Germany to Host the UEFA Euro 2024

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Makes sense for Munich to host the EURO 2024 Final

2. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hertha are planning on leaving the Olympiastadion by 2025, I wonder if it will still be used for football regularly after that?

Ideally a final in the capital city is better and the stadium is more iconic.

Ger90 and Ofori repped this.
  3. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Then how about Frankfurt

4. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    What wrong with Olympiastadion??

BorisG repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    doesn't Germany do badly in Munich? If you want to win, a final in Munich seems like bad idea,lol.

BorisG, dips82 and BVBFNM repped this.
  6. Aderthan

Aderthan Member+

Schwarz weiss essen
    Germany
    Nov 17, 2020
    I think Hertha want a slightly smaller capacity stadium to create a better football friendly atmosphere and less empty seat; IMO Olympiastadion should be a neutral ground , reserved only for Pokal finale and NT matches.

BVBFNM repped this.
  7. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Should have it in Dortmund then. NT hardly ever loses there, only v Italy in 06 I think?

BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.
  8. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I failed to notice my post was at the foot of the page, so I'll repost in case anyone missed it.

Alex C and Ger90 repped this.
  9. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well my question is, what kind of dark legacy related to Olympiastadion?

10. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    You guys seem to have really profound knowledge. Would be funny of someone would dare to make a guess about the starting lineup in 2024 ( à la Klopp) ;)

Ger90 repped this.
  11. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It was built shortly after the Nazis came to power and prominently used for propaganda purposes during the 1936 Olympic Games by the Third Reich.

Ger90 and Blueberry_night repped this.
  12. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well noted and thanks

BVBFNM repped this.
  13. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    would prefer Berlin, as Munich has never been so good for us

BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.
  14. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    forget about the past .. or at least let the past not dictated your future....

15. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    My question is about CURIOSITY. Jesus.....

BVBFNM repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Euro 2024 in Germany?
    Müller: "Step by step. I have a contract with FC Bayern until 2023. I'm aware that the clock does not stop. What matters to me is that I am important to my teams. My focus is on performing." "I wouldn't rule out the possibility of still playing professional football in 2024. Regarding the national team, that's still far too far away for me."

BorisG and Blueberry_night repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

EURO 2024: LOGO WITH LIGHTSHOW REVEALED IN THE OLYMPIC STADIUM BERLIN

This evening at 8:24 p.m. CEST, the brand identity for the UEFA EURO 2024 was unveiled in Berlin's Olympiastadion, which will be held in ten German cities in less than three years. The EURO 2024 motto - "United by Football. United in the heart of Europe" - as well as the logos of the ten host cities, on which well-known landmarks can be seen, were also presented.

Present at the official brand launch were UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin, 1st DFB Vice President Dr. Rainer Koch, Tournament Director Philipp Lahm, the Governing Mayor of Berlin, the Lord Mayors of Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Gelsenkirchen and Stuttgart as well as representatives of the other host cities, high-ranking members of the German Federal Government and other invited guests. The highlight of the event was the unveiling of the UEFA EURO 2024 logo in a spectacular light show.

The basic colors of the tournament logo are borrowed in various combinations from the national flags of the 55 UEFA member associations. The shape of the logo is a reference to the roof of the Berlin Olympic Stadium; in the center is the famous Henri Delaunay Cup, surrounded by 24 colored fields, which stand for the number of finalists.

Čeferin: "Four weeks united in the heart of Europe"
    The brand stands for a diverse final round where everyone is welcome. Everyone should feel at home in football - and the brand is a first step towards creating such a home in Germany. The brand assets, from the logo to the samples to the brand video, celebrate the diversity of fans and football in Europe.

The motto "United by Football. United in the heart of Europe" reinforces the message of unity, togetherness and inclusion. This motto, selected together with the host cities, was already used during the application process. In addition, each of the ten venues - Berlin, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Gelsenkirchen, Hamburg, Cologne, Leipzig, Munich and Stuttgart - was able to determine a characteristic landmark that is an essential part of the respective city logo.

UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin said: "It's great that the UEFA EURO 2024 logo has come to life here in the world-famous Berlin Olympic Stadium. From now on, the tournament has a brand identity that reflects the common goals of UEFA, the DFB and the host cities : a European Championship finals for everyone. For four weeks we will be united in the heart of Europe. "

Lahm: "EURO 2024 will be a final for everyone"
    Tournament director Philipp Lahm said: "EURO 2024 will be a final round for everyone, and we look forward to welcoming fans from all over Europe and all over the world to Germany in the summer of 2024. Together we will celebrate a great football party. The logo and the brand identity of the tournament convey this message in a perfect way. "

The brand is the result of a comprehensive collaboration between UEFA, the DFB and the ten host cities that began in September 2018 with the announcement of the host country. It was designed and developed by the Lisbon-based creative agency VMLY & R Branding.

The 51 games of UEFA EURO 2024 will take place in ten German stadiums in June and July 2024. The full schedule will be announced in early 2022. Further information on the tournament can be found at www.euro2024.com.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So despite automatic qualification as hosts, will Germany still be part of a qualification group the way France were for Euro 16, with results not counting to towards the table?

Ger90 repped this.
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    03 LB Netz aims to play at this tourney.

Alex C repped this.
  21. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    they did ? that is odd......
    Ok just checked cant find France under the EM qualification groups of 2014/15

22. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They were the 6th team in Group I, which officially had 5 teams. Their results did not count towards the standings.

Qatar are doing the same right now and are playing Group A teams in European WC qualification.

23. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What would the advantage of that be? Would it be having a defined schedule?, because they are still friendlies and still of no consequence.

I would think Germany would have no shortage of top class opponents willing to play them in friendlies.

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    friendlies going extinct due to NL.

while top Euro teams play qualifiers who will we play? Teams from South America, Asia, Africa?

playing in qualifiers vs other Euro teams is best practice for a Euro tourney.

25. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1974 WM finale.....:p