Germany's Keeper for WC 2006?

Discussion in 'Germany' started by rivers, Nov 4, 2004.

1. rivers

rivers New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Canada
    With the latest Kahn blunder (Wednesday versus Juventus) the debate has come up again, who will start Kahn or Lehmann? Having witnessed Lehmann make just as many mistakes as Kahn I am wondering if Germany is even considering someone else, aka Timo Hidelbrand. Any thoughts on someone else starting for Germany in '06 besides Lehmann or Kahn?

2. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Never happen, but Oliver should take a hiatus from the national team for at least a year. Hildebrand will be getting some playing time.

3. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Enke is playing quite good, him being an option for national team was even mentioned by DSF...

4. shutoutj

shutoutj New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Rome, Georgia
    1.Hildebrand
    2.Wiese
    3.Someone else

5. mrsinister

mrsinister New Member

Aug 5, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Give Hildebrand a chance already!

Best senario: He's hungry and performs brilliantly.

Worst senario: He's a bottler and disgraces the NT with a howler or two. But then again, we can expect the same fate with Kahn (guaranteed ;)) and very likely with Lehmann as well in the goal. So what is there to lose???!!!

6. Power_of_foot

Power_of_foot Red Card

May 28, 2004
    I would not choose Khan neither Lehman.
    I would choose someone else

7. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The pressure Klinssman has put on both Kahn and Lehmann by saying they are the top 2 choices and in 06 he will decide which is number 1 is having a very bad effect on both of them i must admit. Klinssman should give them both a break from the national team or tell them who's the number 1. In my opinion Hildebrand should be number 1.

8. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    As Dead Fingers said, it won't happen, but if it were up to me Hildebrand would def. start. And as Kahn wouldn't sit on the bench Klinsmann would need another back-up goalie. Wiese, Enke, Jentzsch etc. Germany has just one position where it hasn't got a problem at all....goalies.

9. GN'R

GN'R New Member

Sep 1, 2004
    hildebrand seems to be the best choice, but i say RENSING for 2006 :D

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Indeed but it seems it is Germany's biggest falling, simply that it is impossible to drop Kahn even if he doesn't deserve a place.

11. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    I agree about Rensing probably being the most talented of them all but he shouldn't play in the NT as long as he is in the 3rd league and as long as Kahn is the No 1 in Munich he won't get to play in the Bundesliga.

I'm postitively surprised about Enke, after having to endure one of the worst goalkeepers the Bundesliga had ever seen in Tremmel.
    Ziegler was an improvement but Enke has been absolutely spectacular this year, I have yet to see him make a mistake!

Timo made at least three bad mistakes in the Bundesliga too this year, it's difficult to tell who sould be the No 1.
    I just never want to see Lehmann as the No 1 keeper!

12. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i have been saying this for nearly two years...

if hildebrand is not the germany keeper at 2006, something is very wrong

13. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    Normally I never agree with jonam.

But this time he's not wrong.