Germany v. Sweden Quarterfinal #3 8/15 [R]

Discussion in 'Knockout Rounds' started by Charge!, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Quarterfinals are set, so anything about this all-Euro affair, which will be the first 9AM eastern time game, feel free to put here. :)

2. secretcode

secretcode New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    USA
    I can't see Germany losing.

This is very bad luck for Sweden, and it's too bad we won't get to see more of them in this tournament.

3. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Except for a spell in the Brazil match, Germany have played appallingly all the way so far, while Sweden at least managed to play well today against Canada. But I don't really see Sweden winning either.

4. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    They had a nice spell after they scored against Nigeria where for moments they showed what they are capable of.

I haven't seen Sweden play but have only read that they haven't been impressive either. I think it's 60/40 Germany.

5. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Sweden is now and always has been inconsistent. When they're on, they're capable of beating anyone... if only they could stay "on" for a full 90 minutes, they would beat anyone. Consistency is one of the things that makes Germany a safer bet, against anyone. On the other hand, Germany has not been overwhelming like they can be, Sweden is getting better as they go on, and this Sweden team is far better than last year's. I'd say the 60/40 estimate is about right.

6. PalmyBeach27

PalmyBeach27 New Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Germany is overrated. Ripe for the plucking tonight, lets see if Sweden can step thru the door.

7. marush

marush Member

Aug 17, 2008

Germany played very bad. But they are in the Half-final.And Monday evening they are in the Final.I think it is not forbidden to beat the Germans. But in the last Worldcup or in this Cup Germany is unbeaten und they got no goals. I think the Topteam in the World is still the USA because they win nearly all Tournaments(Algarve Cup,Pearce Cup,Goldcup).But in the Top-tournaments this are other Germans then in Friendly-matches.I wourld say,the USA will win all friendly-matches against Germany.But not in the Cup.

8. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Wrap-up of Sweden-Germany. An entirely objective summary. Really. Honest. Includes clips demonstrating the perfidy of Team Germany, BP missing an open goal, and why I was screaming near the end of regulation.