Germany vs. Mexico Confed 3rd Place [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by SirManchester, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    Congratulations on your victory.

I didn't see the game, but i've heard both teams played really good.

i just couldn't bear having to see the mexican defense all wrecked. we were missing about 5 or 6 players, day had a 1 day rest form a 120 minute game and I just didn't see how we could pull it off, but it seems that the back players handled it pretty well against Germany to get a dignified result.

I'm looking forward to a re-match during the world cup.
    I feel better about losing to you guys than what i did when we lost to the argentinian cheaters. bye and we might see each other at the final next year. :D

2. jackess

jackess New Member

Jun 23, 2005
  3. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what language is it?

4. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1. I think asamoah brings good things to the team.

2. Brdaric is because Klose is hurt. And Klose is better than Kuranyi, Hanke, Asamoah, Brdaric, and i think Klinsi will put Klose befor Poldi to. Klose has games in the WM already.

5. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Poldi is going to be #1. He's just the best. Quality matters not experience. Also I'm not so sure if Klose is better than Kuranyi. But then again, his headers are just perfect.

7. basel90

basel90 New Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Denver USA
    I cannot imagine Asamoah beingh ahead of any of the others , he was one of the worst offensive players in this tournament
    I am weary of the bad substitutions that Klinsmann put yesterday , removing Boldi , Schweinsteiger and Deisler at the late stages of the game is very dangerous and the things is that the subs were not better by any stretch.
    I have no idea why he did not try Brdaric, Owonmyela or Borowski in this tournament either. This reminds me of Voller when he stuck with Janker in WC 2002 until he was convinced he is not the man by the quarter finals !!!

8. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Klinsmann is still trying to look at different players.

Don't forget this tournament ultimately means nothing.......

Also, I doubt Bayern and Koln would have appreciated it if Klinsi got any of their star players hurt trying to win a third place match in a tournament that again, ultimately means absolutely nothing.......

Klinsi knows what Owomoyela can do already. From what I'm hearing, Klinsmann doesn't like Borowski's supposedly crappy attitude and Brdaric wasn't even supposed to be on the team. Brdaric was only there because Klose got hurt. I doubt Klinisi is seriously considering Brdaric in any other role than "fill-in" if someone gets hurt before the tournament.

Please don't forget the fact that Klinsi is still trying to get a look at certain players at certain positions and certain situations. I believe that's what guided his personnel decisions in this tournament and please don't forget Germany were still a couple of brilliant Adriano plays from making the final.

And without a doubt, Adriano was the star of this tournament.

9. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    YEa, Adriano was down right SCARY this Confed Cup...the world must be trembling, the world is his right now.

10. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If Parreira starts Ronaldo ahead of Adriano, he's crazy.......

11. Germanshepherd

Germanshepherd New Member

May 19, 2003
    Rostock, Deutschland
    Asamoah isnt what he was at the beginning of the season. I remember Asamoah saying in an interview that Jupp Heynkes was the reason for his brilliant form then, he gave him the fitness he needs. Right now he isnt as powerful as he was. I dont know if it is because of Rangnick, who I still dont rate very highly, or because of a long season.
    Asamaoh on the top of his form will be a sure bet for the World Cup.

Of course, that was me.

12. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Borrowski's got an attitude problem? I didn't know that.

13. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    I like Asamoah, nore he is a Schalker, but he play ( like other players e.g. Ballack ) every game in the NT.

Not importortant how much matches he played before (64 offical it was when I`m right) he give all what he could and did not say I'm off and outpowered.

And that's the rrrrrrright thing how to fight for your country. And he walked by.
    Gerald, fine.

Think only if J. Fischer, crime and ..... Minister had played this position.
    Otto Schilly in defense.
    Schröder in the attack.
    Müntefehring as Libero.
    Mrs. Roth as goalkeeper.
    Bütikiffer as coach.

What a team, the first they do is to let everyboday in, Otto controle it and fouls again the own team. Couse he could not see a difference again the foreigne attacking team.
    Gerhard in front attackts all without a midfield.

In the background Bütikiffer invites all foreign attackes in Germanys box, while Müntefehler explain any reporters during the game we can`t beaten.

Oh 0:1.

Changes coming, Cohn Bendit comes in.

All Attackers (exclude the own) are friendly.
    Insured by an european player. Must out. New player is Vesper ( give russians the bell back in Königsberg, it's 1000 years old - really the the bell is old and a very known story written about/The Bell/, and then his BrainBlitz attacks, "Give them the russians back there owns Königsber over 1.000 years
    Wow, it was over 700 years German, therefore was Prutzen ( Where Prussian come from) and was a present of polish king to the people who save poland from these Prutzens.
    But the Vesper Russians.

0:2

Hans Eichel owns the ground, Oskar L. is out.

Hans collect all glasses and fireworks, possible we could money with it.

While the others have all ten Managers around .

Don't do alot they say them, when you get the Ball you are the here Hero.
    Therewhile (when you get the ball) we make the contratct with new people who have plan how the money works. The mass pay it.

And then we are heroes, what we had played 7 years we tell it at a new idea.
    It will work the next half year.

This satiric things written above are not for the glorious German NT team in the last years, not anyway.

14. Germanshepherd

Germanshepherd New Member

May 19, 2003
    Rostock, Deutschland
    hahaha [​IMG]

So true. :(

15. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    When it stays at this joke it'll funny anyway, but now I read Oskar L. changed from the left defense to the right defense.

The ultra left with right prop. I love my newspaper. They shot one goal after another. Called the WAZ.
    http://www.waz.de
    Read and don't believe it. I can`t.

16. NitroGuy

NitroGuy New Member

Oct 30, 2005
    North America
    " Where can i see this match any?"

17. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I can put the match on torrent. I still have it on my cpu for some reason.

18. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    I'll bring it the on a page to download, it's only a picture, but it`s so funny.
    I`ll ask some friends if I can post it.