PBP: Germany vs. Serbia | June 18th | Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Kirsten19, Jun 15, 2010.

1. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am a German born American and a huge German fan. What I hate most about most German fans is the negativity always present in the German soccer.

I see the Germans crushing Guana,

Getting thru the 16's albiet a possible tough match against the U.S.A. (no hand balls by Germany this time)

Beating Argentina again!!!! (Even if it takes a penalties)

A semifinal victory!

The World Cup will this year go to Germany!!!

Who is with me????

2. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my question is... with Kroos having one hell of a year at Leverkusen AND Muller having one hell of a season up top for Bayern and showing some glances at that the last few matches. has there been talks, or any thought by the German coaching staff to possibly toss Kroos out on the flank and Muller up top? with how well rounded offensively Marin/Ozil/Muller/Kroos are, they could all fill voids and make runs for each other. i think it could work, but then again that is why i am asking you guys... thoughts?

3. HerrRupert

HerrRupert BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 4, 2005
    madras
    na i would give badstuber another go boateng is to card prone

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Agree:D

But i also agree with equilibrium, never seen a german player specially in internationals strike such poor PK, from the start his body language and positioning gave it away..to make things worse..it wasent even a solid jaw breaking strike to perhaps force its way in with pressure!
    Man i still remember the likes of our great lothar,Effenberg Andy brehme littbarski, thon...etc
    But lothar did miss a PK when it mattered the most..german cup final against FC Hollywood :(

www.fotobahn

5. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1984 bitches, and then he moved straight to them. bastard

6. |)ieRoten

|)ieRoten New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah sounds like it could work to me. Only problem would be that we have no aerial presence in attack, but with Marin, Ozil, Muller, and Kroos on the pitch at the same time we'd have plenty of creativity to make up for it. Mertesacker is all the height we need for set pieces :p

7. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    when has Spain ever had an aerial presence? :p plus i think you guys will be fine with Khedira, Mertesacker, etc

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh well thank god my saddest moment was not that, the return leg away to real madrid..and the suspension of the mythical gladbach spielfuhrer in that game Herr Bruns:(

But i still remember how we DESTROYED Those wealthy sissies in Rhine stadion 5-1 , Don Jupp commented after game..."for 90 min we delivered and played Above footballing standards of the entire world"

9. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Podolski strikes everything poorly - not just the 11m

Even his goal in the first match he lashed virtually straight at the keeper - he was lucky on that when he had the whole goal to look at.