Gerrard's negotiations with Liverpool stalled!!!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Real Madrid rocks!, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KopThat!

KopThat! Red Card

Aug 16, 2004
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Hey Oscar, nothing wrong with what I wrote. As of now, Gerrard has made it clear he wants nothing more to do with LFC and is off. When he was Liverpool through and through he was worshipped. That has changed as of today. The difference is, Liverpool fans don't hate a player one week then love him the next and take turns depending on the mood and what result happened at the weekend. Gerrard will be loathed FOREVER now and that's it. :D

2. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    mascherano is moving to some1 else anyway
    as for gerrard i cant see it going over 30m
    they rejected the 32m before it was decided he was leaving. who wants an unhappy player?

3. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    despite being the captain bringing us the bes club trophy in the world, you realy are loyal!

4. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Real Madrid please sign Gerrard, I'd like to seem him play for Real Madrid and a 4th English player to play for them :)

5. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yeah, I forgot that in my Football Manager update Mascherano turned from non-EU to Italian passport (really sucked when I thought I had my maximum, it showed that Mascherano was non "foreign"....man, I could have had another non-EU player in my team! :D ) Essien is still non-EU, but that shouldn't matter with both Carlos and Ronaldo turning Spanish and Samuel probably leaving us.

I'll make a call to the makers of the English dictionary, that they should change the definition of "loyal", and while they're at it also change the meaning of "all the time" to something as "hmmm, whenever it pleases us really".

6. Zoltar60

Zoltar60 New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    I read today that Sacchi said there was never such an agreement in place. Just paper talk. Hope he comes here, but I've got a feeling he'll go to Chelsea. There's been talk in England about him not wanting to move abroad. No quotes though, so probably just speculation.

7. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I'd really like to see a midfield with 2 wingers (Joaquín on the right and Reyes on the left preferably) and 2 box to box midfielders in the middle, like Gerrard, Ballack, Essien, Guti, Gravesen and so on...
    I think in todays game there are little room for the classic #10. Also there are few players capable of playing that position. I can think of Ronaldinho and Kaká playing that position efficiently - other players there will just be wasteful! Zidane used to be the best there, he's not anymore! We have talked about his successor, but none realistically comes to mind. I say we take the consequense of that and start playing with 2 central midfielders side by side, 2 midfielders that can both defend and attack. The players I mentioned above perfectly fit that bill.

8. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    The Guardian
    wow. i'm pretty surprised that after winning the champions league, being the man in Liverpool, and getting an offer like that from his club that he's decided to go. it can't be about money.

Chelsea's offer is a lot of dough. Liverpool will be reluctant to sell to the strongest team in the premiership but I don't see us bidding higher. If he does come, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone (i.e. Guti) moving in the other direction - although I'm not sure how Benitez rates Guti.

:D Benitez, don't listen to him! You need another central defender!

9. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    nah, a move for guti by l'pool could be possible in the opposite direction, but it looks that chelsea is gerrard's 1 target according to the press, so we should focus on robinho

10. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Your argument is illogical. He is saying Liverpool fans are loyal to their players. I do not see how that comment conflicts with his change of opinion in regards to Gerrard who has betrayed the club and will in the very near future be an ex-Liverpool player.
    That case and the one of supporters opinions changing by the week is clerly and vastly different.

11. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Apparently not, seeing as Gerard is still a Liverpool player. And could still be for this coming season, and untill his contract expires, if Liverpool don't sell him.

Wait, you do not see how his *change of opinion* (which changed for the negative, just saying because the obvious has to be spelled out apparently) conflicts against "At Anfield he is worshipped all the time by our loyal supporters"?

That's weird ;)

Indeed, this time the opinion changed in a day.

12. LFCfan

LFCfan New Member

Dec 19, 2004
    You guys have ripped us off in the past, i wouldn't be surprised if pile of shite Samuel ended up here!! :(

To be honest now i don't care where he ends up, i just hope we get more than 30m.

BTW, any news on where Figo might end up going?

13. slidingtackleCOM

slidingtackleCOM New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    More than 30 mill? More like 40 mill. Gerrard is one of the worlds best midfielders with age on his side, if Zidane can go for £47 million a few years back then Gerrard can go for £40 mill.

14. Iberian

Iberian Member

Jun 10, 2004
    New Jersey, USA
    I see Real Madrid making an offer for Gerrard very soon. Chelsea is reported to have made one for 47 mill. which has been refused. This means that Liverpool is not interested in selling to another Premier team:

a. Watching Gerrard play against them would look pretty bad.

b. Liverpool needs to fix the midfield after he leaves, I am sure that they would prefer to solve both problems with the same shot: sending Gerrard far away and at the same time reinforcing their midfield. For this, it would be preferrable to do it all at the same time.

Take into account that the coach is Benitez, who knows Spanish soccer and the players well, particularly those from Real Madrid when he was involved with the youth ranks....and the best placed club for Gerrard is.....Real Madrid.

The question now is, who will go. Logic tells me it will be Guti and another from the cantera (Mejia or Juanfran) + money, no more than 25-30mill. Or maybe Guti + (surprise), Owen or Gravesen. Gravesen would reinforce the mid greatly, and Real takes Garcia and Gerrard, so it may be enough (even though I'd rather keep Gravesen, he deserves it), and if it was Guti + Owen, guess what, Liverpool looses one symbol and recovers another, so no harm done. For this though Real would probably much rather close Robihno before (maybe this is what they are waiting for). Somehow I can't get Guti out of this equation though, and I am shivering thinking about Guti next to Xavi Alonso with Morientes and Luis Garcia ahead of them. I want Gerrard though. He is he AM we need.

15. bracer028

bracer028 Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I can smell gerrard wearing a siemens mobile shirt!!! YAH

16. Takkie

Takkie Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

47 million? :eek:

17. echineko

echineko New Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Malaysia
    without any unforseen problems, gerrard arriving at madrid would be a significant boost to real's squad. but the way things are i dont really see that happening. somehow i dont really think madrid want to get into a bidding war with abramovich, and if thats what it comes to, gerrard will surely head for stamford bridge.

right now, the only possibility, to me, is if he himself actually wants to come the bernebeu, with the transfer fee and salary possibly being less than what chelsea would be willing to pay. the england factor, i dont know how significant it is, if here he could join owen and beckham, at chelsea there's terry and lampard, among others. all in all, this is something else i won't get my hopes up for until i actually see the formal presentation, as with robinho.

and i agree with iberian, if this does go down, i'd rather see guti go(with him finally getting the playing time he deserves, which he probably wont at madrid) than gravesen(who's done really well, and deserves to stay if he wants to). still, there's a long way from stories in the press to actually happening. if nothing else, the viera circus before has taught me that.

18. Johnlong

Johnlong New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    It is being reported today 1.15 am in the morning here in the English papers that Madrid have lodged a £35 Million bid.

Liverpool would rather sell him to Madrid for £35 Million than to Chelsea for £40 Million/£45 Million.

If Gerrard has any sense too he will leave England and not disrespect Liverpool by playing for another English team.If Madrid are willing to pay around £35 Million i think he is a Madrid player in the next week.

19. 10_Ronaldinho_10

10_Ronaldinho_10 New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Isla Macacos
    Which papers!!!!!!!!!!!?

20. Zoltar60

Zoltar60 New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Any Links?

21. centrino

centrino Red Card

Jul 5, 2005
    better in spain than in england.
    much more sun and less rain. plus, he owen and becks can form the alliance of the 'incredible 3' and head off to hollywood in a few years time.

22. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    No chance in hell Gravesen would want to go to Liverpool. Real should just give Gravesen back to Everton. At least it would make some people on the Merseyside happy.

23. 10_Ronaldinho_10

10_Ronaldinho_10 New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Isla Macacos
    What are you talking about? Gravesen, leave? No, no, no, he doesn't deserve that, he deserves to stay at Madrid for a long time. Gravesen shouldn't be involved in any speculation or any transfer fees 'cause he's the main reason why we finished the season so well. I say that if we have to give up Gravesen to bring Gerrard, we better let him go to Chelsea. Who is Gerrard now? He's a genius, we all agree on that, but he hasn't done anything for Madrid yet (obviously because he doesn't play for us) and he shouldn't be a priority over a player like Gravesen who brought balance to us.
    I'm not saying that he should be with any doubt in the starting eleven, all I'm saying is that he should stay with us because he deserves it.
    That said, I say that we give up Guti or Figo. Now yes, you are probably thinking; "What is this idiot saying? First he says that we shouldn't give up Gravesen who is new in our squad and now he says that we should give Figo or Guti, someone that has given so much to Madrid and someone else who is our second captain?"
    Well, yes, of course you're thinking that but my answer is that Figo likes Liverpool and wouldn't mind joining them if they pay him what he gets at Madrid, plus he is not in Luxa's first plans. And Guti has stated his desire of leaving Madrid many times this end of season. I think that two great players like they are deserve to be in a first team and they would sure command a place in L'pool's first team.

24. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    If Solari is leaving already, we shouldn't go pushing out many more players out.

By the way, on Solari leaving....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I really don't want anyone in particular leaving until they proove they suck

Oh wait Pavon aleady did that. :)

25. HalaMAdridHala

HalaMAdridHala New Member

Oct 21, 2004
    I think there is no discussion on gerrard since gerrard is ready to accept the liverpool improved offer.