GERMANY vs ARGENTINA [R]

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by greenlion, Sep 10, 2007.

1. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  2. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Thanks for starting this thread. 2-0 Germany leading now. Ther Argentine keeper has not been good. The first goal was an own goal where the keeper didn't control the ball. The second, the keeper should have moved off her line.

3. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    After the first German goal, Germany has settled down some. In the opening minutes, neither team had any real possession. Germany actually looked on their heels at time. The Argentine keeper does not look good at all. The Germans are letting it rip from all over now that they realize the keeper isn't about anything.

4. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    3-0 Germany leading. Keeper comes off her line at a bad angle making it relatively easy for the German to score after doing well to get in the box by an Argentine defender. Argentina just earned their first corner.

5. drahnier

drahnier Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Sweden
    Wow Argentina is so bad it's embarrassing.

6. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    4-0 Nice goal by Germany. Prinz gets her first from a header in the box after a nice service from the right flank.

7. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Their keeper is horrible. The rest of the team hasn't looked too bad.

8. drahnier

drahnier Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Sweden
    ...the defense on 2-0 and 3-0?

And they've barely gotten into Germanys half, when they do, they just shoot a ridiculous long-shot every time.

9. wambachfan85

wambachfan85 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    i predict 7-0, germany of course.

10. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    The keeper can be blamed for the first three goals. The Prinz goal was quality. The defending hasn't been great, but for the most part they have done their job. Argentina has taken long shots, but they have actually been quality shots that have challenged the keeper some.

11. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    So...the guy in the crowd in the pink shirt leads the clapping for all the white shirts?

12. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Argentina continues to look dangerous in the offensive third as Germany turns the ball over. The turf looks surprisingly bad. The grass has not rooted, causing chunks to come up all over the place.

13. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Prinz has two. Keeper looked indecisive again. Should have stopped a cross from the right again, but allowed it to get to Prinz to finish again.

14. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    HT 5-0 Germany

15. episkeptis

episkeptis New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Manchester
    This is getting really embarrassing, Germany are looking good to score whenever they attack.

16. wallacegrommit

Sep 19, 2005
    For people watching on ESPN2- gads, those Nike commercials are stupid.

17. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    No changes at half?

18. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I refrained from saying the game isn't any more embarrassing than the Americans having to be in those "Greatest Team You've Never Heard Of" Nike commercials...

Wow. The Argentine keeper is horrible.

19. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Wow. 6-0. Keeper should have gotten the initial ball.... Good finish from Germany though.

20. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    It's about time to take Prinz out. She can't get injured for Germany. Germany wants her to be sharp, but she can't get tired or hurt. Nice freekick leading to 7-0. I thought the free kick was going to go in. No defenders came in the box to clean it up and the keeper was left to dry on that one.

21. usa3por2ft

usa3por2ft Member

Oct 15, 2002
    in exile
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Argentina at least started out well organized, but they were done in by poor decisions -- and not just by the keeper.

Germany is quick up the flanks, and Argentina lacks somewhat for pace. They're not as slow as in 2003, but it's still a weakness.

22. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Hat trick by Prinz. 8-0 Service from the left this time.

23. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    I just looked up the result from four years ago and Germany won that game 6-1.

I guess you have to put a lot of the burden on the goalkeeper but at the same time, I find it a little surprising that Germany hasn't really backed off in attack.

24. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    Oh, and thanks for keeping a running thread going.

25. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    If Germany backed off at all, I'm sure Argentina would score. The German midfield has had quite a few turnovers and Argentina has had some creativity and nice shots. I'm sure Germany won't have a problem with getting out of this group, but goal differential is a reason to not back off too.