Haven't you read the Michelle Lissell thread? Apparantly, keeping Michelle looking hot is a major priority for the show. It's good to see that the producers understand their audience so well. :)

19. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    Excuse me. Are you asking me if I've read the Swissell Thread?

20. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I apologize, I didn't realize it was you. But, then, why would you question Lissell's wardrobe budget? Unless, that is, you wish she was forced to wear what she wore to the ............................. Grocery Store???!!!!!

21. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like it's impossible to satisfy everyone. Yeah, email them and let them know they need some pronounciation lessons from Bobby McMahan but to take the whole show off the air for that? C'mon.

Besides, my biggest beef is how they always spell Ipswich, Ispwich. But I can over look that for an hour of coverage of sports not called Basketball, Football or Baseball.

22. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    And that Max-Moore guy who used to play for Everton.

23. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or Juan Pablo An-gil.

24. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Cut it to a half-hour. Often the second half is simply a repeat of stuff from the first. But don't take it off.

25. da_cfo

da_cfo New Member

Apr 19, 2003
    San Francisco CA
    30 minutes on weekdays and 60 minutes on weekends would make the most sense.