Post-match: Germany vs England|June 27|1/8 finals| [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Philipp Lahm, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :D!

2. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and Leverkusen too;)

3. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "England have so many top stars in their squad, they'll always be a part and parcel of the international football scene," Mueller noted.

"There are so many alpha males in the squad and it is difficult to have so many alpha males and roll in the same direction but you don't only need chiefs, you also need Indians, those willing to do hard work - that maybe a problem with England that players aren't mentally prepared to go that extra mile for their team."

Capello has since hinted he will bring in a raft of youngsters to shake-up his underperforming squad, a move Mueller backed.

"I don't know how many youngsters England have got to put through but if there are any they will certainly raise the standard of the team," he said.

"You need to have a team that plays as a team and maybe younger players are more subservient and they do what they are required to do."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2890...-germany-star-thomas-mueller-points-finger-at

4. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, not to be a prick or anything but.... you live in Sao Paulo and yet you support Argentina;)
    Of course, you could be Argentine in which case my apologies:p

5. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol...don't mind that. Last week he was in England, the week before that it said Ghana, before it was Serbia. There is a pattern there. :)

6. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You would think people would catch on when they see this for such a long time.

7. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Relax my friend, I edited both, I just overlooked one freaking thing and that's edited too now. You can finally breathe again.

8. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I talked to many England fans during the WC 2006 and realized very soon that many of them have nothing in common with their shitty & arrogant yellow press (just been watching a replay of the Sunday game on a BBC tape and can't believe to learn that even those commentators are talking nonsense by stating that "at the best 2 German players would make it into the England squad" ...well, this mentality is probably one of the major reasons for their ongoing failure). Really nice, fair and respectful folks (except for a few idiots who started singing the "10 German bombers" crap in front of a pub). You'll probably not find more gracious & fairer fans in defeat than the English, Scottish and Irish.

The problem is that their media continuously overhype their national team ("we must be the best because we have the best domestic league...") ... what ends up in high pressure for the players (they obviously can't cope with) and disappointment for the supporters.

9. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Only that the Manure fans who were so bitter when Bayern knocked them out were not English and SAF was neither English nor Scottish

10. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Where did you watch it? I'd like to see that as well.

It really depends I guess. The English can be extreme at both ends, being hooligans or gentlemen. But I agree that most of them are very sportsmanlike. It's just that I live in a German city with lots of English soldiers and well...sometimes they're a little difficult shall we say...;)

11. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Two very risky back passes to Neuer ... otherwise a top performance in my eyes. I'd give him a 2 or 2,5.

12. ★ ☆ ★

★ ☆ ★ New Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Republic of Vanuatu
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Thank gawd, I held my breath for almost 12 hours.

As for the curious, I live in Singapore; that's in China for the yank folk.

13. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

lol...

14. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, there must be also some Brits who can't take a defeat with grace & fairness ... and the Rangers fan Ferguson surely is one of them.

But those England fans I got to know during the WC 2006 were really nice & fair folks. That's not self-evident when knowing about our rivalry. Apropos rivalry: I think there's a lot of respect for each other despite it or just because of it. Even the yellow press can't destroy that.

15. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    On a friend's tape (his mom is German, the father English).

Same with Germans. Depends on the blood alcohol content. :))

16. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Oh, I thought you saw it somewhere online...too bad ;)

17. ★ ☆ ★

★ ☆ ★ New Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Republic of Vanuatu
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano

When I lived in LA, an American girl thought it was in "Yugoslavia", no joke.

18. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No one will ever beat my experience....my 10th grade history teacher thought I was from Australia when I told him I grew up in Austria!

19. ★ ☆ ★

★ ☆ ★ New Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Republic of Vanuatu
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano

I have an English friend, she went to Boston to study and said she was from the UK... she was asked if they spoke English there. It's almost too comical to be serious really.

20. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I thought being asked if Yugoslavia was in Africa was bad. until I read some of the posts here

21. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Someone from my home state...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGRKTkS7pW8"]YouTube- You Bet Your Life with Marcia Brody (Part 1)[/ame]

22. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So I was told I speak good english for someone who lived in New Zealand....."cos it's not the first language there, right?"

Btw, I used to go through singapore a hell of a lot when I used to travel to Asia. Once went to sentosa, and the cable car that took us there was literally 200 metres off the ground, over harbour, and had one cable loose.

23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When I told people about living in Ecuador they thought it was in Africa, wondered if we lived in huts... :rolleyes:

24. Zullu

Zullu Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Where do you guys find these people??:p

25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion