Germany's Quest to Not Embarrass Itself, the WC26+NL24-25 Thread

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, May 21, 2024.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -LOL what a clown.

Havertz was also a terrible CF at WC22 as well. Like we never learn.

-LOL, a 40 y/o Neuer at WC26=NONESENSE.

-Leon Goretzka is unlikely to be called up by Julian Nagelsmann even after Toni Kroos' retirement. Nagelsmann wants to continue with the same style of play and is looking to replace Kroos with a similar type of midfielder. The coaching staff see Aleksandar Pavlović, Angelo Stiller and Pascal Groß as suitable candidates. Kimmich is to stay at right-back

Gross should be a back up, focus on younger options.

saj7866 and Ator repped this.
  2. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nagelsmann's insistence of Havertz and Neuer's decision to keep being the GK despite being past it really piss me off.

I don't want to live past the year 2033, which means I have exactly two more chances at witnessing Germany winning a Euro. Please do not rob me of witnessing such an event.

Ger90 and saj7866 repped this.
  3. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What’s the issue with Neuer extending? If he continues to be reliable then I am fine with him playing for NT…

lamcam, Ger90 and saj7866 repped this.
  4. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Surely it's common sense. A peak 32 year old over a declining 40 years old. Neuer is becoming selfish

Ger90 and BVBFNM repped this.
  5. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol. What's happening after year 2033?

dips82 and Ger90 repped this.
  6. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I'll be 45 years old by that time, and I wanna die young, though based on how long my grandparents lived I'm afraid I won't get my wish.

saj7866 and Ger90 repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope we play Neuer for next 40 years, who doesn't want a GK who plays with a walking stick and with a head full of white hair!!!!

saj7866 and BVBFNM repped this.
  8. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nah bud. Were all going to witness the dominance of the German national team for decades to come!

BVBFNM repped this.
  9. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I was genuinely curious about this question, because it seemed odd that Nagelsmann could take Germany from dogshit to the top 2 at the Euros in just 9 months - yet not realise that Havertz is garbage and he should start Füllkrug right?

Or just maybe - Nagelsmann is cleverer about this than us, and does the best with what he has.

When you look into that tactical stuff in detail, it's quite clear why Nagelsmann only likes Fülle for the last 20-30 mins of the game.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what exactly is clever anyways??? You make it seem like he's the 1st ever coach to play him at CF.

yeah soooooooooooooooooo clever that at one point played him at LB, LOL.

A CF who can't finish, who's movement is overall poor, who has 0 presence in box, who doesn't dominate any Ds and can go on and on is useless and we won't go far with him.

and to be clear I've been saying since we got eliminated by Spain, that I'm 100% sure we will continue with Havertz even with the flopping, these coaches are all predictable, LOL.

Muller follows Kroos and is done.

PierreLittbarski and BVBFNM repped this.
  11. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Right but if this is all so obvious, why can't Nagelsmann see it?

dips82 and saj7866 repped this.
  12. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It will be intresting to see how Arsenal use Havertz. Will he continue to lead the line or play a different role. I see no logic in playing Havertz as the focal point. His chance conversion rate is poor, which brings added pressure to the rest.

If it weren't for musiala and wirtz goals, Naglesmann would have been in for a lot of stick.

dips82, BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    because Flick also couldn't see it because Low also couldn't see numerous things.

these coaches all have biases and are all stubborn too.

its clear Nagelsmann wants that false 9 player who can link up and cares more about that then having a real CF.

imagine being
    "I trust a player to lead the line who scored 0 goals (yeah 2 PKs drawn by someone else don't count) to lead us to WC glory."

also Havertz only scored in WC22 when he was playing off Fullkrug as well.

Havertz is already one of Germany's worst ever CF in a tourney, didn't impress in back to back tourneys. A Better and more dominant CF XI and we would have beaten Spain too.

can't wait for the wave of next gen CFs to emerge as serious options to relegate Havertz to the bench....:whistling:. Hopefully this happens MAX EC28.

saj7866 and BVBFNM repped this.
  14. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    #114 The Jitty Slitter, Jul 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2024
    Havertz doesn't play as false 9. If you think that then it's a pointless discussion in the first place. There's nothing to suggest Nagelsmann wants a false 9. He wants to be super direct with the ball going straight to the front guys in the channel or coming short - that is why he doesn't start Fülle

saj7866 repped this.
  15. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    It seems like they'll continue on because there is no better striker that they can buy right now. They scored 91 goals last season and basically look for goals all along the line and deep into the squad. I think they'll buy a left winger who can score and maybe a backup striker who might come good. But like Nagelsmann, they have the same issue that there are not many top 9s around.

His career conversion rate is fine. He probably does not shoot enough for a 9

Right but that was the whole point - the team was optimised for those guys. The real miss is no goals from the wing - maybe Gnabry will help on that.

saj7866 repped this.
  16. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's my point. Havertz lack of Goals put the other attackers under more pressure.
    Surely moving forward, he cannot have a free pass. If Naglesmann persists with him then he has to do more.

BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    false 9 or hybrid or whatever point is he's not a CF even if he's positioned there. He's show nothing at that position and I don't care about Arsenal either. Even if you want to go by Arsenal, he didn't impress whatsoever in CL.

while the same Fullkrug your negative towards had bigger difference maker role than Havertz+Kane in making BVB reach a rare CL final. Not only that but he hit the post in final vs Real and also hit post vs Spain showing that he's always super super close in scoring.

BVBFNM repped this.
  18. rj123

rj123 Member+

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think you are correct with Nagelsman expectation of Havertz. However, I think Havertz failed in this role and didn't bring enough to the attacking 4. One comment I heard about Nagelsman is that he gave everyone roles at the start of the tournament, so everyone understood who will be playing and who will be on the bench. It was an attempt to get the team focussed on his tactics and the fact that the team has not been playing under his guidance long enough to accept their roles.

Obviously with the retirement of Kroos and Gundogan probably too old for WC26 he will have to retool the team. See the BFW article I posted recently for probable starting 11s.

dips82, The Jitty Slitter and BVBFNM repped this.
  19. PierreLittbarski

1. FC Köln
    Germany
    Sep 9, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Havertz at Bayer was 5'10. Perfect hip flexibility and balance, then he got a growth spurt and is now a lanky 6'4 CF/SS, who you can only play in the midfielder role when you are chasing a game , meaning he can't run or move properly. This is not talked about enough. Kia is prime example of a growth spurt ********ing with they way your limb moves on football. He had one at 15 and needed alot of time to get used to his new height than had another one during his leverkusen days which shot him up to 6'4 which made him almost bambi on ice at times.
    Havertz had a good second half of a season,and then a great two months at CF towards the end to the season. Fullkrug missed to many chances as well ,has to score one of the those. Hope the Dutch win tonight, can not support England in the Final. Since i really dislike Spain.

The Jitty Slitter and saj7866 repped this.
  20. PierreLittbarski

1. FC Köln
    Germany
    Sep 9, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Think next season will be Thomas ,last at Bayern.

21. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Same here. Hoping for a Dutch win. If it's a England v Spain final, I'm going to have to swallow the bitter pill and back England. No way we can have Spain winning their 4th Euro title.

As for Havertz and Fullkrug debate, surely if Fullkrug got the same backing as Havertz, then I'm sure he would flourish. Its much more difficult to continue to having to prove your place in the side.

BVBFNM repped this.
  22. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I agree mostly on that. I think his allround play was excellent which is what kept him in the side. But he did underperform his XG by quite a bit over the 5 games. But let's remember, that in the game where Germany was eliminated, his chances were exactly the same as Füllkrug - and neither scored. Germany didn't really create enough for either 9 to expect a goal.

Agreed - i think this is why it was so successful. Everyone did their job

I think the old man slow midfield was actually the biggest issue with this side.

23. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Heheheheh. From a football POV, I have no quarrel whatsoever with England, but I don't trust them to win trophies, especially with a trophy dodger such as Kane as their captain.

saj7866 repped this.
  24. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Sure you can make arguments for him

What I am getting at is the guy who just took Germany back to the peak of euro football in 9 months probably isn't a clown.

I think you have the idea that you can just start Füllkrug at 9 and the team will play just as well - but as we saw with him for 60 mins, tactically it is completely different when he is on

25. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I don't consider the QFs peak. It's the bare minimum.

saj7866 repped this.