"Gerrard for United "

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by andrew neave, Nov 28, 2004.

1. andrew neave

andrew neave New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Las Vegas USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Dont you think that if chelsea is going to put in an offer for Gerrard in January, United have to 1/ bid to stop Chelsea getting him, and 2/ he is a great midfield player and he would fit United's needs perfectly taking over from Keane. I think that ManUtd should go for broke, and put in a bid. Hargreaves dosent strike me as any world class player after all this time, I just cant belive Mr clark, that Liverpool would let him go, what do you think?

2. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    1. We can't afford him.

2. He'd choose Chelsea over us. He's not going to disrespect Liverpool's fans by hopping over to United when he could play for Chelsea.

3. Buy a video game. He plays for Man Utd in all of my save games :).

3. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    We did that - and got Wayne Rooney. It's asking quite a lot of the club to sign two superstars in the same season (but I wouldn't complain!)

4. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    I can't really see why he'd go to Chelsea from Liverpool? Ok so they're top right now, but I still think they're pretty ordinary apart from Robben. The last time they won the league was 1950 or something, they have a small stadium, and does the owner really care about the club? Liverpool have much more history etc. The only reason to me would be money. Basically Chelsea aren't standing on anything apart from being top of the league, so early. Chelsea aren't considered a top European side like: Madrid, Juve, Barcelona, Manutd, Liverpool. I'd put all these and Arsenal above Chelsea.

2c

5. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Gerrard to Manure? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

6. Acronym

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    That's not really correct, they have cash in bank, the only thing is they want keep player wages in-line with turnover.

7. Acronym

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]nice one goat rapist.[/font]

8. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Gerrard isnt good enough and will never get the chance tiojoin United.

9. dtunam

dtunam New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Scunthorpe,England
    How about we put in a bid for Shaun Wright-Phillips, he's immense & young, we can keep him 4 ages & nobody seems interested in him..Sam

10. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Say what?!?! :confused: Isn't good enough???

11. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Stevie G is better than any player Manure have. He would walk in to their team without breaking a sweat.

12. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Excuse me? I'd much rather have Cristiano Ronaldo in my team. He's better than all our central midfielders yeah.

13. BillyManutd

BillyManutd New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC
    I don't think Gerrard will sign for Chelsea. Chelsea has Makelele and Lampard in central midfield, he won't get playing time there. While if he moves to United he is almost guaranteed of a spot in the starting XI when Keane retires.

14. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    If he goes anywhere it would be to Chelsea barring a personal choice of going to United. Chelsea just have too much money to put down on the table.

Gerrard though seems set to stay, IMO. his team is a CL team, they have had a serious spate of injuries and have not really replaced Owen, but are certianly not a small market team. He could have left easily last year bt stayed. MY thought is he wants to give t a good go there and maybe Liverpool will develop into a giant again. If not then i see him leaving.

15. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Why would Gerrard resign just a few months ago if he's planning on leaving in Jan? No way...

16. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Hilarious stuff. Stevie Gerrard is so much beter than C Ronaldo it's a joke. Stevie is a better passer, better crosser, better tackler, better positionally, more versitile and a better headerer of the ball. To even compare C Ron, who has only had a handful of great games for Manure over a season an half, to Stevie G, is an insult to Gerrard's greatness.

17. Acronym

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    nice one cheeseburger

18. Kavster

Kavster New Member

May 16, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    Ahem, EXCUSE YOU?!?!?!

IIRC, Gerrard can play centre midfield ONLY (OK he plays left or England, but lets be honest, he sucks out there). Ronaldo, he can play left, centre or on the right; as an attacker (off the front or alongside the frontman) or in midfield...

Better crosser, aside from two crosses to Owen a lil while ago (one for 'pool and one for england), i cant remember many decent crosses by Gerrard, it might be because i dont watch many 'pool games, but none stick in my mind even when i just watch the highlights.

Funny how it just spills out Mikey...

19. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No, excuse you..

Stevie Gerrard is a far better crosser. He can cross from almost anywhere, and is very accurate. C Ron's crossing is very hit and miss, although it is getting better. And there no debate to have about which player is more versitile, Stevie Gerrard can play in at least 8 different positions, unless C Ron can match that, you have no leg to stand on.

20. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Now take your face off of 'Stevie G's ' nuts for a moment and think. Gerrard is a midfield general, no doubting that but when it comes to attacking teams, they're miles apart. Ronaldo is what? 5 years younger than Gerrard? When Gerrard was impressing the prem Ronaldo was in the damn Sporting youth system, what you trying to prove? When Ronaldo toughens up more and improves his distribution he will be damn near unstoppable. Like Thierry Henry unstoppable. Like Ronaldinho unstoppable.

Now lets compare what each do best.

Gerrard: Pinpoint passes from midfield, great height, great strength, great engine and leadership. Better crosser than Ronaldo? Put down the crack pipe. Better tackler? Of course he is, he is a defensive minded midfielder, it's what he does. The occassional barnstorming run from midfield and a rocket shot.

Ronaldo: He's younger, therefore he will continue to improve in all areas of his game. His passing will improve. His crosses sometimes are brilliant, sometimes they're ordinary. I can't remember a single cross from Gerrard. I can think of a cross from Ronaldo that was so fricken perfect last season for VN to head into the net. This means he has the ability to cross well, he just needs more practice.

He's not a central midfielder although he can play there. He's not a good tackler simply because it's not his damn job to do so, although he does have the decency to come back and defend. He can single handedly rip defenses apart with his unpredictability. He can single handedly rip defenses apart with his dribbling. He can single handedly rip defenses apart with his pace. He can head the ball well. He entertains the fans. He can score from long distance as well as in and around the box, Sir Alex just doesn't have him doing that job. He's really a forward, but Sir Alex has him playing the wings, therefore he's made to be an attacker yet he excells in the wings constantly. That means he has a natural ability to score goals and hit good shots, which will also improve with age. Not to mention he can play anywhere in midfield except as a defensive minded midfielder, the same role Gerrard is made to play.

Ronaldo>Gerrard, get it straight.

21. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    FVCK MANCHESTER UNITED. And fvck whoever started this thread. Fvck you.

22. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    What's this? Somebody called for backup from the Liverpool forum? Too boring eh, yeah I know. Thanks for helping us today, shows you are usefull for something.

23. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Well said mate, spot on, but try and call them Manure.

24. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Complete load of nonsense. You don't actually even make any points, you just go on some deluded ramble about how C Ron will become as good as Henry and Ronaldinho which is ludicrous.

25. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    As a neutral, I'd take Gerrard over Cronaldo in a second.
    Whoever said Gerrard won't go to Chelsea because we have too many central midfielders must have completely missed the formation we're playing today. Tell you what; this summer, when we come in with another offer for Gerrard, you can keep Cronaldo.